• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, LittlePebble10 said:

Thanks everyone for weighing in on this. Please keep me and my friend in your prayers. I am very hopeful that he does not unfriend me because all I want to do is help. Also he is one of the very few who shares my struggles while still being Christian. Also I will edit this is I accidentally double quoted the same person. This forum has really nice tools for quoting but, I am still getting the hang of things.

Those who responded to this thread were attempting to offer the best of suggestions in helping your friend. Don't worry about the quote thingy. It works well but isn't fail safe. If doing multiple quotes get jumbled up, you can always delete them prior to posting and re-do the post. It's hassle sometimes, but the only way to tidy up a mistake. These things happen and I've certainly done my fair share of them. 

My concern here with this most recent addition to the topic, is the indication of role playing that might be going on between the two of you. Mentioning imaginative escape raises a few red flags. I'm having to stumble around here quite a bit even on the first reply by guessing what's going on. Oh, and I forgot one more thing. What exactly did you want to tell your friend anyway? It is the title of the topic afterall. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Those who responded to this thread were attempting to offer the best of suggestions in helping your friend. Don't worry about the quote thingy. It works well but isn't fail safe. If doing multiple quotes get jumbled up, you can always delete them prior to posting and re-do the post. It's hassle sometimes, but the only way to tidy up a mistake. These things happen and I've certainly done my fair share of them. 

My concern here with this most recent addition to the topic, is the indication of role playing that might be going on between the two of you. Mentioning imaginative escape raises a few red flags. I'm having to stumble around here quite a bit even on the first reply by guessing what's going on. Oh, and I forgot one more thing. What exactly did you want to tell your friend anyway? It is the title of the topic afterall. 

What I was trying to tell my friend was that he needs a job in order to get out on his own and into an apartment. You Tube is not going to reliably do that for him. Sorry, I thought the way I wrote all this in the beginning made it obvious. As for role-play I have rather strict rules regardless of the medium. Whether it is in a thread like this, a chat room, or webcam I do have my rules. Most important one is that it must maintain I sort of PG-13 type story. This also goes for normal fury or My Little Pony role-play that may not include age-reg. I must also point out that me and this person have not role played once. Although this might be a way to help me gain his trust. Role-play is not necessarily intended for adult-obscene things if you catch drift. I even played a My Little Pony themed DND with my local Brony group before things fell apart. It really does depend on those involved.     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, LittlePebble10 said:

What I was trying to tell my friend was that he needs a job in order to get out on his own and into an apartment. You Tube is not going to reliably do that for him.

Ah! Yeah, he's gonna need to overcome his internet addictions long enough for the needed maturity in securing a decent paying job. No doubt an expensive endeavor in this day and age. I'm sure you will be able to level with him and encourage the seriousness of the situation. If not, living at home will be the only alternative for now.

1 hour ago, LittlePebble10 said:

Role-play is not necessarily intended for adult-obscene things if you catch drift.

Obscenity in role playing hadn't actually dawned on me. It's the  delving too far into fantasy that concerns me mainly. I've observed it in chat during the late 1990's, and toyed with idea about the Renaissance Period. Sort of like Lord of the Rings, due to my interest of the trilogy. I got bored of it rather quickly though. To each his own.  

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/12/2019 at 2:04 AM, LittlePebble10 said:

What should I say to my friend?

So, my friend is having trouble with his parents. He has been trying to maintain a job and eventually move out to become independent. Unfortunately his employer laid him off due to medical reasons and according to his story his parents messed things up for when he was to return to work. Now he does not have a job even though he is desperate to move out. I know him on my FB friends list. He also uses the exact same coping strategy as me except there is no writing or artwork involved in his activity. At least not that I know of. 

Its a problem when a person is having trouble with their parents but the best thing to do is persist in the relationship and be open and honest as much as possible. Coping can only work for so long, he needs to confront situation and really work on it as much as he can. Even if it takes longer than usual because of hard hearted people he and you should still do what you can.