• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1980

Repent of your sins.When you called GOD evil you blasphemed our LORD.I wouldnt have let you spoke past that before I would have banned you :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is my personal opinion, I'm sorry if it offended you. If you are so dedicated to your beliefs and your LORD then my opinion should not affect you at all. If you want to ban me because I question the confusing contradictions in the Bible, then do it. All it shows to me is weakness in your own faith and others' opinions rattle your beliefs. Also, last time I checked this forum was entitled Apologetics: Defending our Faith!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I haven't time to play semantical games, or dabble in philosophies of guesswork and ignorance, so I will simply tell you of my experience of Him:

I was lost, and now am found.

Guest tsauder
Repent of your sins.When you called GOD evil you blasphemed our LORD.I wouldnt have let you spoke past that before I would have banned you :emot-crying:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! Banned Agnostic from the message board? That's right, we gotta stand up for God, make sure people toe the line or they are OUT. Gee whiz.

Agnostic, have you ever read The Great Divorce by CS Lewis? It is a very imaginative look at Heaven and Hell. Lewis imagines that Hell is a vast expanse of territory where everyone builds houses far, far away from each other so they don't have to have contact with anyone - they so despise each other and only regard themselves as significant. It is pretty interesting.

I am so with you on what is literal and what is metaphorical in the Bible. There is a certain amount of information that is fairly clear and straightforward and then a TON which is ambiguous and even "poetic", intended to give expression to an experience but not intended to be a "report" of the experience.

I am 37 and grew up in a fairly mainstream Protestant church. I sang in the choir, did lots of solo work, headed up "worship teams" the whole nine yards. About 5 years ago I grew increasingly frustrated by the message I had been getting every Sunday which seemed to contain 50% truth (as I saw it) and 50% stuff the pastor made up depending on how he felt that week. I realized that the Gospel, the central message of Jesus, the FOUNDATION of my faith, was only getting lip service. We spent 90% of our Sundays hearing messages on how we weren't living up to God's expectations and how displeased He probably was of us and how we needed to "come back to Him" yadda, yadda, yadda. All preached with the best intentions and with good motivations, I believe. Still, at this point in my life I am able to say that the Gospel is the one thing I hold firm to and all else is debateable as long as it does not violate that.

On Larry King's show he asked Billy Graham if God loved Satan and Mr. Graham could not answer. He simply said, "I don't know". I loved that answer! If you place your faith in Christ then you can say "I don't know" to TONS of stuff and still be OK. You can believe that Hell is a lake of fire (though I disagree), you can believe that everyone gets to Heaven, it doesn't matter. All you need be concerned about is in whom you place your faith, yourself or Christ. And even that doesn't concern me all that much (for others) because I know God is in control and He'll work with you just as He has with me, in His own way. All this chatter about what about this and what about that is just interesting intellectual exercise.

In any "movement" you'll have wackos, just ignore them :emot-fail:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

You see man, the moment that the Bible declares at least once that GOD IS GOOD and HIS GOODNESS ENDURES FOR EVER....means EXACTLY THAT! :)

The Scripture CANNOT BE BROKEN...neither changed or altered...

The Scriptures are GOD's OWN DECLARATION OF THE TRUTH...and JESUS HIMSELF Whon is THE WORD of GOD INCARNATE ,HE IS THE TRUTH...so your question about God being EVIL falls ...THE QUESTION CANNOT STAND on ITS OWN LEGS! :taped: because from GENESIS to REVELATION you can read THAT GOD IS GOOD and HIS GOODNESS ENDURES FOR EVER....

I tell you who IS EVIL....."Apollion,Abbadon,Satan,The Old Serpent,THE FATHER of LIES,THE DEVIL,THE DRAGON....THE FALLEN ONE!!!!"

Be careful friend...DON'T PLAY with FIRE....stop FOOLING YOURSELF and playing "PHILOSPHER and BIG THINKER"...I say to you in TRUE christian LOVE...STOP FOOLING AROUND and REPENT ...GO TO GOD and REPENT of all this junk and you'll find that GOD IS GOOD and LOVES YOU and REALLY doesn't want at all that you END UP in THE LAKE OF FIRE FOR ETERNITY! I REPEAT: E T E R N I T Y.......IN JESUS NAME I IMPLORE YOU: REPENT and SAVE YOUR SOUL BY TRUSTING IN JESUS as YOUR LORD and SAVIOUR otherwise YOU WILL GO TO HELL,notwhitstanding that THE FATHER GAVE JESUS FOR YOU...DO YOU READ ME? FOR YOU...DO YOU READ ME? FOR YOU........but EVEN GOD with ALL HIS MIGHT will not go against YOUR WILL...I exhort you: REPENT before is too late!

ARE YOU SO SURE THAT YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY TOMORROW?WHAT ABOUT IF YOUR LIFE WILL BE REQUIRED TONIGHT? WHY END UP IN THE EVERLASTING DAMNATION of HELL with satan and his followers? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? ARE YOU CRAZY?

