• Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm going to ask this again.

What is the Sabbath?

What should I do on that day?

Scripture only, not customs of either Jews or Gentiles.

Unless we are going to keep all the hundreds of Mosiac laws I can't see that I should do anything on the sabbath but sit on the porch and rest........ scripturally that is.

Guest Zayit
I'm going to ask this again.

What is the Sabbath?

Scripture only, not customs of either Jews or Gentiles.

Unless we are going to keep all the hundreds of Mosiac laws I can't see that I should do anything on the sabbath but sit on the porch and rest........  scripturally that is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does this mean to you otherone?

Jeremiah 12:14-17

14Thus saith the LORD against all mine evil [Gentile] neighbours, that touch the inheritance which I have caused my people Israel to inherit; Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them. 15And it shall come to pass, after that I have plucked them out I will return, and have compassion on them, and will bring them again, every man to his heritage, and every man to his land. 16And it shall come to pass, IF [conditional] they [Gentiles]

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

What is the Sabbath?

Exodus 20:8-11

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

One of the ten commandments. More specifically Saturday. A day of rest and time with God and family.

Isaiah 58:13,14

3If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

14Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Do whatever will bring you into a closer communion with God.

Luke 6:9

9Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?

do good for others. visit sick and shut in, help the less fortunate whatever would benefit another brethren so they can see the love of Christ in you. (Of course this can be done anyday, but this day is especially made for us to be servants to benefit others). JMOP.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

yes and yes

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Excellent responses Brothers!

No need for ANY "of our own" input- rather the Bible is beautifully speaking for itself. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sirsilius

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Why do so many Christians feel the need to pretend that they are Jews? You are not Jewish...get it through your head. We are Gentiles. Gentiles...hear that everyone? We are spiritual Jews, yes, but don't go around pretending that you are the seed of Abraham because you learned how to say Shalom last week. We Gentile believers are NOT under the Law. Paul clearly says that. However, Paul simply states that if someone does honour the Sabbath day, to the Lord he does or does not do so. Why make this issue more complex than need be? Saturday, Sunday, who cares? Sorry if that sounds offensive, but God doesn't care about the legalities but the state of the heart. Do you think that God is mad at me because I go to church on Sunday? Would Saturday make His presence any more real? If your kid messes up Fathers Day or Mothers Day and gave you your gift a day late or early...are you going to spank him? He made a legal mistake...but his heart was right on the money.

Who's with me?

Guest Zayit
Ron, we were with old Herbert for a while and you are correct it is what it seems like.

Now, I personally am trying to decide just what the Sabbath is?