• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Re: Got questions.

They are a very good site and very fair in presenting their points which is why I condone them even though theybmay not agree with the viewpoint, they are honest enough to say so. 

Just now, DustyRoad said:

Sure thing brother but let me ask you a question: why do others routinely avoid answering mine? The smug copying and pasting and double-talk --- treating me as if I lack an intellect and reading comprehension skills --- isn't an answer, it's a put-down and a dismissal instead. I asked a member a specific question which they avoided answering... they copied and pasted something from a website instead.

Am I at fault because I didn't look up someone's stated beliefs online? Is it necessary to consult a website before I respond to missmuffet or anyone else here? I feel like a fool devoting all this time and energy to posting my own words! If I wish to reference a website in my babble I furnish a link to the site in the text of my post and I refrain from posting more than a paragraph from the source... because I know the kind of headaches "copying and pasting" can visit upon George. He's written about it previously in member-accessible areas. 

Throwing a website at your brother or sister in Christ isn't the answer, @dhchristian. Does "got questions" cover how to respond to your neighbor? Perhaps looking that up might be helpful? :rolleyes:

@DustyRoad

This is one of those divisive topics in the church, Like Calvinism and Arminianism. You have two sides strongly opposed in this debate. All I am saying is that at least "Got questions" is fair in that it allows the other side that they do not agree with to post their views. I My self am a Continuationist, which is the Opposite of a cessationist.  I Strongly disagree with cessationism. If you want to know where I stand the following article will show this to you.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22632&forum=34

Take the time to read the article because I think you are going through a lot of what is being spoken of in it. In Fact as I was reading this your life experiences popped into my head. 

God Bless

Right-o my man. I assume you have their app on your phone so you may refer to this  fantastic website whenever a "Christian" response is required. E-fellowship... sorry, gotta wait a second because it's taking time to load... :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

Sure thing! :thumbsup:

Actually, I do not own a smart phone. I am one of those people if you know what I mean my cell phone is just a phone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My life experiences popped into your head as if you know what I've been through, @dhchristian? Yes, I know... another round of "blame Dusty for everything" is in motion right now, a play to save face on the part of those members who can't resist going there but who otherwise don't wish to own the consequences of their actions. I'm sure this post will end the same way as the others each time someone on this forum pulls something like this on me...  so now it's you? Okay, so now its you.

If you understood what I wrote you wouldn't be throwing more of the same at me, whomever you are. You wouldn't be writing at me, we'd be communicating. I shared portions of my testimony here on the forum which proved to be a monumental mistake because clearly, there are those on this forum --- like you --- who can't resist sticking their nose in places where they don't belong. 

This is the same nonsense maryjayne pulled on me yesterday in another thread... some pompous member coming along to write into my life. Whatever you know, whomever you are, it was revealed by me. I don't know you at all. 

All I Know about you is what you have written here. I consider you a brother in Christ. That's all. I am not blaming you for anything. You and I have more in common than differentiates us, though your struggles are much worse than mine. 

Honestly I never read your testimony that I am aware of I Just Know a few things I have gleaned from reading your comments. All I am doing is trying to help you in your Spiritual walk as a brother In Christ who has those same struggles that you have but to a lesser extent. If this disturbs you I will refrain from commenting to you, just let me know.

You are a gifted Writer, and God has a great plan for your life, and I hope you know that I sincerely mean that. God Bless. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Here is the flipside of this debate: Not going to copy and paste as it is longer. Just the opening paragraph

https://www.gotquestions.org/continuationism.html

Please note, as a ministry, GotQuestions.org is not in agreement with continuationism. The article below is written by someone who holds to continuationism. We thought it would be worthwhile to have an article that positively presents continuationism, as it is always good for our viewpoints to be challenged, motivating us to further search the Scriptures to make sure our beliefs are biblically sound.

Question: "What is continuationism? What is a continuationist?"

I myself am a continuationist, But a limited one. Scripture is no more being written by inspiration, but the Word of Prophecy for edification continues on to this day. God Has his Prophets for every generation to guide them. For example I view A.W. Tozer a Prophet of this Laodicean church age. I do not see his words as scripture or worship him But His relevance to our modern day is unequalled, and is why I quote Him so often. 

I think it is fair to post a debate regarding continuationism. You are right it is a long article. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

12 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

You avoided answering my question, @missmuffet. You'll write it and put it out there --- you're a cessationist according to your own words here as well as elsewhere --- and I'm not surprised to find this taken to "you clearly misunderstand what I wrote" so swiftly. You deny that God's Spirit moves in the present day but when another member takes issue with your cessationsism, you upbraid them for misunderstanding your denial?

Doesn't make a lick of sense. You're a cessationist who doesn't deny that God's Spirit moves... so why do you identify as a cessationist? :huh:

Reading this post and its replies, i feel like it is moving somewhere else than God would like us to go.

Be carefull and test every spirit, test everything and keep what is good. Test with what? Test with scripture, given to us by God.

Not denying what Ahmed said was true. But nor immediately accepting that his visions came from God. On this forum, as brothers and sisters in Christ, i pray that we can do this test together, undivided.

