Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

To the Christian, what the world calls death is but a sounding of the trumpets on the other side of the river to announce the coming home of God’s chosen children. What the world calls death is to us nothing but the angels coming to take us up into Abraham’s bosom. What some call death is nothing but the sailor coming home from the sea and the hunter from the hills. Robert Louis Stevenson wrote a little poem to be inscribed on his tomb, and it is there to this day:

Under the wide and starry sky,

Dig the grave and let me lie.

Glad did I live and gladly die

And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you gave for me;

Here he lies where he longed to be:

Home is the sailor, home from the sea,

And the hunter home from the hill.

That is death to the child of God: coming into port, the pilgrim’s coming home. If for me to live is Christ, to die is a gain [Philippians 1:21]. If for me to live is the world, to die is a loss. If for me to live is money, to die is a loss. If for me to live is sinful pleasure, to die is a loss. If for me to live is self, to die is a loss. But if for me to live is Christ, to die is a gain. Oh, blessed hope, precious comfort!

…..Pastor Criswell

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." Rev 20:26

Edited by Coliseum
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

What comes to mind now is "MercyMe Almost Home". Yes amen praise GOD GLORY TO JESUS.. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? We never tasted death. To think about that .. what Christ did for us.. crying.. AWESOME! 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Coliseum said:

To the Christian, what the world calls death is but a sounding of the trumpets on the other side of the river to announce the coming home of God’s chosen children. What the world calls death is to us nothing but the angels coming to take us up into Abraham’s bosom. What some call death is nothing but the sailor coming home from the sea and the hunter from the hills. Robert Louis Stevenson wrote a little poem to be inscribed on his tomb, and it is there to this day:

Under the wide and starry sky,

Dig the grave and let me lie.

Glad did I live and gladly die

And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you gave for me;

Here he lies where he longed to be:

Home is the sailor, home from the sea,

And the hunter home from the hil..Pastor Criswell

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." Rev 20:26

Yes ,we can call heaven home, in our dear heavenly  Father's  and Jesus's presence forever. Not servants or guests of heaven but citizens: " ....'you will be my sons and daughters ,' says the Lord Almighty." -2 Corinthians 6:18,  New Testament. No greater promise can even God make to anyone. Grab it dear youth and others reading from around the world, by simply believing in and trusting in Jesus Christ to save you.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.84
  • Days Won:  33

Wonderful topic. And we believers are all making our way Home to Jesus and each minute we are getting closer and closer to being in eternity with our Lord. Finally, Home with Him. Forever in His presence. What a glorious future we have, all thanks to our Lord Jesus.

• Praise God! 1