• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

i personally dont believe in tithing to a television pastor or church..your tithes should go to your local church except for someone who isnt able to leave their home..a love offering of course is different but should be chosen wisely..i just dont want to give at all when i see gold thrones and ornate stages and chandeliers and hosts wearing designer clothes, expensive jewels etc..God will be their judge...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i believe in tithing to where u are being feed.i go to church,but divide my tithes between my church and jimmy swaggart ..he is the only *t.v* preacher i listen too...the thing is ,even with my pastor .don't take anything anyone says..if they are doing God's work.its in the bible..i don't listen to *men* who try to tell you that you can make your self good enough..or to send them money and my house payment will be met..thats not in the bible..i had a lady tell me the other day she loved joyce myers,she made her laugh,,i said "yeah, she is a good comdedian" but for the truth read the BOOK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

2 Peter 2:2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

I never said anyone is going to hell :)

I simply put the Word of God on this as a warning and for true freedom in Christ.

For so long if someone was just preaching Jesus, I thought they're ok. C'mon man, don't you want to make sure that the one who is feeding you, is feeding you the truth?

BennyHinn teaches false doctrine, like we are little gods............he gives prophecies that are false..........proven over and over.......yet he still has the TBN bunch support him. He knows how to pull in a buck.

When the disciples asked Jesus about the end, the very 1st thing he said was "Watch out that no one decieves you" This is not an option, it's a command. Are you watching out? I wasn't for a long time.......but now I am.

The thing is.....I love these men anyway and I pray that they repent. I'm not mad at you for being into this...........I was :blink:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Im not a Benny Hinn fan by any means. Some of the things he teaches are not scripturally valid.

That said, why are you posting this Agnostic? You seem to be spending a lot of time trying to tear apart our beliefs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's Hinn and his money grabbing ilk who do the tearing apart.

BennyHinn teaches false doctrine, like we are little gods

Psalms 82:6

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High

John 10:34

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

The word "gods" in Psalms 82:6 is: 'elohiym -- pronounced: el-o-heem'

(Strongs 0430) which means: gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God (in the New Testament it is theh'-os in the Greek, which is Strongs #2316)

This scriptures means we are gods, but obviously not THE God...it means we are the supreme God, which fits with scriptures because we were created in God's image (after His likness) according to the book of Genesis, and we were also predestined to be in the image of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29)...then the Bible goes on to tell us we are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (understanding) in Romans 12:2

Boy, you took that scripture right out of context. This doesn't say that we are gods..........he is talking to RULERS who make decisions and judgemnts like God. Let's read it in context:

Psalms 82: 1 God presides in the great assembly;

he gives judgment among the "gods":

2 "How long will you defend the unjust

and show partiality to the wicked?

Selah

3 Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;

maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

4 Rescue the weak and needy;

deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

5 "They know nothing, they understand nothing.

They walk about in darkness;

all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

6 "I said, 'You are "gods";

you are all sons of the Most High.'

7 But you will die like mere men;

you will fall like every other ruler."

If you want to claim this scripture foryourself, then your saying that your a ruler who defends the unjust and the wicked.

No.......God said this as mocking those who sit in judgement rather than exalting them. God is about to tear them down!!

In John 10:34 God is again mocking those that sit in judgement and this time wanted to stone him.

All you are saying is you believe that we should remain in the image of fallen, sinful mankind, which is being like the devil!

That's the problem with main-stream Christian-ism is you guys REFUSE to accept the new birth in it's fullness!

So, are you a little god following after God the Creator, in the image of Jesus Christ...

OR, are you a little devil following after your father satan in the image of fallen, sinful mankind?

Choose wisely...these are the only two choices available to mankind!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your wrong.............we are not little gods, we are God's children. This is where Hinn, Copeland and other WOF teachers borderline on mormonism.........and yes, I've studied that cult also.

You are caught up in the belief of extremism. If I don't believe I'm a little god.....you say I don't recieve the new birth and I'm like the devil.

