IGNORED

Does Christian really views other religion lead as Satan?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

Wikey thank you for that link.  I think there is a lot there worth thinking through and praying about. 

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/buddhism/

We should be able to respect other people, even if we disagree with their religion and theology.  Acts 17 and Paul's example at the Aeropagus are an informative example of good Christian witness as well.  We would be wise to do a lot more explaining about who Jesus is than attacking other's beliefs head on.

Especially when Asian culture understands that when someone attacks, they have already lost face....respect is lost....and ears can no longer hear what the attacker has to say.  Communication becomes impossible from that point, and it is the attacker that shut communication down.   Respect the person as someone Jesus loved enough to die for, and gently explain the hope that lives in you...and let Him do the changing of the heart....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, appy said:

ok, um... im now guessing english isn't your first language.

indeed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

Probably the better way to say what you've been trying to say here is … you are asking people to take the other person's “feelings about their own religion” into consideration when speaking to them about Christ. 

>>Probably the better way to say what you've been trying to say here is … you are asking people to take the other person's “feelings about their own religion” >>into consideration when speaking to them about Christ. 

Dont you think that is Emotional Intelligence in human language ? Mine is still quite bad 

Edited by wikey321

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,407
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 hour ago, wikey321 said:

Already mentioned above --> What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

Hello! Typically when evangelizing and debating  about other religions there's some level of attempting to build common ground instead of jumping straight to "You're following a false religion that's taking you to Hell.". These days it's standard practice to just speak of our beliefs and move on to the next person or group. There's no force involved. One could make the case that simply speaking of one's beliefs and moving on DOES respect the religion and rights of others. The other person is free to agree or disagree.

But also, consider this. One of the key teachings of Buddhism is right speech, which I understand to be a combination of being truthful and being gentle with our words. In Christianity we have commandments which fill a similar role: "Thou shalt not bear false witness" (Don't tell lies) and "Love your neighbor (meaning other people) as you love yourself". Combine this with the Christian teachings that Jesus is the only way to salvation and that we have only one life to choose Heaven or Hell. If we as Christians try to deny or change those elements of our faith to suit others then we would be in violation of both our commandment to be truthful and our commandment to love others. It would be disrespectful to both Jesus, the central figure of our religion, and to the person we're speaking to. The love and compassion we ought to feel for others means we need to at least try to gently correct others who are on ANY self destructive path. In ideal circumstances the need to be truthful is combined with wisdom that enables us to know the right time and the right approach to use when we need to present elements of our faith that could ruffle feathers. Humans aren't perfect, though, so we don't always hit the mark.

Hope this helps!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Hello! Typically when evangelizing and debating  about other religions there's some level of attempting to build common ground instead of jumping straight to "You're following a false religion that's taking you to Hell.". These days it's standard practice to just speak of our beliefs and move on to the next person or group. There's no force involved. One could make the case that simply speaking of one's beliefs and moving on DOES respect the religion and rights of others. The other person is free to agree or disagree.

But also, consider this. One of the key teachings of Buddhism is right speech, which I understand to be a combination of being truthful and being gentle with our words. In Christianity we have commandments which fill a similar role: "Thou shalt not bear false witness" (Don't tell lies) and "Love your neighbor (meaning other people) as you love yourself". Combine this with the Christian teachings that Jesus is the only way to salvation and that we have only one life to choose Heaven or Hell. If we as Christians try to deny or change those elements of our faith to suit others then we would be in violation of both our commandment to be truthful and our commandment to love others. It would be disrespectful to both Jesus, the central figure of our religion, and to the person we're speaking to. The love and compassion we ought to feel for others means we need to at least try to gently correct others who are on ANY self destructive path. In ideal circumstances the need to be truthful is combined with wisdom that enables us to know the right time and the right approach to use when we need to present elements of our faith that could ruffle feathers. Humans aren't perfect, though, so we don't always hit the mark.

Hope this helps!

Check out the video above. I think i have enough said. Sayorana Guys! Thank you for the fruitful info and guideline to me what to do next!

On 3/2/2020 at 11:50 PM, wikey321 said:

i felt so discriminated and insulted !  

