IGNORED

What Law?

Light Bearer

1 minute ago, dhchristian said:

I Do not Know, I just saw at his intro post, people said what a "cool name" etc. I just wonder if they know who has this name. I do not know if the poster is aware of this or not? He may want to change is name due to the negative connotation? 

Good call.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,258
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

28 minutes ago, Thess said:

Yes, but is there evil intent?

No, there is no evil intent as far as I can see. This person just wants to bear the light, the truth of God out to others. However I`m sure he will get back to us when he is able.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Light Bearer said:

You are correct Thess. However I am tired it has been a long day. So I am not getting into anything tonight. I will say  I am interested everyone's input though. I love to see the Body work together. More gets accomplished that way to God's glory. 

Okay my friend, so I have found that in by limiting this discussion to only the book of Matthew, it's a bit more challenging that I had initially thought. I am studying the Law, but have not isolated a specific teaching to Matthew alone, as of yet. But give me time! Wink

Ok, so give us the answer to the riddle. Looking forward to it!

Edited by Thess

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1966

I  wondered why the software programmers did that to the BDB Hebrew Lexicon. It is the same way in the free "theword" bible program and "esword". The actual entry in the book looks nothing like that. For one "light bearer" is nowhere mentioned. I have the book. I wish I could display the entry here so everyone could see it. Nonetheless there are other entries in that link that are more fitting in my view. I tried to copy the entries to post them here but to no avail.

As was mentioned above I do have free Bible help programs on my computer though, that have BDB, Strong's BDAG, Thayer.... to name a few on it, that enable me to share the entries.

Here is Mickelson's enhanced Strong's entry. I will post it here since I see it as the most informative of what I have available to copy and paste.

H1966 הֵילֵל heylel (hay-lale') n-m.
1. something or someone of radiant splendor.
2. (epithet of praise) Radiantly Splendid One.
3. (epithet of rebuke) Boastful One of Radiant Splendor (i.e. as spoken only by Yahweh to the King of Babylon).
4. (in Septuagint, of rebuke) Ἑωσ•φόρος , HeosPhoros, as a placeholder for this Hebrew word, meaning, one carrying it as far as (one can), or carrying it too far (as boastful).
5. (also, astronomically) Ἑωσ•φόρος , HeosPhoros, in a culturally oblique reference to Venus, which can carry its radiance only so far (at dawn and at twilight).
6. (hence, inappropriately reused of time) ἑωσ•φόρος , HeosPhoros, an alternate Septuagint reference to twilight or dawn as the “morning star” (thus causing misconceptions in later translations deriving from the Septuagint, i.e. Latin Vulgate, etc).
7. (positively, in Greek) this Hebrew word could also have been translated as λαμπροσ•φόρος , LamprosPhoros in a positive sense, Bearer of Radiance.
8. (in Latin, mistaken from Greek) φωσ•φόρος , Light Bearer, due to culturally oblique reference to Venus (i.e. as a deity or as an angelic morning-star created to proclaim and celebrate God's glory).
9. (reversal, transliteration from late Latin) LuciFer, as the (fallen) arch-angel.
10. (Note) (Jesus, the Creator, has reclaimed and consolidated any such prior angelic post of Light Bearer in himself).

8 hours ago, dhchristian said:

As to how I came to pick light bearer as a screen name

It having been made plain that you are Christ's letter, served by us, not having been inscribed by ink, but by the Spirit of the living God, not in tablets of stone, but in fleshly tablets of the heart. And we have such confidence through Christ toward God; Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: How shall not the ministration (through us the able ministers) of the spirit be rather glorious? For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(2Co 3:3-9; Eph 5:8; Php 2:15;Mat 5:16)

Edited by Light Bearer
capitalization

8 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

No, there is no evil intent as far as I can see. This person just wants to bear the light, the truth of God out to others. However I`m sure he will get back to us when he is able.

Yes Ms. Marilyn I would loved to be used in such a way. But even more so as was said to our friend Thess. It is much better if we are are all used in this manner together as a body, in the Body of Christ the Temple of God. 

6 hours ago, Thess said:

Okay my friend, so I have found that in by limiting this discussion to only the book of Matthew, it's a bit more challenging that I had initially thought. I am studying the Law, but have not isolated a specific teaching to Matthew alone, as of yet. But give me time! Wink

Ok, so give us the answer to the riddle. Looking forward to it!

Hey there Thess!

Riddle? Nah. However if you don't mind I would like wait a little bit to see if anyone else is inclined for further input.

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

i do not preach this as truth, but i have heard it preached concerning verse 18... and i think its worth considering and praying about. in verse 18 when it speaks of heaven and earth... that might be a reference to the temple as the temples nickname was heaven and earth. 

Hi Cletus!

That is Interesting. I never heard that though; can you cite a source?

Edited by Light Bearer
misspelling

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

15 hours ago, Light Bearer said:

Good afternoon everyone. What, if the Gospel of Matthew was all we had.

But it isn't all we have. Matthew had the entirety  of what we now call the Old Testament, the Bible Jesus read, as did Matthew's audience. 

Matthew opens with" the book of the generations of Jesus Christ" a reference to Genesis 5:1 "The Book of the generation of Adam".

Matthew's audience knew what he was referencing. Matthew's gospel cannot be isolated. It cannot hang itself upon thin air. It is steeped in the knowledge of the Old Testament as was his audience.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

But it isn't all we have. Matthew had the entirety  of what we now call the old testament, as did his audience. 

Matthew opens with" the book of the generations of Jesus Christ" a reference to Genesis 5:1 The Book of the generation of Adam.

Matthews audience knew wha he was referencing. Matthew cannot be isolated, it cannot hang itself upon thin air. It is steeped in the knowledge of the OldTtestament as was his audience.

The point of the op is to confine the answer to the context that Jesus is speaking. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,734
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 2/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, Light Bearer said:

The point of the op is to confine the answer to the context that Jesus is speaking. 

And Jesus is found from Genesis to Revelation. He speaks not in ignorance of the Bible He read, studied, and quoted, the only reference he spoke of to man.

ps- To find the context one needs to read the Old Testament not eliminate it.

• This is Worthy 1