• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/28/2019 at 7:20 AM, Sonshine said:

666:  The 6th seal, the 6th trump and the 6th vial.  This is when the antichrist appears on the scene, pretending to be the true Christ.  Let’s not be deceived.

I see that as the end of the time of the man of sin. The end of his 42 months. He does not make it to seven. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 11/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, nobleseed said:

the number 6 is a very significant number for man in the bible, on the sixth day we were made, for six days we are to work and rest on the seventh, for six years debts can be collected and cancelled on the seventh, for six years a hebrew can be a slave and released on the seventh and the number of years fields can be cultivated and harvested.  i would suggest that the three 6's or 666 in revelation may represent one or more of these things, perhaps debt, slavery and labor.  it is the number given to man by God.

Interesting hypothesis, nobleseed. The numbers one, three, and seven as missmuffet stated, are also of relevant significance to the Lord. I think we can all pretty much correctly assume why these numbers have important meanings. God is one, the trinity is three, and there are seven days in a week. 

Still, when we overemphasize numerical calculations, or make mathematical conclusions on things we attempt to interpret, we as humans seem to fall short of the mark. The Lord is far beyond all of our understanding. For instance, Psalm 66 and verse 6, reads something like this.

Psalm 66:6 He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him. 

What can one make of this? I dunno. How about Isaiah 66 and verse 6.

Isaiah 66:6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies. 

Interesting also, but does it mean something other than is indicated? Probably not. Both are good verses, though. Let's go with John chapter 6 and 66.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Is this going anywhere? I kinda doubt it. My point is, when we assume to much in trying to figure out anything on a numeration, God is far above our equations. I say let the Lord do the math. 

• Thumbs Up 1