• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, 

My question is in regards to birth defects and Psalm 139:13-14 “For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made”

I know a woman who’s son was born with a neurological dysfunction (Tourette’s syndrome) they are Christian and love the Lord. When the teenage son is asked about his condition, he responds “this is the way God made me”... the mother has resolved that if “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever” then he does not makes mistakes and so her son being born with this dysfunction is God’s plan and thus they do not believe he will ever be healed til Heaven.

What are your thoughts on Psalm 139 saying that God created us in our mother’s womb and how that ties into the Fall and humanity now being under the curse of sickness , disease and dysfunction of every kind? And also Jesus redeeming us from the curse of sickness and believing for healing . (As I know of mother’s who had a diagnosis of dysfunction in their baby while pregnant, believed God for healing and their baby was born perfectly whole) 

Thank you 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

46 minutes ago, Angel77 said:

Hello, 

My question is in regards to birth defects and Psalm 139:13-14 “For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made”

I know a woman who’s son was born with a neurological dysfunction (Tourette’s syndrome) they are Christian and love the Lord. When the teenage son is asked about his condition, he responds “this is the way God made me”... the mother has resolved that if “Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever” then he does not makes mistakes and so her son being born with this dysfunction is God’s plan and thus they do not believe he will ever be healed til Heaven.

What are your thoughts on Psalm 139 saying that God created us in our mother’s womb and how that ties into the Fall and humanity now being under the curse of sickness , disease and dysfunction of every kind? And also Jesus redeeming us from the curse of sickness and believing for healing . (As I know of mother’s who had a diagnosis of dysfunction in their baby while pregnant, believed God for healing and their baby was born perfectly whole) 

Thank you 

God bless the teenage son because that is the truth. God has a plan for each and everyone of us. Sometimes people are going to have disabilities and illness in their life. God goes through life with these people and He loves them. They will be richly blessed if they have a faith and trust in God during their trials. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Blessings Laura Story

We pray for blessings
We pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
All the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things

Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough

All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not our home

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

God does not make mistakes. We live in a cursed world, made worse by our abuse of the enviroment.

This results in among other things, birth defects, sickness and death.

Every life is a life made in the image of God, no matter how marred that life may be.

We have an oppertunity then to show just how much we love our neighbour by how much we care for the families with special needs children.

How user friendly is your church for the wheelchair bound, those with hearing or sight loss, or sensitivity to noise and light?

How different is our attitude to special needs to how the world regards them?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

God does have a plan as others have said. Paul spoke of having some sort of thorn in his side that he prayed for God to remove several times, but he kept it. We don't know what it was but it seemed a significant impairment. Moses seemed to have had a speech impediment. Think about the ways God used them. They should be an encouragement. Finally keep this in mind from I Corinthians 1:26-29

"Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him."