If Ahmed’s dreams are in line with scripture, halleluya, let’s go deeper into understanding his visions. But if there are contradictions between Ahmed’s vision with the word of God... then we sadly have to make a choice what to believe and where the visions came from.

So, are Ahmed’s visions in line with scripture?

Edited by Wesley L
Added question

19 hours ago, ahmedcrow said:

I saw visions in my sleeping, and they told me that Evil one (the wicked one) knows and sees your visions and he expects too your next steps, he can read your future, he makes a lot of projections in everything I do or in any situation I enter, he makes projections of visions, of holy verses from any book, another kinds of projections, he changes the truth to me, trying to make me deny every truth comes from heaven, he wants me to follow fake teaching or to lead me in life.

I had problems getting this in line with scripture. It may be due to language, or just bad understanding from my side. Maybe Ahmed and others can enlighten me?

- evil one reading the future?

- evil one knows and sees your visions / your mind?

p.s. Satan can’t see the future. Otherwise he would not have tempted Judas to betray Jesus. He would not have cooperated in letting Jesus die on the cross. 

I could only find this scripture

Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)
1 Kings 8:39 KJV

Edited by Wesley L
Added scripture

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

6 hours ago, Wesley L said:

I had problems getting this in line with scripture. It may be due to language, or just bad understanding from my side. Maybe Ahmed and others can enlighten me?

- evil one reading the future?

- evil one knows and sees your visions / your mind?

p.s. Satan can’t see the future. Otherwise he would not have tempted Judas to betray Jesus. He would not have cooperated in letting Jesus die on the cross. 

I could only find this scripture

Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)
1 Kings 8:39 KJV

You asked one of most difficult questions to the mind, but I'll try to explain someway. Visions showed me what we call faces, I'll tell you simple part of it, a vision showed me a spiritual right half face inside my left head half, and this face has an eye, a mental eye, the vision said what to call this face appropriatly, we need a name, it's not a devil, so the word devil has no sense to be used here, the vision said through that mental eye you have, another person somewhere - didn't tell me who or where - sees the visions with you although the far distance between both of us. In the vision the Arabic word used in Gospel "Sherreer" used, I said in the vision that it's appropriatly for the eye becasue his eye is evil eye like Gospel said this term in another part, but the vision said the name "Sherreer" which mean in English the Evil one describes all the face and refer to that person, and I felt in the face and the description on my head in the vision.

The Arabic word "Sherreer" is in this verse "‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from [f]evil. [g][For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen." - (Matthew 6)

The same name "the Evil one" is used in the Arabic translation in many positions in the Gospel, sometimes I see instead of it "wicked one" in English Gospel. The vision said that this Arabic translation called "Van Dyke" is unique Arabic translation.

Now, through that mental eye, the evil one knows what I'm thinking in, what I see in my visions, even so shameful things like if I'm in bathroom or thinking in shameful things, the visions said that he makes many things and one of things is the projections in reality around me, so I find like my visions in reality but they're false, I see projections in Internet sites, in every day situations. I've so difficult to find a safe work, the visions said that evil one has servants every where around you and he communicate with 'em some way, and he makes world to be against you, so every time I found a work, I found more projections and problems that have no sense, there are a lot bad things Evil one is doing, for example, the false teaching of Gospel in Websites are coming from Evil one and his servants, they have agenda, they fight and watch anyone tries to have a gift or any abnormal good thing from Gospel, they keep their works to seem normal to world, they make everything normally. It's hard war.

Hi Ahmed,

The evil one and the wicked one are names given to satan, the devil. (see bible scripture below)
Sharir (شرير ) also means the evil / wicked one = the devil / satan.

Matthew 6:9-13 (NKJV)
Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

1 John 5:19 (NKJV)
We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

2 hours ago, ahmedcrow said:

Now, through that mental eye, the evil one knows what I'm thinking in, what I see in my visions, even so shameful things like if I'm in bathroom or thinking in shameful things, the visions said that he makes many things and one of things is the projections in reality around me, so I find like my visions in reality but they're false, I see projections in Internet sites, in every day situations. I've so difficult to find a safe work, the visions said that evil one has servants every where around you and he communicate with 'em some way, and he makes world to be against you, so every time I found a work, I found more projections and problems that have no sense, there are a lot bad things Evil one is doing, for example, the false teaching of Gospel in Websites are coming from Evil one and his servants, they have agenda, they fight and watch anyone tries to have a gift or any abnormal good thing from Gospel, they keep their works to seem normal to world, they make everything normally. It's hard war.

Then this part you are talking about "projections" you see in real life, but you know that they are not real. Reading about these projections worries me. Does is bother your daily life? Do you have peace in your heart? Hope you have other christian brothers around you in real life.

It is a hard war for sure. And it is a spiritual war. But if you trust in Jesus Christ, you are on the winning team. Below some scriptures that I wanted to share with you. May God bless you!

Matthew 5:29
"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Watching the evil and the good. (God is watching, everywhere and always)

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

1 John 4:4
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you (the Holy Spirit) is greater than he who is in the world (the evil one)

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

1 Peter 5:8-9 
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I can't describe how much it's hard that projections. Anyway, you chose many wonderful verses from Gospel.