4 hours ago, wikey321 said:

Already mentioned above --> What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

3 hours ago, appy said:

Probably the better way to say what you've been trying to say here is … you are asking people to take the other person's “feelings about their own religion” into consideration when speaking to them about Christ. 

3 hours ago, wikey321 said:

>>Probably the better way to say what you've been trying to say here is … you are asking people to take the other person's “feelings about their own religion” >>into consideration when speaking to them about Christ. 

Dont you think that is Emotional Intelligence in human language ? Mine is still quite bad 

The original poster is NOT asking about Buddhism.  But asking Christians to change their approach when sharing Christ with people that believe in Buddhism.   Some people immediately start with how bad and evil the religion is and what the original poster is trying to get across, is that when we Christians start out with... "X" is evil, it is an instant insult to and a turn off to the person we are trying to evangelize.  In other words, your rubbing salt into a wound before the person even hears the gospel from you. 

He's asking folks to educate themselves on what Buddhist believe so you can ask them questions that will lead them to the gospel. I think the story of the woman at the well in John 4 will help with what is being asked and said by the opster.

Notice in the story, Jesus doesn't start with the woman's sin or tell her what a bad person she is. He asks her for a drink of water as the conversation progresses, he tells her who he is and what he has to offer her, his purpose in talking about a husband, was NOT to expose her sin, but as a sign to her, that Jesus was indeed the messiah.

In summary, find a way to share the gospel without making comparisons. Show them what you have to offer instead. They will get all on their own, that Christianity is not the same. The old saying... you can draw more flies with honey, than with vinegar applies here. Be sensitive to their feeling's and be tactful in how you share Christ with them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

The women at the well is a very good teaching about approach without condemnation but genuine caring. Jesus though had an advantage over us in that He knew the women and her life before he asked for a drink. for us we need to learn about the person we approach. Jesus was clever and mysterious that sparked her interest to ask questions. 

Today it is more difficult since we are in a Gospel saturated society. In many cases they have already rejected Christ. They know when we are leading up to something. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would convict the world of sin. We must never be ashamed and let the Holy Spiritguide us. When we sense their attitude we may have to shake the dust from our feet. A solit wall will never hear nor listen. Live your best to live your life with sincerity and intrgrity. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

2 hours ago, appy said:

The original poster is NOT asking about Buddhism.  But asking Christians to change their approach when sharing Christ with people that believe in Buddhism.   Some people immediately start with how bad and evil the religion is and what the original poster is trying to get across, is that when we Christians start out with... "X" is evil, it is an instant insult to and a turn off to the person we are trying to evangelize.  In other words, your rubbing salt into a wound before the person even hears the gospel from you. 

He's asking folks to educate themselves on what Buddhist believe so you can ask them questions that will lead them to the gospel. I think the story of the woman at the well in John 4 will help with what is being asked and said by the opster.

Notice in the story, Jesus doesn't start with the woman's sin or tell her what a bad person she is. He asks her for a drink of water as the conversation progresses, he tells her who he is and what he has to offer her, his purpose in talking about a husband, was NOT to expose her sin, but as a sign to her, that Jesus was indeed the messiah.

In summary, find a way to share the gospel without making comparisons. Show them what you have to offer instead. They will get all on their own, that Christianity is not the same. The old saying... you can draw more flies with honey, than with vinegar applies here. Be sensitive to their feeling's and be tactful in how you share Christ with them.

That is what I was trying to show in my comments here, Thanks. You have to get to the root of the error in the religion eventually, and that can be shown by contrasting the two world views. Then there will be a clear choice to be made. It is never about calling a religion evil, as all religions are built around that void left in the heart when sin separated man from God. Each religion has their prescribed means to reach God, we must when preaching to different religions show them why the way of Christ is the right way, and the other ways will never lead them to God.

• Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Today it is more difficult since we are in a Gospel saturated society.

2 hours ago, dhchristian said:

You have to get to the root of the error in the religion eventually

I agree with you both, however we are not always speaking to someone in the u.s during an online conversation. We may be talking to someone on the other side of the world, where Christianity is in the minority or almost unheard of.   And where english isn't commonly spoken.  And I think this is part of what the opster is also trying to point out as well.