IGNORED

Does Christian really views other religion lead as Satan?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, wikey321 said:

Exactly.

Being a vegan or refuse to take cow meat -> wrongful. Watch this then you will understand. Cow also has their own family and deserve a family life.

Meditate or Yoga -> wrongful

Watch video slight related to other religion such as Dragon Ball-> wrongful 

Acupuncture -> wrongful because the founder (not sure exactly) seems related to Taoism 

See a non Christian Doctor -> wrongful because the doctor accidentally tell a story of a monk. 

Watch Other religion performing ritual publish on FB -> wrongful 

Yes, Christians are instructed to be in the world but not of the world.

Rom 12:1-2
(1)  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/3/2020 at 8:50 AM, wikey321 said:

Dear all,

I was a ex-Buddhist practitioner for 7 years. I was invited to a Church to learn and study the way of life of Christian.

This is the 2nd time i am trying to visit Church and find a rightfulness and peacefulness ways of life.

Well, the same things does happened again when i was approached the fellow Christian and asked about my background which is Buddhist. They are so against towards the other religion and even claiming the statue or any form picture exists in my temple are form of Satan. i felt so discriminated and insulted !

Below is one the example.

"Every golden Buddha in your city is a statue to Satan, as well as every Hindu idol"

"We must take up the spiritual weapons of our warfare, and we must carry the good news of Christ’s victory over Satan to a perishing world.  "

https://erlc.com/resource-library/articles/4-ways-christians-can-respond-to-a-satanic-statue 

I strongly believe the way of approaching non Christian in this way would create strong anger and violence to each other among the   human race fellowship. Does Jesus really wants us to create fierce, anger and even a war to fight for him? I personally don't think so, that's why i come to Church to 2nd time to find out.  

"The destruction of idols and images as icons of veneration is called iconoclasm,[10] and this has long been accompanied with violence between religious groups that forbid idol worship and those who have accepted icons, images and idols for worship" 

Reference: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolatry

I have come across an article from the fellowship of "Christian" official web site on how to handle a Buddhist visits to Church. Let me know your thought especially you still think other religions is a Satan?

"Some have long ministered in the Buddhist world. When they share methods that have proved fruitful, and others that have flopped, we should listen. The following common sense suggestions can be adapted according to context."

• This is spiritual warfare, so start with prayer! The Holy Spirit has long tilled the soil in Buddhist hearts, and will continue to do so.

• The demonic is often in play. Do not tread flippantly onto the battlefield.

• Be pre-emptive (1 Peter 3:15). Research Buddhism. Truly understanding a Buddhist’s faith is key and shows respect. Familiarity with things like The Four Noble Truths, The Eightfold Path, and The Middle Way is imperative. If you get pressed into a discussion, do not be afraid to ask questions about what the Buddhist believes so that you can properly discuss the issues.

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/buddhism/

I Pray to God to respect others,

Wikey

Post information note:
I gotta to write some important key note here because many not clicking the link above for brief info about Buddhism.

1. Original Buddhism teaching not required to worship to Buddha because he is just a human that achieved enlightenment. Many monks that providing Buddhism classes will also not recommend worship but rather understand the Sutra (Buddhism version of Bible) meaning word by word and practice it daily.

2. Enlightenment or the awaken is free of suffering and believed to able to manage completely of our brain unconscious and conscious thinking. Normally our mistake comes from unconscious action that create the suffering like argument in this topic :) . This is goal of Buddhism and afterlife will be Nirvana, a place free from suffering. To provide more scientific supportive info, "I" personally believe those awaken has ability to control the 3rd eye or so call Pinael Gland, a part of our brain that manage the dream. "I" believe those awaken able to be conscious and control what they want in the dream which technically they are in Nirvana without any side effect. So they can meditate for a very long time and having conscious dream. Technically, Buddha should have "awaken" , mastered it in the dream of Nirvana and free from suffering.
Buddha core strength eventually is meditation and not worship. In ancient time, many might not even have a food to eat, being very skinny and Prince Siddhartha(Buddha) had born before Christ. What's wrong them to meditate, hibernate and have a good dream?

