• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/05/1968

4 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I'm so glad that things didn't devolve to blows, brother. You took the side of mercy, Trace, and that sets you apart from how your friend was conducting himself. You spoke the truth to him as well, something else that speaks well of you. I'm hopeful that the two of you worked things out. There are times when speaking the truth comes easily but then there are those times when it's extraordinarily difficult to do. I'm encouraged by your example, Trace! 

Yeah. We worked it out. Ended up being a good trip where we nearly got to meet God together. I borrowed a DPV (diver propulsion vehicle) from a friend who owned a dive shop in High Springs, FL. We were diving 2700 feet into Manatee Springs cave returning from nearly 1 mile of penetration when my DPV, or what we call a scooter, quit working. As we repaired it underwater, we continually referenced a permanent guideline running through the cave tunnel. When we got the scooter working and sped to the exit, we discovered the guideline stopped. We found ourselves lost. Eventually, we did find our way out. We had been sucked into a siphon tunnel during the time it took to fix the DPV. That tunnel also had a guideline. The water moved slowly enough that we didn't notice. Two Polish cave diving instructors ... what could possibly go wrong? God: Saving people whose names end in "ski" since 966.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/22/1956

I think there is room for both fear and hope depending on the circumstances.  The person who convinced me to become a Christian never said a word to me, it was the amazing things he did to help a despised group of people that led my search to Christ.  

Never underestimate how things you do affects others.

Dad used to say, “The best sermons are lived, not preached”.

He was right, rest his soul.