Many of us here have come from false teaching..........your no different. Sooner or later you'll realize that the WOF doctrine has lies in it or you will fade away to some other message board.

All in all..........I love ya know matter what you beleive.

I can do all things through me, who strengthens me

OR

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

James 4: 13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 16As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

A god won't submit to this scripture.

I am not a god........I am a man who is born again and who is SUBJECT to God. I am nothing he is Almighty.........what I have has come from his provision.

Satan is the god of this world and the father of lies. I am more than a conquerer because of what Jesus did on the cross..........not what I have done. Gods are worshipped...........we are to be servents. Ya see, even though satan is the god of this world.........the real God establishes all the governments of this world. As a child of God..........I don't fear the one who can destroy the body but I fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell!!

One day God is going to let the god of this world make war against his people, the saints........and he going to let him kill them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

First off, that is and has been happening ever since Jesus was here...and those of us who reject their God given authority over the devil will continue to be slaughtered. Yes, God is allowing this because when you don't walk with God, you're most likely going to be destroyed. Ask the nation if Israel about this.

You're kidding me, right?

So Christianity from the 1st century to the 3rd century rejected the authority of God over the Devil? So because Peter, Paul, James, Timothy, and the rest of the apostles (wich exclusion to John) all died by the sword of persecution because they lacked the authority over the devil?

Now only is what you said off target, it's down right blasphemous.

What's so funny is you realize you just got caught in a false doctrine and can't get out of it. You said that people who die because of their faith lack the true power of Christ. Is that true of the Apostles, of which one one died naturally...this of coruse after escaping out of a burning vat of water in Etheopia.

Is it God's Will to kill Christians? No, but He allows it. Nothing can be done in this world unless God allows it to be done. This means that if a believer thinks Satan can akill them, it doesn't matter. If God doesn't allow it, it won't happen. Ultimately we have no control over what happens for God is sovereign.

Are you telling me that the millions of Christiians in Sudan, China, Indonesia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Cuba, and other nations where they are persecuted and killed every day have this happen tot hem because they lack faith in God? IF you honestly believe that then I pitty your soul. You easily forget about James 1. The Christian life is not easy and is not peachy and keen. It is (or should be) hard, troublseome, full of trials...because this is what produces perfected faith, not prosperity.

Look, it's appointed unto man to die one...that's not what we are talking about here.

I'm talking about the devil killing you early, before you've lived a long life!

Sure the Apostles had God's power in their lives...but for some of them to die early at the hand of satan? And you say they didn't miss something that they should have learned from God to prevent this?

Look at the Apostle John...how do you explain that fact that the COULD NOT kill him? They tried, a bunch of time...but the best they could do is ship im off to Patmos...where He wrote the Revelation of Jesus Christ, the last book of the Bible!

Here, let me give you a hint as to why the could not kill John...

1 John 5:18

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

See, John KEPT himself in God...in LOVE, and the wicked one could not touch him! Apparantly, some of the other Apostle should have spent more time with Big John and learned some of this.

LOVE never fails, and John found out about this and walked in it.

God IS Love, and LOVE is all-powerful.

The devil doesn't stand a chance....no, really! This is not a fair fight!

The devil can only test and try us with what is carnal or common to man (1 Corinthians 10:13)

BUT, the weapons of our warefare ARE NOT CARNAL, but are powerful THROUGH LOVE (2 Corinthians 10:4)

You guys should study your Bible and quit listening to carnal, man-made religion!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The other aposltes died because they sinned?!?!?!?!?! Are you even for real or are you someone that tries to mock Christianity? I seriously haven't figured that one out yet.

Anyway, you're seriously saying that the apostles died because of their sin? Again, what about James one? What about when Jesus tells us to pray for those that persecute us? What about when He tells us to endure persecution? Why does He speak so much about it if we aren't suppose to go thtrough it?

Mat 5:10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat5:11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Mat 24:9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Because of who?

Cor 4:7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body.

John 5:16So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. 17Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working." 18For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

!Cor 1:18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Did Jesus die because he sinned? I think not.

Man............. :brightidea: