• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

i wouldn't dare be dogmatic about this, it's a long study and still debateable....but when I asked Him about it...i think i found good evidence for believing the "power of the age to come" is related to ...sheds some light on what might power the new perfect flesh when we get it.   I think it might be the glory of God instead of hemoglobin and plasma :)  Flesh and bone....with pure light flowing where blood once did

Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Ecclesiastes 12:2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

Ecclesiastes 12:3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
(The body starts to shake a bit, not standing as straight up and tall as we used to, eating becomes harder as teeth fall out, our eyesight starts to fade)

Ecclesiastes 12:4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
(we start to wake at the crack of dawn, our ears don't hear music as they used to)

Ecclesiastes 12:5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:(heights take on new meaning as the fear of really getting hurt in a fall become more real, our hair goes grey, our wish wants and desires become less, our friends start dying)

Ecclesiastes 12:6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern
(and one day it is our turn, our body gives up, its time has come to and end)

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
(and our flesh, the encasement of our spirit and soul goes back to the earth from which the flesh comes from and our Spiritual body becomes our new home, not like a flesh body as it has no decay, no aging, forever young, yes it eats,   Revelation 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.)  And of course we will still look like ourselves.)

Ecclesiastes 12:8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

Ecclesiastes 12:9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

Ecclesiastes 12:10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

Ecclesiastes 12:11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

Ecclesiastes 12:12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

23 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

What a blessing to read, @DeighAnn. I'm in agreement with you, sister. This is our hope in Jesus Christ, that we'll dwell in our Father's House forever. Praise the Lord that this flesh returns to the dust! We know the words of the Lord:

And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” (Revelation 21:5)

Yes, He makes all things new: a new heaven and a new earth where there's no need for the sun or the moon, nor night and day. Amen! :) 

A question just hit me as I was reading over this.  I noticed for the first time "city" and wondered if you had or had any other info.  Is it only the holy city that will have no need of the sun or moon or light?  Will the rest of the earth be lit by the holy city or will there still be sun and moon for the other side of the planet?  Strange how things are never seen till you read something someone else has written.  I can't tell you how many times I read this before and never saw it.  

Revelation 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Revelation 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

Revelation 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Revelation 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

DeighAnn i think there will be day and night in the New Earth....i do believe it's the City that is lit by the presence of God and the Lamb.  And I'm not sure the City will be fully in this dimension...though it will obviously be "ported" to it in some way.   Eden  restored kind of idea...where moving between the two was unfettered.

But, consider this...we're given the dimensions of the City..and it's HUGE....like 1500 miles long, wide and high.  If that were part of this realm entirely...it would cover Jerusalem, Turkey, Syria, Iraq, probably western parts of Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia.....lol  there would be no Israel...and most of the surrounding land would be unusable too :)

anyway...nothing I'd ever want to fuss over...fun to think about though :)  We'll know one day ..

Edited by Jostler
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,161
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this (type of flesh and blood) corruptible, must put on (this type of flesh and blood) incorruption. (key words "this flesh," i.e. this type)

Luk 24:39 “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies (Ro 8:11). Mortality (this or present physical body) putting on immortality (the final physical body).

Both physical but made of different material. Jesus is the only One presently in heaven with a physical body!

Edited by WordSword
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, OneLight said:

The first thing I pictured were those who will be beheaded for refusing to take the mark.  I really don't think we will be bearing any of the scars.

I get the "picture".

Speaking of beheading, could this be a clue to something, as in: What religions favorite method of execution was the guillotine in the dark ages. Today, what religions favorite method of execution is cutting off the head with a sword? What former barbaric central universal religion is making an ecumenical come back? Just a thought.

7 hours ago, WordSword said:

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this (type of flesh and blood) corruptible, must put on (this type of flesh and blood) incorruption. (key words "this flesh," i.e. this type)

Luk 24:39 “Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies (Ro 8:11). Mortality (this or present physical body) putting on immortality (the final physical body).

Both physical but made of different material. Jesus is the only One presently in heaven with a physical body!

Would you agree that a soul  can be mortal in a spiritual body?   Like all those who have died and their flesh has gone back to earth and their souls have gone back to God are in their spiritual bodies.  Like Lazarus with Abraham on one side and the rich man on the other side of the gulf in paradise or the fellow servant talking to John in Revelation, the dead aka the spiritually dead will only get their immortality when they aren't judged to the lake of fire or the second death.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,161
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

2 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

Would you agree that a soul  can be mortal in a spiritual body?   

Hi! Not sure what you mean by a mortal soul, but it's my understanding that a spirit and its soul are inseparable, though separate things, assuming the soul is the think-reasoning part of one's spirit (spirit and soul are eternal). Scripture never uses spirit and body (spiritual body not the same as spirit body) as one thing for a spirit has no body (Luk 24:39), but all spirits of humans will eventually have an eternal body (Jhn 5:29).

• Thumbs Up 1

Good Evening, mortal to me means -  liable to die.  Whether in this body  or the next have yet to receive eternal life. On the wrong side of the gulf.   Don't know if part of the first resurrection or not.

I see that yes, we do have a different understanding of one or two of the fundamentals.  Does that change anything right now?  Not that I can tell. 

For me I see it as
God created all souls.  All souls have spirits.  Some have good spirits, just naturally nice, happy, good to others, just a good spirit.   Some have mean spirits.  They don't like anyone, they don't care about anything but themselves, just mean spirited people.  So on this I think we are opposite.  No biggie.  
I believe when the seed of this body dies (our earthly flesh body)  we step out into our new body (our heavenly spiritual body)    I don't think our heavenly body it is without mass, I think of the angels that God brought with Him when going to destroy Sodom, how the towns people wanted them to come out. Must look just like man does.   Or the fallen angels able to create "Giants".  But as for bone, bone can break, therefore corruptible, as far as I understand. 

I believe to be absent from the body (flesh) is to be with the Lord (spiritual) 2 bodies.   The flesh body, like the seed must die for the plant to grow,  must die to receive the heavenly or incorruptible.  

Do I think there some spirits cruising around without bodies?  Would seem so.  

I think terms get confusing.  Every spirit God creates, and every soul possessed by any spirit, is "everlasting".  Mortality applies to anything that remains subject to death.  The choice in His economy is not between consciousness and obliteration.  It's a choice between everlasting LIFE, and everlasting DEATH.

Really searching out the two specific kinds of death and understanding precisely as the Bible portrays them, understanding which applies to spirit and which applies to flesh, and realizing that neither Biblical death involves unconsciousness or cessation of existence, resolves every one of these issues.