• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

So many Christians think that JUST RELYING ON JESUS WILL HEAL ALL YOUR PROBLEMS, which is a RAMPANT false believing and false teaching in most churches.

Obviously you haven't had to deal with PTSD. like RarexxRose and I have had to deal with for all my life because of abuse beginning at birth. Paul asked God to take away His physical problem 3 times and God's answer was "MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT".

Those of us who continually suffer with PTSD are BLESSED with it so we can help others with the same problems, and have learned to suffer with others for their sake, so they have someone to help them walk a difficult road and bring a loving understanding in their lives..

I would be more careful in making statements like yours here about things you know nothing about in the future, especially seeing your a senior member here and should know better if your a "SEASONED SAINT". A lot of people have been hurt and turned off of Christianity because of the lack of empathy when their suffering and get nothing but a put down, like their faith isn't strong enough, which is far from the truth most times. An answer like yours doesn't help people struggling to get answers that give them HOPE and a stronger faith so they can move forward.

I hope my statement here is convicting for not only you, but for others with the same simplistic and condescending opinion on how to live with something so paralyzing  emotionally at times.

All spoken in God's love and desire for us to love each other, for "We are known by the love we have for one another"-Dave

I haven't had to deal with PTSD, but when the Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, my life was transformed. I think that is a good first step for anyone.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I haven't had to deal with PTSD, but when the Lord led me to repent of sin I was committing, my life was transformed. I think that is a good first step for anyone.

Hi Johnthebaptist :)

Your response is true for anyone, but has nothing to do with the agonizing issue of PTSD and dealing with it.

I think you need to go back and re-reads my response to your post, as I don't think you heard what I said or you simply don't understand because your not a victim.

Read the ladies post here along with mine and maybe you will start to empathize and pray for them, and the lifelong pain they will have to endure.

People with mental health issues have constantly been targets of people in church as they are condemned for not having enough faith for healing, and even avoided instead of getting support and love, as they struggle to find a level of healing that at least allows them to move into a healthier place in their lives.

Church members can be downright mean, and can say things that can destroy the hope we should all be given in church. I've seen it, and it's beyond heartbreaking.

This has been a huge issue in most churches for as long as mental health has been an issue with the human condition, and am speaking out not for myself, but for all those criticized and condemned, without any love in the one place it should be given most.

All my love in Christ to you Johnthebaptist.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

well, ths PTSD survivor is the victim of the repeated unremitting sin of others spanning more than a decade. I am interested in knowing what you think PTSD is and how it can be the result of the sufferers sin?

PTSD is the equivalent, in some ways, of a massive trauma to our bodies, resulting in thin scar tissue which keeps breaking open when under certain strain, time after time. Would you tell someone with a weeping recurring leg ulcer to repent of their sins?

Yes, God can choose to heal instantly. Its HIs choice. I can and do ask, sometimes prostrate on the ground in agony of mind and body. He has decreed that, at this time, He sees fit to not heal me. His choice and sovereign will is not my responsibility or fault.

If I get run over by a truck, I will suffer. But if I was suffering already because of sins I was committing, then I would suffer more.

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Please clarify why you think PTSD survivors are committing sin by having it?

and why you appear to be saying that those who suffer PTSD have not repented and been saved and received the transforming love of God?

I didn't say PTSD survivors are committing sin. Repenting of our sin makes it easier to understand why we are suffering.

• Oy Vey! 1

7 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
Do you understand that PTSD is... post traumatic stress disorder?  This means, it is a result of trauma.... that is not the sin of the person being victimized. 

But the victimized person will want to get over the pain.

• Oy Vey! 1

How does repenting of someone elses sin 'get over the pain'?

When we sin we bring pain into our lives. By repenting of one's sin, they eliminate that pain. It then becomes easier to deal with the PTSD.

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

4 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Please clarify why you think PTSD survivors are committing sin by having it?

and why you appear to be saying that those who suffer PTSD have not repented and been saved and received the transforming love of God?

Maryjane my sister in Christ,

This is a disease of the heart from the self-righteous who judge others and in their ego and arrogance raise themselves over others in condemnation and a WITCH BURNING  mentality prevalent in ungodly hateful hearts that God not only condemns now but will condemn at His JUDGEMENT. I hope you maryjane and others here have found loving and understanding support as you deal with your personal issues as I have.

I have wonderful friends and a grown adult child who is a wonderful support, and God has brought me a wonderful Christian friend who was abused as a child and by her husband. Together we find solace in knowing how we're doing just by the sound of our voices, and are encouraged by each others prayers and knowing God is with us and understands more than anyone and encourages us in His GLORIOUS WORDS of scripture.

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

I am afraid it doesnt work like that.

Once you were saved, and repented, did all past pain go from your life, and you now walk pain free?

If I were perfect, I think life would be pain-free.

• Oy Vey! 1

2 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:
Of course..... and is that a sin? 
No one here is saying that the victim of abuse and trauma should not repent of their own sins.  That is not the issue here.  Healing from trauma is something that is between the individual and God.  The person suffering as a result of someone else's sins against them must choose some things as well... including forgiveness of the perpetrator/s, and bringing their pain and brokenness to Him.  It is almost never an instant healing, but usually a process of consistently bringing our trauma to Him at His leading and growing in strength as He mends the brokenness. 

No, that is not a sin.

but you are not. And we are not discussing perfection. We are discussing coping with the life we have now.

We are talking about your assertion that repentance will remove pain. What pain does repentance eliminate? It eliminates the some of the pain of our own past sins. Not the sins of others. As our bodies bear the physical scars of trauma, so does our mind bear the scars of trauma in this life, unless God chooses to heal us.

No, I am not perfect, but I keep trying to be.