Sower

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

To all those veterans out there, we thank you for your service to our country.
                    We thank Jesus for our eternal salvation.
       Thank you veterans for defending our countries freedom.
          May God bless you and your families this day.
                       Lest we forget.....

347b61d01c0fe4c956025bc25a914425.png.69ecc3820f51cb8e2120012b9cae4989.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Thank you for your post.

First and foremost I thank Jesus for His love, grace and mercy and saving my soul. Protecting me for His will and purpose for my life.

I thank the Lord and appreciate all veterans who put themselves in harms way to protect and enjoy the freedoms and privileges we have today. I pray all the blood and sacrifice that was shed for this nation doesn't come to vain and for naught. We are becoming an unappreciative nation with an entitlement mentality, and the nation owes us. The words of John F. Kennedy have become a joke [Ask not what...] Remembrance of those whom sacrificed their very last measure of self; those whom were wounded, disfigured, blinded and lost limbs for life. Their families whom coped with and struggled with financial stress and loss of the bread winner; loss of loved ones, the inability of the Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine to work or function normally as they once did. 

In the history of the world, freedom is not nor has ever been free. It is by the grace of God and His will, and historically bought and paid for with shedding of blood. This nation is doing its best to squander away what the Lord has blessed us with. Today, a recognized holiday is a day we hope to get off work; to BBQ, drink beer, watch a sports game and complain about anything and everything. How many do you suppose don't even take a moment anymore to stop what they're doing, and say a short prayer of thanks for what they have, and the Lord whom arranged and supplied it?

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God bless you veterans.

• Loved it! 2

Our prayers go for those still serving at home and on foreign fields,
love ones hoping/praying God brings them home.
Alive.......

JUST A COMMON SOLDIER
(A Soldier Died Today)
by A. Lawrence Vaincourt

He was getting  old and paunchy and his hair was falling fast,
And he sat around the Legion, telling stories of the past.
Of a war that he had fought in and the deeds that he had done,
In his exploits with his buddies; they were heroes, every one.

And tho' sometimes, to his neighbors, his tales became a joke,
All his Legion buddies listened, for they knew whereof he spoke.
But we'll hear his tales no longer for old Bill has passed away,
And the world's a little poorer, for a soldier died today.

He will not be mourned by many, just his children and his wife,
For he lived an ordinary and quite uneventful life.
Held a job and raised a family, quietly going his own way,
And the world won't note his passing, though a soldier died today.

When politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state,
While thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great.
Papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young,
But the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung.

Is the greatest contribution to the welfare of our land
A guy who breaks his promises and cons his fellow man?
Or the ordinary fellow who, in times of war and strife,
Goes off to serve his Country and offers up his life?

A politician's stipend and the style in which he lives
Are sometimes disproportionate to the service that he gives.
While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all,
Is paid off with a medal and perhaps, a pension small.

It's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago,
That the old Bills of our Country went to battle, but we know
It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys,
Who won for us the freedom that our Country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger, with your enemies at hand,
Would you want a politician with his ever-shifting stand?
Or would you prefer a soldier, who has sworn to defend
His home, his kin and Country and would fight until the end?

He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin,
But his presence should remind us we may need his like again.
For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part
Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise,
Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days.
Perhaps just a simple headline in a paper that would say,
Our Country is in mourning, for a soldier died today.

Greater love hath no man........

• Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My own prayer is that active service personnel will no longer be deployed  for dubious causes around the world.

May few that serve ever have to become war veterans. May all come home to retirement from their service to this country and it's population.

Our own are all volunteers now. They choose to serve, a high responsibility. They deserve to have civilian political leadership of very high caliber and responsibility. Higher than  has been exhibited by political leadership of the past several decades. They also deserve serious responsible support from all the people of the land.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 11/11/2019 at 3:07 PM, Neighbor said:

My own prayer is that active service personnel will no longer be deployed  for dubious causes around the world

That's a concept that's been used and abused to death. Our military forces were created and established for national defense against foreign powers and threats to our national security. Over time our military has been used as a political tool for economics and political agendas and global police force, bought and paid for by our taxes and soldiers blood. Great observation.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ACTS 17:11 these were more noble than those in Thessalonica in that they received the word with all readiness of mind and --- SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY---whether those things were true 

JOHN 8:31 then said JESUS to those jews which believed on HIM ---IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD---then are you MY disciples indeed

ROMANS 13:9 for this thou shalt not commit adultery ---THOU SHALT NOT KILL---thou shalt not steal thou shalt not ---BEAR FALSE WITNESS--- thou shalt not covet and if there be any other commandment it is briefly---COMPREHENDED IN THIS SAYING---thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself 

LUKE 3:14 and the soldiers likewise demanded of HIM saying what shall we --DO-- and HE said unto them ---DO VIOLENCE TO NO MAN ---NEITHER ACCUSE ANY FALSELY---and be content with your wages 

MATTHEW 10:16 behold I send you forth as wise serpants and ---HARMLESS AS DOVES---

DEUTERONOMY 5:17 thou shalt not kill

ROMANS 12:17 recompense ---TO NO MAN EVIL FOR EVIL---provide things honest in the sight of all men 

2 TIMOTHY 2:3 thou therefore endure hardness as a ---GOOD SOLDIER OF JESUS CHRIST --4:4--no man that warreth entangleth himself with the ---AFFAIRS OF THIS LIFE---that he may please HIM that hath chosen him to be a soldier 

OH MY LORD KING I come to you in prayer praying MY LORD that we would not be among the revelers of those who go about killing and maiming and destroying ---HELP US MY LORD JESUS--- that we would be good soldiers and fight our battles with the weapons you have provided and not those of carnality ---I ASK AND PRAY JESUS CHRIST IN YOUR NAME 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOHN 15:13greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends--15:14--you are MY friends --IF--you do ---WHATSOEVER I COMMAND YOU---

MARK 8:35 for whosoever will save his life shall lose it---BUT WHOSOEVER SHALL LOSE HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE AND THE GOSPELS---the same shall save it 

HEBREWS 9:15 and for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament that by means of death for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance 

*******9:16 for where a testament is there must also of necessity be the death of the teastator --9:17--for a testament is of force after men are dead otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth*******

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

On 11/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, DustyRoad said:

To be honest I've never felt comfortable with being thanked for my time in the U.S. Army. It wasn't such a big deal seeing as how my father spent 28 years in the Army

"It wasn't such a big deal"

imagesddv.jpg.04002eeeecc3a8afea24918907980210.jpg

Really?