R E P E N T...seriously,I mean it,in JESUS NAME.

AMEN

Your friend in Jesus ROBERTO( a dirty sinner saved BY GRACE and FAITH in JESUS CHRIST WHO IS GOOD and LOVES YOU TOO!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-fail: Thank you for reinforcing the reason why I would never again want to be a finger-pointing, aggressive, intolerable, red-eyed christian. I almost forgot why I de-converted. Although, it is tempting to spend eternity with people like you.

:emot-crying:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey,Agnostic...thanks for the compliments :(:24::24::(:24::(:21::21::21: Get this:

1 corinthians:17-31

17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Isa 29:14

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Jer 9:24

So...A-gnostic...stop FOOLING AROUND MATE..and if you despise Christ and the christians why don't you DEBATE your vain babblings in same NEW AGE club?

I mean,your arguments are not even interesting,so I'll give you HIS WORD again:

Revelation 3:

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I pray that you repent,because even though you play the fool and play with fire GOD STILL LOVES YOU and so DO I,

CIAO

Guest tsauder

I am curious why you quote scripture which is from the Spirit to "the churches" to someone who claims to be outside of the church? Or do you just get to ignore the last verse?

If you've ever seen The Big Kahuna you'd understand why quoting scriptutre AT someone just gets people mad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Kinda hard to draw someone to Christ by telling them that they are going straight to hell(or anything close to that statement). I'm sure God is happy that AF is asking these questions. Who knows, when times get really hard in life a Christian could be the one person that AF needs to bring him to the reality that Jesus is real. We have to becareful not to shoot every non christian down. And let's try to be sweet to each other...........and not like artificial sugar either :emot-crying:

Guest tsauder

We are getting a bit off topic. Agnostic suggested that God may be evil if He created someone He knew was destined for eternal torment in a literal lake of fire. Some of us have suggested that his assumptions about Hell and destiny are up for debate within the Christian tradition, therefore there are "Christian" apologetics which can offer a different perspective. He need not be an agnostic if his only objections to Christianity are a result of an erroneous belief that his assumptions are required to be a Christ follower.

Guest sdcintrurons

I just thought I should mention - because not one has. Someone has posted something like, "I used to be a Christian - but now I am not". This is impossible according to Scripture. Scripture says that Jesus will proclaim to the unsaved "I never knew you". He will not say "I used to know you" or "I once knew you" - He will say "I NEVER knew you". Paul says in Romans 6 that "those whom He justifies, he also glorifies" - no one gets off the bus on the way.

I just think that's important, because when someone says "when I used to be a Christian it wasn't as good as you guys say it was" - what ever their religious experience was - it wasn't one of genuine salvation.

1John says that some people dabble in Christianity for awhile and then leave - and John says "they went out from us, but they were not of us. If they had been of us, they would have no doubt remained"

Also, in Jesus' parable of the sower, he describes 4 different types of people who get exposed to the truth. Some appear to be genuine for awhile, but Jesus says they "have no root" - only the one that remains is genuine.

Anyway... I'm new here - enjoying the discussion. Let's make sure we keep it friendly guys! Deal?

Many blessings to all.

Scott

Guest NewPilgrim

If God allowed only the existence of people who he knew would be saved, he would be displaying favouritism instead of justice, Justice is to allow us to practice our freewill by choosing God over the world or vice versa. By simply not allowing non-belivers to exist he would be depriving those "potential" souls of the ability to make that choice.

Unless they are created and allowed to make that choice between God and the world, there is no basis on which to decide whether or not they should have been allowed to exist in the first case. You catch my drift?

Interesting reflection you had "maybe I'll be a born again christian again"

I've never heard of being born again again....

I hope one day you experience the second birth which Jesus spoke of, It's amazing :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I just thought I should mention - because not one has.  Someone has posted something like, "I used to be a Christian - but now I am not".  This is impossible according to Scripture.  Scripture says that Jesus will proclaim to the unsaved "I never knew you".  He will not say "I used to know you" or "I once knew you" - He will say "I NEVER knew you".  Paul says in Romans 6 that "those whom He justifies, he also glorifies" - no one gets off the bus on the way.

I just think that's important, because when someone says "when I used to be a Christian it wasn't as good as you guys say it was" - what ever their religious experience was - it wasn't one of genuine salvation.

1John says that some people dabble in Christianity for awhile and then leave - and John says "they went out from us, but they were not of us.  If they had been of us, they would have no doubt remained"

Also, in Jesus' parable of the sower, he describes 4 different types of people who get exposed to the truth.  Some appear to be genuine for awhile, but Jesus says they "have no root" - only the one that remains is genuine.

Anyway... I'm new here - enjoying the discussion.  Let's make sure we keep it friendly guys!  Deal?

Many blessings to all.

Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like this answer.

Welcome to worthy Scott.