• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Dont know if someone tackled this but i find it alarming. 

It just makes me wonder.. 

1. Would it be sinful to just remain home on Sundays and watch them online or do home churches? 

2. For those still going to church should they be armed? Should there be armed security at churches so its parishioners aren't sitting ducks or is it a lack of faith?  ( as we all have a time to go whether it be at church or home and not letting God be sovereign or if it werent for those that were armed do you think more casualities would have happened?) 

3. Or do you think its negligent to be a c.c. in this day and time and just throwing caution to the wind?

I'd like to get a discussion going. Where do you stand? 

Link- https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2769428001

I'll answer your questions (with my opinion) in the same order you asked them. 

1. I don't think it's sinful to watch church online or be involved in home churches - I know many people who do this for various reasons, most can't physically go out to attend a church for health/age related reasons. I don't think we should allow fear to control us and keep us from attending a physical church if we're able to do so. 

2. I have no problem and am actually happy to know that several men in the church I attend are armed, it brings me a level of added security knowing that IF something happens, there are those present and prepared to protect others. I also trust that my heavenly Father has my days numbered and accounted for, and if it is my time (or my brothers and sisters time) to go then it's simply my time to go. I trust Him to author my story completely and however He deems it to end is how it is supposed to end. I know of several larger churches that pay to have off duty police officers present in their services, I think it's smart in today's world (though sad that we have to do this). 

3. I think by CC you mean conceal carry so I'll answer under that assumption. I personally have signed up to get my CCL, haven't found the time to take the exam just yet, but once I do I will carry a small pistol in my bag (not always but most of the time). I don't think its negligent to do so, I think it's smart. It's only negligent if negligent people are doing so. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Godismyloveforever said:

:runforhills: ??

Only bad people need to be afraid. You're not a bad people. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The Bible tells us not to forsake the fellowship, and not to be ashamed of Him. If your staying home out of fear of a gunman, then where exactly is your faith? I'm sorry but I'm not going to cower at home in front of a TV, if church at the end of a gun is where I am to die, then I can think of no better place.

As far as people carrying guns in church that is something each church needs to decide on. Having good guys with guns is certainly the best defense against bad guys with guns, but it's also a big responsibility, and something that should be considered with lots of prayer and discussion.

As for me I am a supporter of it, I carry everywhere-including church. You rarely will ever see me outside arms reach of a gun, except maybe at home.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

As for me I am a supporter of it, I carry everywhere-including church. You rarely will ever see me outside arms reach of a gun, except maybe at home.

As do I. 24-7, save showers.
My entire family holds CHL, and have/use a practice range.
Most churches I'm familiar with have many members that carry, some with some training.
Considering current events, I believe it is a responsible/warranted action.
We pray we never have to use them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, TheAimes said:

Only bad people need to be afraid. You're not a bad people. 

That’s a very irresponsible thing to say.

How many times in Scripture are people afraid and are told to “fear not”? Were those bad people?

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

That’s a very irresponsible thing to say.

How many times in Scripture are people afraid and are told to “fear not”? Were those bad people?

You should read that in context, sister. It was a joke with Godismyloveforever in regards to what he posted. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

13 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

Hello @Figure of eighty, I'm praying for those affected by yesterday's violence. You bring up an important issue for us to ponder and I'm guessing that my answers to your questions might strike some in an offensive way... so if I could, allow to me frame those answers in the following manner.

1. If it's a matter of eschewing gathering with our brothers and sisters because of the fear of what might/could happen during the time we spend with them, then I'd say this: that's not the best reason to avoid gathering with the saints of God. If these fears are associated with mental illness (or the place in question is known to be violent or perilous) then I'd say some extenuating circumstances are involved... but no, by no means would any of this constitute sin. It's not a sin to keep to yourself.

2. I'm "against" firearms but here's where a little knowledge goes a long way. I was trained how to use a wide variety of weaponry: some were sidearms (pistols) while others launched 20mm grenades or anti-tank rockets. I was the M-60 gunner for my section of the platoon; I also played around with the Browning M-2 .50 caliber machine gun during a training exercise. I was issued a few different versions of the M-16 rifle platform during my time as a solider in the U.S. Army so for 4 years of my life weapons were like articles of clothing for me.

I don't have need of weaponry now that I'm in the Lord's hand. :) 

3. Act according to your conscience, sister. I can only speak for myself and I would never presume to tell you what you or anyone else should do... that's for you and the Lord, not me! 

It occurs to me that I ought to answer a common accusation sent my way by those who are rankled by my opposition against violence and weaponry. I've heard this before: "So if someone pulls out a gun, DustyRoad, what are you gonna do? Pray?... run?"

My answer: yes to the first, no to the last. I won't run because for whatever the reason, I'm not fazed by the prospect of bullets flying. Whatever happens, happens: I trust in the Lord and not in this flesh! I learned the value of obeying God's Spirit when he raised me up from wrath and destruction a few years ago because I came out here to face a violent offender who was threatening the lady's life. 

How many times did I burst outdoors into the darkness and snow unarmed, carrying nothing but a flashlight? Did I ever use that beautiful police-issue Smith & Wesson .45 against him? No, not once. Hindsight informs me that God Himself spared my life even in my recklessness and disregard for my own safety. Yes, I decided that her life is much more valuable than my own...

I feel the same way about you, sister. I'd stand in the way if someone were pointing a gun at you. :) 

The very end made me teary eyed. Youre a very swedt person

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

11 hours ago, TheAimes said:

You should read that in context, sister. It was a joke with Godismyloveforever in regards to what he posted. 

My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.?