IGNORED

How do you instill and practice self love& worth?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I realize my actions and mistakes are the result of how I esteem myself.  

I just want to get to a place where Im ok with myself. I feel alright..I juat wish I was confident like most people. I keep thinking the more I do or acheive the bettwr Ill fewl about myself but now Im not to sure. After I graduated. I expected to feel amazing but I didn't I just felt the same... I just feel ill just be chasing acheivements in order to feel better about myself. 

Anywho, what are some practical ways to improve self esteem or instill self love? 

I think Paul summed it up better than anyone:

1 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NIV)
3  I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.
4  My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me.

We are all in a state of working that in. Paul took the regard he had for himself and cut it in two. Many become afflicted by their own feelings of self-worth, and sometimes we even lower our own standards so that others will accept us. But Paul is saying we do not have to; God is with us, giving us a standing ovation! We need not accept anything less. It is no longer I, but Christ in me. When I feel down, I begin to pray, "Father, glorify Christ who is in me."

God bless you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Psalm 139:14 tells us that we're "fearfully and wonderfully made". I've always liked that verse. Once it sinks in it can be really uplifting. Outside of what's in the Bible I find it good to take breaks from people if at all possible, but I say this as someone who's both super introverted and prone to being a people pleaser. At least for me when you've got a constant barrage of people wanting or expecting this and that from you for a prolonged period of time, or if you feel like you have to live up to certain standards for them, it can be a huge drain on your own sense of self worth. Getting away from that helps you "reset" and focus more on God and yourself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Consider our heavenly riches in Christ.  Read Ephesians the first chapter and consider all God has done for us.  He has demonstrated His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. 

None of us is worthy.  Christ conferred His Righteousness on us.  If we start thinking we are somebody we become proud and God opposes us.  So it is better to know we are a nobody and embrace being God's slave by choice.  That is what the apostles did.  Nearly every one of them introduced themselves as a bond-slave, a slave or a servant (same Greek word).  Moreover, Jesus said he who is last shall be first in His kingdom.   It is quite freeing to be a nobody for God, to be considered a fool for God's sake, and to know in our hearts it's true.  We don't have to try to be something we are not, and we can be ourselves.  Somewhere in that we become God pleasers, not people pleasers.  We discover that its Jesus Who lives in us and He can have compassion on others through us.  We are filled with His love.  True riches.

• This is Worthy 1