What a rough couple of days...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'm single, and a couple of days ago I met this realy cool single mom named Beth. We instantly hit it off and were really having so much fun being together.

I was pretty happy because I thought I found a new friend and hopefully something more than that down the road.

On Monday night around 11 pm Beth called me and asked me where I had been all night and that she had missed me.

I told her that each Monday evening I go to Bible Study. She laughed and said, no seriously where were you. I told her that I was being serious and that I wouldnt lie about something like that.

After some very uncomfortable silence she said I cant believe you! Please tell me this is a joke and that your just pulling my leg.

I was so sad because I knew that this was going to be the last time I would ever speak to this person I had absolutely fallen for.

She told me she couldnt believe that someone with my background and education could ever be into something like that.

She said well whatever and hung up on me.

I spent all day today missing her.

Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

I understand how you feel Joe. Don't let it get you down though. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't respect your beliefs? I know you probably don't want to hear the old 'plenty of fish in the sea' line, but it really is true. In time your feelings will change about Beth and you'll meet someone you can share your beliefs with. It may be right around the corner, you never know. Trust in God's plan.

Your Friend,

Prime#

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52

Yes, PLEASE, trust what Prime Number just said.  Ask God to give you comfort and peace.

Guest EPHRIAM777
She said well whatever and hung up on me.

I spent all day today missing her.

Joe

Eph writes...

WOW JOE...your SOOO lucky to be rid of her...IF I were you I'd go treat myself to a steak dinner at the best restaurant you can find..Spare NO expense...Buy a new suit too while your at it..!

Whew..I'll tell ya..it's like you just jumped out of the way from a runaway train..So be happy your still in one piece...!

THANK God above for that delivery..and ask him to guard over you like that in the future..!

He's always there when we need him most...!

Take my advice..Don't answer the phone if she calls back..!

:thumb:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Joe, I'll pray for Beth, that her heart will be softeded and molded so that she can receive the Savior into her heart. It may very well be that you are not the laborer sent to her, but I will ask that one be sent. And I also agree with the others. Don't be led astray by the flesh.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Traveller had great advice, and I  don't think I could add to it.  I'll be praying for you too.  I've been there just hang in there and keep the Faith!

May God Bless,

Jaeson

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8

Joe:

I have a friend that ended up marrying a lady just like your Beth.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  16

I don't know if this scripture will help or not I just stumbled upon it today while reading my Bible.  Take a look at 2 Corinthians Chapter 6 Verse 14-18  It is about being involved with unbelievers.  Just trust in God, I ran into many Mrs. Wrongs in my life before finding a Christian girl.

God Bless,

Jaeson

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  88

Thanks Prime and everyone else.

I feel a little better today. I know that all of your advice is well intentioned and from the heart and I thank each and everyone of you.

I still miss her but I believe in my heart that we were not meant to be now and I would hate to have been torn from my love for God and the Lord.

I said some angry words to God that night and I hope He forgives me. I was just so overwhelmed and felt so alone and I blamed Him for losing her. I hope that he knows that I really didnt mean to act like that towards Him.

The tear rolling down my face right now is because I feel bad for being so angry with Him. I will not shed anymore tears for her at this point.

Thanks again, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Joed God will forgive you the same way I would forgive my child for being angry with me. God has someone for you and whoever she is will be exactly the right person.

I can tell you that my hubby and I are total opposites. God had a sense of humor when he put us together. :) Just keep serving him and he will give you the desires of your heart. (place the right desires in there)