• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Watch as plane flies through Southern Lights

We have our Aurora Borealis in the northern hemisphere, but I was not fully aware of them in the southern region of our earth. This short 47 second clip was from the window of what appeared to be possibly a Lear jet. The color captured my sight, and green is my favorite color. Here's to our friends in Australia and New Zealand. God bless you. P.S. This is my first attempt at a link of any sort here. I hope this works. 

In the Arctic Circle, they are known as aurora borealis or the northern lights, while in the Antarctic Circle they are called aurora australis or the southern lights. These dramatic and colorful lights are created when electrically charged particles from solar winds enter the Earth’s atmosphere and interact with gases in the atmosphere.

https://youtu.be/gJDPoKIMTvE

Aww, man! The link doesn't seem to be working. I'm sorry - how embarrassing... :b:

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

We have our Aurora Borealis in the northern hemisphere, but I was not fully aware of them in the southern region of our earth. This short 47 second clip was from the window of what appeared to be possibly a Lear jet. The color captured my sight, and green is my favorite color. Here's to our friends in Australia and New Zealand. God bless you. P.S. This is my first attempt at a link of any sort here. I hope this works. 

In the Arctic Circle, they are known as aurora borealis or the northern lights, while in the Antarctic Circle they are called aurora australis or the southern lights. These dramatic and colorful lights are created when electrically charged particles from solar winds enter the Earth’s atmosphere and interact with gases in the atmosphere.

https://youtu.be/gJDPoKIMTvE

David, when I tried to watch it to approve it, it says the video is unavailable.   Can you perhaps find another video of the Lights?

• Group:  Royal Member

6 minutes ago, Debp said:

David, when I tried to watch it to approve it, it says the video is unavailable.   Can you perhaps find another video of the Lights?

Yeah, I know. Wow, what a failure I feel like. The link is correct, so I have no idea why it wouldn't work. YouTube has numerous of these and also the Northern Lights, of course. Some of the aurora australis were in vibrant pink. This and orange seem to be the some of the most common colors seen in both hemispheres. One more try, and I'll hang it up as Worthy's Dunce of the Day. 

• Haha 1

Stunning Views of Northern and Southern Lights From Sputnic 

Okay, one more try. The only other clip from the aurora australis wasn't all that impressive. Here's one that looked pretty spectacular. Let's see if this one works. 

Edited by BeauJangles

2 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay, one more try. The only other clip from the aurora australis wasn't all that impressive. Here's one that looked pretty spectacular. Let's see if this one works. 

Yes! 542382060_thumbsupsmiley.gif.2a78bcb3b69e0696595eb618021f628a.gif

Once again, in honor of our friends down under. 47 seconds long. Short and sweet. Worth watching.