• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

My triumphs and struggles!

In 1980, I arrived in America with nothing, no education, no money and I knew nothing about the English language. 

In 1988, I received my degree in electrical engineering. I found a job soon after my graduation. Between 1988 and 2018, I have earned over 2 million dollars. I started a family and I bought a home.

In 1997, I was diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar. I struggled with it ever since.

By 2019, I lost them all. I lost my family, my home, my money, my job and my health. I have attempted suicide three times. I’m in group home right now.

My friends told me to start it over and that I don’t have the right to take my life, only God.

My faith in God keeps me alive. I’m Job in modern time.

• Praying! 5

Hello DustyRoad!

thank you for your prayer!

we are in the same boat and we are brothers. 
I wrote a book called From Darkness Into Light: A Journey from Cambodia to America. Our Father will blessed my book and I will be free from poverty again. I will take only what I needs and the rest will be given back to the world.

In Christ,

Adam

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

@Adam999

There are several on these forums that know the struggle all too well.  It is unbearably difficult. 

A ask the Father to be with you.

Thank you for your prayer lftc!

many blessings to you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Adam,

I'm no expert but I think we can all relate to your life and experiences, albeit some more, some less, you're not alone. If we can not create life, we have no right to take our own, only our Lord in His timing and reasons. Many times under situations you're going through, we just can't comprehend what is going on and it hurts and is devastating; we want to end our suffering. Not only is suicide a sin, that we have no right to take what God has in His love given us; it's selfish and self centered, secular speaking and in my experience.

My only brother for financial reasons, not wanting to be a burden and who knows what else; not long ago shot himself through his heart. I can't begin to tell you the pain and suffering he caused his wife, children, loved ones and me. It affects loved ones beyond words, that don't deserve this kind of sudden pain and suffering. I am still so very angry at what my brother did, and it still hurts to the core of my being.  We need to think about how our actions effect others, instead of being self centered, we need to trust God and His admonishments and plans for our lives. Just as we parents corrected our children growing up, to get their attention and correct their choices and behavior, all out of love and concern for them; the Lord acts in much the same ways. 

I'm totally convinced; there's no coincidences in this world, the rain falls on the just and unjust alike. Because of the fall, Satan is now the prince of this world, Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy, the Lord uses what Satan does and turns it around for good and His glory. As I'm typing this, my signature line comes to mind:

Proverbs 3:5 (KJV) Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

God bless you Adam.

• Loved it! 1

Hi Dennis!

I am so sorry about your brother. My attempted suicides were aborted because I’m too chicken to follow through...being a chicken is a good thing after all. It kept me alive to chat with you today my brother Dennis.

Thank you for a much needed and uplifting comments. I feel much better now and I have the will to continue living.

Many blessings,

Adam

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Adam999 said:

My triumphs and struggles!

In 1980, I arrived in America with nothing, no education, no money and I knew nothing about the English language. 

In 1988, I received my degree in electrical engineering. I found a job soon after my graduation. Between 1988 and 2018, I have earned over 2 million dollars. I started a family and I bought a home.

In 1997, I was diagnosed with PTSD and Bipolar. I struggled with it ever since.

By 2019, I lost them all. I lost my family, my home, my money, my job and my health. I have attempted suicide three times. I’m in group home right now.

My friends told me to start it over and that I don’t have the right to take my life, only God.

My faith in God keeps me alive. I’m Job in modern time.

I agree with your friends. What's to keep you from starting over? You now have the benefit of having learned from past mistakes.

Amen, brother DustyRoad!

17 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I agree with your friends. What's to keep you from starting over? You now have the benefit of having learned from past mistakes.

Johnthebaptist,

I am starting over with my new book, but not in engineering anymore. The book is called “From Darkness Into Light: A Journey from Cambodia to America”.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 minutes ago, Adam999 said:

Johnthebaptist,

I am starting over with my new book, but not in engineering anymore. The book is called “From Darkness Into Light: A Journey from Cambodia to America”.

You are a proven success in engineering. If the book doesn't work out, maybe you will fall back on that.

• Loved it! 1