The law

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.68
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

“Brothers and sisters, all of you understand the law of Moses.

So surely you know that the law rules over people

only while they are alive.”

Romans 7:1

The law works fear and wrath;

grace works hope and mercy

Martin Luther

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ROMANS 8:1 there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in CHRIST JESUS who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit --8:2-- for the LAW of the spirit of life in CHRIST JESUS hath made me free from the law of sin and death 

HEBREWS 7:12 for the priesthood being changed there is of necessity a change also of the law 

PSALM 86:11 teach me thy way O LORD I will walk in thy truth unite my heart to fear thy name 

LOVING THE LORD 

• This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

3 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:

“Brothers and sisters, all of you understand the law of Moses.

So surely you know that the law rules over people

only while they are alive.”

Romans 7:1

The law works fear and wrath;

grace works hope and mercy

Martin Luther

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial laws, God eliminated the dietary laws. Only the moral laws are still in effect and those is the only one we need to observe.

Peace and  joy

Edited by omega2xx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, omega2xx said:

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial laws, God eliminated the dietary laws. Only the moral laws are still in effect and those is the only one we need to observe.

Peace and  joy

Not according to the Bible.....Jesus left us with two commands: Believe and Love. “By The Works Of the Law, no flesh shall be justified” The Law is an all or nothing Deal- break one and you have broken them all.The Law was given to “ shut up the mouth” of sinful men and lead them to Christ.Not everybody is ready to Shut Up Just yet.God will shut them up once and for all come Judgement Day.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

7 hours ago, Betha said:

BB, you talk as if you are not included. When being corrected we always need to start with 'our own self' since no one is without sin.

I am not included......The Law “ shut me up” a long time ago...."I can’t keep it......I am a degenerate sinner, a wretched man who needs a “ loophole” because my performance really sucks. Thanks be to God, I found the Loophole. I can’t be perfect and trying to be perfect only shows me how that “ fool’s errand” is beyond my sinful reach.No, I can’t “ make the grade” by turning over a new leaf, but I found something that I “ could” do. It ain’t easy, but at least it is possible .I discovered that if I took a Promise Of God, such as 1cor15:1-4, I could simply believe it , not add to it and rest in it and in return for that Faith , even though I am not righteous by any stretch of the imagination, God would “ declare” me “ righteous” because of my Faith.What a Deal I found! Jesus took all my sins upon himself at the Cross - paying the price for all the sins I would ever commit and in turn , gave me His Perfection.That wondrous Grace is the only incentive I need to try to live right.I have no need to take the Law, divide it up and bring it down to a level I foolishly think I can keep.I am done with the Law.....it did  it's job in my life.....It shut me up because I was blessed by God with the insight to see and admit that I could not keep it.....then it lead me to Jesus..... “ Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to all those that BELIEVE”.We are saved by Grace, not by obedience to an impossible system.It’s time to shut up about the Law.Its Faith in Jesus- Plus Nothing!  

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

You do not understand.......do you hear me preaching obedience to the Law as the way to be justified before a Holy God? That is where the Law has done its job in my life.....it has “ shut me up” as far as using it as the means for getting saved.That was the purpose of the Law—- to show that we can not keep it and to show that we must have a Savior.That is how the Law “ shuts us up”.That is the purpose of the Law. It’s in the Bible.Look it up.The Law has shut me up by revealing how wretched I am.In response to that terrible realization, I repented—- I turned to God as A lost sinner who had to have a Savior.That is the True Repentance That God requires.Has the Law lead you to see your wretchedness, Betha ? Have you ever experienced the type of repentance I am explaining? Thanking you in advance for your response to these vital questions.... “Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”.........The Holy Spirit “ draws” us by using the Law to convict us of sin.....has the Law convicted you and sent you to the Savior, Betha ? I hope so.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

10 hours ago, Betha said:

BB, you talk as if you are not included. When being corrected we always need to start with 'our own self' since no one is without sin.

God's moral law is still in effect. Not to save us but let us know what He consider sin(Rom 7:7) so we can try to avooid them.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

*******MATTHEW 15:16 and JESUS said are you also yet without understanding*******

PSALM 56:5 ---every day they wrest my words--- all their thoughts are against me foe evil 

PROVERBS 14:7 go from the presence of a foolish man when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge 

EPHESIANS 4:14 that we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and cunning craftiness whereby they lie in wait to deceive 

*******2 TIMOTHY 3:7 ever learning ---and never able---to come to the knowledge of the truth *******

PSALM 119:142 thy righteousness is an evelasting righteousness ---and thy law is truth 

*****JOHN 14:6 ---JESUS saith---unto him I am the way the truth and the life no man cometh to THE FATHER but by ME*****

AGAIN: ROMANS 8:1 there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in CHRIST JESUS who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit --8:2--

for the law of the spirit of life in CHRIST JESUS --- hath made me free from the law of sin and death 

HEBREWS 7:12 for the priesthood being changed there is made of necessity --- a change also of the law ---

2 JOHN 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth as we have received a commandment from THE FATHER 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

JEREMIAH 13:10 this evil people which refuse to hear my words which walk in the imagination of their heart and walk after other gods to serve them and to worship them shall even be as this girdle which is good for nothing 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOVING THE LORD 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

..AMEN

Edited by DAVID5

3 hours ago, Betha said:

Yes BB.....GOD led me to see that 'transgressing His Law/COMMANDMENTS  was/is SIN 1Joh 3v4....so I stopped transgressing/breaking the one that was blatantly obvious to me.and I actually could do something about it straight away...that is how I found my true Saviour !

You can “ do something about it”, but it is not enough to be saved.Using the Law as a Standard to justify oneself before God requires Perfection.Do you really believe you can meet that Standard?The Law was never given as the way to get saved....it was given to show that one is helpless and hopeless if they choose Law instead of God’s Way , which is Faith in Jesus.You conquered “ One” sin and that’s how you “found”  Jesus?  Is that how we get saved? I would like to see the Chapter and Verse that shows that this is the Way To be Saved ? I always thought it was “ Turning to God, with Faith in Jesus Christ”and that act of Faith Justifying us Before God. All of Him and none of us......even if we “ conquered” one of our sins.Is conquering sin the way to get to Heaven? If so, why do we need a Saviour? “ If we could be saved by keeping the Law- Jesus died for no reason” Does that make sense to you?