IGNORED

anyone here is spending the Christmas alone this year?

Equippers

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Days Won:  21

I’m sure I will spend Christmas Day alone. I usually spend Christmas Eve with some friends and I receive invitations to join various folks for Christmas Day but always feel out of place. It’s such a family day and should be spent that way. I’ve grown accustomed to spending the holidays alone at this point and tend to enjoy them watching movies, cooking a nice meal for myself, and taking a nice nap. :) 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

38 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

anyone here is spending the Christmas alone this year?

For quite some years, I had been a care provider for my mom, so we always had Christmas together. She had long since given up the elaborately table spread for family and friends. At that point, her choice of a nice restaurant was to her liking. It was never as good as homestyle, but usually pretty good if the place was decent.

My sister took over the last few years after Mom passed away. She had learned her skills well, and family was joined again. Well, until about a year and a half ago, that is. At least now I'm not ever quite alone here. Whoever has to work the holiday shift would rather be elsewhere, but they're pretty good sports about it.

Maybe they get paid more for working these times, I'm not really quite sure. Miss my home and my pets. Two have gone since that time, and one is left waiting. I really do miss her, and hope to get back in order to take care of her some day. My lovely furries were like the children I never had the opportunity to have. 

686766711_kittyheart.png.24fa3ecbb9bd661856cd4ca9b5568897.png

I know how you feel brother. I had to give up my cat last year. Had her for six years. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

It will be my elderly mother and myself as usual.   But I don't mind the quietness.

Our family is scattered in Pennsylvania, Arizona and Florida....however, most of them I have never met as they were born in different States and are much younger than me.   My elderly uncle in Arizona is the one we know best.

I usually decorate as we enjoy the cheerful decorations.   We also send out some Christmas cards for keeping in touch and reaching out.

We have three nice friends (parents and their college age daughter).   They are like family to us.  We see them about twice a year as they live in another city near L.A.   We will probably eat out with them if my homebound, 89 year old mom is willing.

• Loved it! 1