After centuries, human has revised the original teaching where born of many other worshiping other Buddhism statues like Bodhisattva, Guan Yin or known as Avalokiteśvara. Buddhism views Jesus as Bodhisattva if you read the link(answeringenesis)  i've provided above. 

Below explain a bit more on Nirvana experienced by Buddha. Whether original Buddhism teaching is a science or a religion?
https://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-meditate-for-lucid-dreaming.html

3. Before i picked up the Buddhism study in depth past 7 years, my senior Buddhist actually recommends me to Church instead of Buddhism base on my personality and character after a long chat. They explained and provide comparison as what i shared on the link above. The reason i didn't choose to be a Christian because of the topic title above in the past. I felt so offended and sound a bit terrorism just like "if not same religion then is enemy?" I would still believe it's the people mindset issue and not actually the religion issue.

My current Buddhism teacher also implicitly taught that i am allowed to choose other religion so long follow a righteous teacher and right religion.

The more i study Buddhism, i found it's just a book of Science and psychology . Of course, my goal is not Nirvana because it's extremely hard and so far only a person achieved it namely Buddha. In Buddhism, we also have heaven afterlife for those fail to achieve enlightenment which is very similar to Christian.

What the message i would like to bring here is not to prove or promote Buddhism is the BEST religion but is pray to God to respect others religion. It's would be easier to influence other to accept Christ if you know well and understand the so call "Satan" or opponent strength and weakness. Let me know if i am wrong!

https://answersingenesis.org/world-religions/buddhism/

The fruits each christian should carry. One more mature than the other. Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Although in Buddhism you don't worship any god. It teaches that men can find the ultimate goal all by himself without the help of God. That is a slap in the face towards our Creator.
To respect a Buddhist and his/her choice to stay a Buddhist, certainly. Each christian should respect that. We should be with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

But on the other hand, there is only 1 truth. All religion claims exclusivity. Buddhism and Christianity can't be both truth, because both teachings contradicts fundamentally.
The truth is, we are all sinners. God is Holy. Wages of sin is death. There is only 1 way around it, Jesus Christ.
It is hard for a Christian not tell someone you love about the good news of Jesus Christ, the salvation and eternal life. Because the bad news is that hell exists. Without salvation, all are headed towards hell. How can we pray to God to respects others going to hell? We pray to God that others see the truth as He has revealed to us through His words, through Jesus Christ.

Kindness is not hoping you to like me because of what I have said.
Kindness is warning you not to go the wrong way, because of the consequences it carries.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/18/2020 at 1:49 AM, Michael37 said:

It also seems that you don't understand what sets Christianity apart from all other worldviews and beliefs.

Its the idea of sin and redemption that sets Christianity apart from "religion".

Also, Religion, or man's self made effort to either become Deity or try to reach a Deity, is only related to self effort., whereas Christianity is the offer of God's righteousness in place of our sin BECAUSE Jesus has paid for our sin on the Cross. And inside this God given Gift of Salvation, is our re-union found with God, thru our faith in Christ.

Where Islam is manifestly different then Christianity, is regarding the fact that the "god" of Islam, "allah, requires you to give your son's to him, whereas The Father of Christ  offered His only begotten Son to YOU,  as THE WAY to be restored back into God's Spiritual family

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Wesley L said:

To respect a Buddhist and his/her choice to stay a Buddhist, certainly

I think most of us can agree with this statement.  From the opster's  responses after the first post I have the impression that this wasn't the entire message he was trying to convey.  Respect his wish to remain a Buddhist is one thing.  But that isn't all he was talking about.  Later posts with links lend to the impression, of Christians should think very highly of Buddhism  and convert to it or at the least, merge the two beliefs.

As I said earlier in the thread, we can certainly be respectful and tactful in our conversations with those who believe in Buddhism, but to convert to it... is a NO can do.  The links to me after awhile of dialoging with him appear to be a sneaky way to preach what the group believes.  The links are more than just giving us a brief outline in order to reach them.  I must say, I really don't need to know ALL about their belief system in order to share the gospel with them.  The links talked about more than I ever wanted to know.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I personally do not impose everything on anyone, but it is true other religions are demonic, because they eliminate Jesus Christ as the centre. We can only be saved y him and through him, there is no other way. We should respect other peoples belief and love other people, but we should also preach the truth.