IGNORED

The Holy Sabbath Day

bobo81

Guest Blessed by Association

Hey yall, i'm back!

Ok i'm lost as to the direction as to where this is going but back to the original.

Sabbath, the fourth commandment, refers to kepping that day HOLY. Yes the Bible gives references to assemblies that occured on the first day but an assembly of worship service are completely different words.

look at it for your self Worship, Keep holy.

When you boil it down the bible never shows a change from sabbath to sunday.

jesus was the son of God and therefore was GOD. he was the the fullness of the Godhead bodily. If God was to write a will, the commandments in stone and then in our hearts and he was to ammend His "will" shouldn't he do it before he dies. Because that is what happens nowadays. you make a will and after you die it goes into effect, right. So how would God Change his will after he died and was risen on the first day.

But Paul says " let no man judge you on Sabbaths"

The answer is in LEV 23

and the same order is in the OT and shows reference to Sacrifices and cerimonial laws.

[QUOTE]Ezekiel 45:17

And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The word "we" is correct in the meaning of what i said. WE dont sacrifice because Christ is the sacrifice making the temple null and void on earth. The Heavenly temple now has the blood to purify the Holy Sanctuary in Heaven.

Evidences of the law before Mt. Sinai.

Did Joseph know that is was wrong to commit adultery?

Did Abraham lie?

Did Eve steal?

Do you see the pattern? The sabbath was before sin existed on our planet. Adam and Eve were sinless. They never knew sin until they took of the fruit from the tree of good and evil. Linking them with Satan's rebellion. That is why Satan has access to us all. Because we are naturally in allegiance to him. If not for Christ, we would not be able to change allegiance. Do you think CHrist died so we can continue to sin? Paul asked the same question concerning Grace. Does Grace now make void the law? NO! Romans 3:31.

My question to you Sail. Why do you want to continue to sin? What is so important on Friday sunset to Saturday sunset that you cannot observe the day of rest that God appointed. The Catholic Church claims to have changed the Sabbath to Sunday....ask a priest!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Mt 5:19

Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches people to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven.

Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches people to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Luke 9:48

And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Luke 9:48

And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there not a difference in being "least among you all" and being called least by G-d? i.e. what man considers least and what G-d considers least?

I just come to the conclusion that many are happy just getting into heaven, some by the skin of their teeth, but these will not be pillars in the temple of G-d he reserves that place for those who love him without reservation and above all and everyone else. We may all be of the same body but not everyone is the same part, some are closer to the heart than others. Just like in the 'OT', so it is today.

Yeah Masslogic I was purposely being obtuse :thumbsup:

But ok Z...let's go a little further into your statement and assume that you are correct. So...if someone wants to be a pillar in heaven...

Do you think that the weightier matters of Torah will carry more weight in that contest?

In other words, won't the "winner" be judged by how they treated the "least of these my brothers" than by their diet or resting patterns?

If one person spends their life as a missionary to Uganda but eats pork sausage like the people they are ministering to, will they be a lesser saint than someone who was completely kosher and torah-observant but never left their own house to help another soul?

Who do you see as the least? The answer will depend on that. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that Yeshua's statement in Matthew 25 is literally about the jewish people. We will be judged by how we treat them.

But this statement can be applied to all of those who need our help. How we judge is how we will be judged. Or as Paul says in Romans, if we judge someone by the law, we ourselves will be judged by the law. I certainly want to avoid that since I can't keep the law completely. Breaking even one point of it is breaking all of it.