1 hour ago, Sonshine said:

@Sower  Greetings, friend…. Just had to say that I’m certain Dusty didn’t mean it the way you took it.  He just meant that the military was a way of life to him since his father was in the service for so many years.  He never meant to minimize the sacrifice of all those brave soldiers who have served their country.  

:emot-heartbeat:Much love, Sonshine 

I also recognize the fact of his dad being military, as was my dad, uncles, grandfather etc,
and would acclimatize the military life as a normal.  
I also was a military brat, born on an out of state military base, moving by plane or ship,
going to different schools, leaving behind my friends, to another on base home. This was the norm.
Most vets, myself included, do not need any ticker tape parade.
Those from my era, received rotten vegetables and curses returning home.
Felt betrayed. A simple "thank you" recognition would have made a huge difference.
Most people forget our men are still fighting on foreign soils, not all returning.
Some that do, overwhelmed, have a suicide rate of twenty two every twenty four hours.
It is so overwhelmingly moving today to see the support from non military folks for
our returning troops, coming home from their combat missions. As it should be, laying down their life.
After all they went through, it is fitting to hear a "well done soldier, thank you for your service!"
As I understand this feeling, I will buy a lunch for a table of veterans,
or at least extend my hand with a heartfelt thanks. They understand.
I would do the same for Dusty, knowing it would mean something to him. Or it should.
And we all hope to hear some day those words even from our God,  " 'Well done, good and faithful servant! "
When so much has been given, a simple thanks can mean so much.

• Well Said! 2

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

Want to give me a hard time about having no money are relying upon the charity of others? By all means, @Sower, carry on! I've received worse.

Have no idea what that statement  above is about, Dusty. NONE.
Your post above, and the other one, has nothing to do with my post, though I anticipated such.
I know all about our VA, lack of a primary care physician, lines, waiting, waiting, waiting for an appointment that never came.
Nothing fixed, just leaving with a sack of drugs and pain killers. Been doing the VA thing about a half century. Your preaching to the choir.
Or, as you would say     "No big deal"  Right???

1 hour ago, DustyRoad said:

I was born in an Army hospital during Vietnam;

I fought in Viet Nam when you were born.  So what. Has nothing to do with you or this discussion.  I'm not the one that looks for sympathy.
To address my reaction to the  "No big deal" thingie
I posted the "Veterans Day Thanks"thread.
I saw the lack of participation, as usual, on the forum. (Not about mice/kittens :) )
When I saw your post; "It wasn't such a big deal seeing as how my father spent 28 years in the Army;"
I was seeing the thread deteriorate. (So I thought, and getting worse)
I tried to explain to the viewers that a combat vet hearing a simple "Thank you for your service" would be appreciated.
The picture of the cemetery was to add a perspective. It WAS a big deal to some!      Some gave ALL.
Old memories began to surface. I was angry. Should have reconsidered, consulted my Lord.
                            ***(I see you just now posted another reply above)***
If I offended you Dusty, it was not my purpose. It's obvious you were offended, and for that I say I'm very sorry.

I do not apologize for trying to bring an awareness of our veterans still over there fighting for our freedoms.
Thus the Thread.
Your other problems with health, money or the lack thereof, transportation, etc, would have been better to have  asked me for my prayers,
and I would have been honored you ask, as a brother in Christ, and as a combat brother in arms.

"Want to give me a hard time about having no money are relying upon the charity of others? By all means, @Sower, carry on! I've received worse."
Have no idea what this is about? So I will pray for you, Dusty, that God will supply all your needs.
His best blessings!
You also have a loyal following, I see your sisters defended you. You should be very satisfied.

EDIT!!

By the way, Dusty,
Thank You for your service..............

14 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

You're blaming me for the performance of this thread? Really?

Men like you are a dime a dozen, @Sower. I catch flak from blowhards who enjoy giving others a hard time. Here's a good example:

Some pot-gutted Air Force reservist from Kirtland decides to single me out in Wal-Mart because I have long hair and look kinda dirty. I overhear him talking to his son behind me in the checkout line (I don't steal) about how I made him sick. I was some puke commie, he said to his son. Look at my hair and how I was dressed! He believed this entitled him to give me a hard time and push me around because he walked up to stand inches away from me while I was making my transaction at the register.

Did I crush his larynx for this? Did I put him face-down into the tile floor for assaulting me? No, not at all. I didn't do a single thing except collect my groceries and leave the store.

I can't tell you how many times I've been treated poorly by my fellow veterans, not to mention the police in these parts. Go right ahead and blame for me your attitude, brother. You're the one who came at me for merely writing the truth.

This is a disgusting personal attack. You fit well with this world, brother. 

I'm sorry. There is apparently, no common ground.
You're having a rough day, and guess I contributed to it.
It's my sorrow to see your great anger, due to my words.
Again. I'm sorry.  I will continue to pray. For us veterans.
For us, brothers...