WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

The believer’s part is to “walk in the Spirit” (Gal 5:25), which ability is given by God as He unceasingly “works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure” (Phl 2:13). Thus self cannot retain redemption any more than one can save one’s soul! Sustainment of redemption attributed to self-reliance in any form has in my estimation the same implication (though unknowingly) as self-attributed salvation; for where would the difference between the two be found?

In all openness, what credit is there—anywhere—that a believer would desire to claim attribution of anything belonging to God? Knowingly, nowhere; but wrongfulness committed in ignorance is yet evidence of a misapprehension in understanding. It’s God who saves a soul, and it’s He who “makes him stand” (Rom 14:4).

Thankfully our Father knows the weaknesses in our understanding, and progressively teaches us all that He desires us to comprehend (Pro 28:5; 2Ti 2:7). If those professing Christianity eventually decide to permanently discontinue it, there is a manifestation of two things: the profession was not genuine; the soul was never reborn.

What is within those reborn which contains the “life” of the Lord Jesus (Col 3:4) and is what the Father, through His Holy Spirit “works in you” (Phl 2:13)?—the new nature; which is “after the image of Him (Christ) who created him (it)” (Col 3:10). If we profess to be in Christ, what is the most evident manifestation of this rebirth?—continuing in all that is involved (obedience) unto the cessation of one’s life (Mat 24:13; Mar 13:13). Only a permanent Christian walk best demonstrates the redeemed life; for those who are not reborn will unavoidably discontinue a profession and walk of the Christian life.

How unsettling it is in seeking restful assurance towards joy and sustaining endurance, when there is not that knowledge of the permanency of faith and salvation, wherein there is no surer encouragement within the “Word of Truth,” concerning the “hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast” (Heb 6:19).

NC

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

We should be apt to teach everyone that intelligent beings are seeking to destroy us. We need to warn, drag out of the fire and educate our fellows in the diabolical plans of the adversaries arrayed against us. This is a mandate from the Lord God. As His Imagers, we should BE Yeshua to the lost...

We need to partner up with out Commander-In-Chief and do what He would do if He were here.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

7 hours ago, WordSword said:

Thankfully our Father knows the weaknesses in our understanding, and progressively teaches us all that He desires us to comprehend (Pro 28:5; 2Ti 2:7).

While I really don't understand the premise of the entire message (I'm slower than I used to be) I'll simply say "Amen!' to this quote.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

thank you for shareing this I will pray with discernment about this

20 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

We should be apt to teach everyone that intelligent beings are seeking to destroy us.

True, and we are always be kept from their attempts of opposition (Rev 3:10). God bless!

14 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

While I really don't understand the premise of the entire message (I'm slower than I used to be) I'll simply say "Amen!' to this quote.

That's okay, and appreciate your reply! The crux of the issue here is that the responsibility for retaining our salvation is on the Lord Jesus, not self. A continuous lifestyle of obedience to God's Word manifests He is "working in you" (Phl 2:13). A lifestyle of discontinuing obedience to the Word manifest God has not been working in you, because nowhere is it said that He ceases from this work.

God bless!

14 hours ago, shortangel said:

thank you for shareing this I will pray with discernment about this

Thanks for the reply, and God's guidance to you in your Biblical studies!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,168
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes the ones who believe that there is any of this world, and what is manipulatable within it, is capable of bringing salvation has not understood the abandonment of first born realities to 'The' second born miracle of God.... 'all things new' is the key to understand this verse

2 Cor 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
KJV
The works reliant people do not understand that you cannot take that which passes away and place it with the everlasting... it is that simple!

22 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Yes the ones who believe that there is any of this world, and what is manipulatable within it, is capable of bringing salvation has not understood the abandonment of first born realities to 'The' second born miracle of God.... 'all things new' is the key to understand this verse

2 Cor 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
KJV
The works reliant people do not understand that you cannot take that which passes away and place it with the everlasting... it is that simple!

Amen! And I believe it's of the utmost importance to note the intent of permanency designed in the words "new creature," "old passed away" and "are become new." This primary growth truth has rarely been discussed and maintained within contemporary Christendom within the last half century or so. Without it there's nothing to grow from, due to the reasoning that one could perish forever at the possibility of merely changing one's mind (unless I'm misunderstanding you).