ReneeIW

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

1.This may sound trivial, but it has been on my heart in the past 24 hours that we pray against a Cyber Attack. With our country (America)vulnerable right now and lots of people working from home, a Cyber Attack could cause great harm, especially if targeted at hospitals. Members of my family that work in Information Technology have been told their main focus needs to shift to security. So, maybe add this topic to your prayer list if you feel led to.

2.There’s talk that what is happening in New York could spread to the rest of the country. I hope that is not the case, but just in case it does and you become sick , please know the best hospital in your area.

I know that doctors are being hailed as heroes right now, as they should be, but not all hospitals are created the same. I know this from personal experience and from family members working in the field now. So maybe just glance at Google reviews of the hospitals in your area and do a bit of research. Because loved ones can’t be by a sick person’s side, I would personally hate to end up at a hospital not up to par with no one to make sure I’m being treated appropriately.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,530
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  253
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Nothing about this situation is trivial and I am praying with you  Here in the UK we don't have a choice in hospitals we go where we are taken or even if we chose to go to one hospital can and often are moved to a different one that is deemed more suitable for our needs   :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  16

Renee i do believe He is revealing things to anyone who is seeking Him and asking.  I will join you in prayer specifically about cyber warfare.  There is much afoot these days.....and prayer can mitigate or avert a lot of it.

I don't mean to be gloomy, but the numbers I've been looking at indicate to me that NY's experience is coming to the majority of the rest of the country, and it won't take long.  The things that could have prevented it were not done.  And it's too late to do them now.  We need to be praying for mercy in the midst of judgement...desperately, and making certain our own are held under an umbrella of constant, vigilant prayer and faith in His promises.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

There are no or very few hospital beds available. ER's are putting up triage tents so people do not have to be crowded in an ER room. 

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

Renee i do believe He is revealing things to anyone who is seeking Him and asking.  I will join you in prayer specifically about cyber warfare.  There is much afoot these days.....and prayer can mitigate or avert a lot of it.

I don't mean to be gloomy, but the numbers I've been looking at indicate to me that NY's experience is coming to the majority of the rest of the country, and it won't take long.  The things that could have prevented it were not done.  And it's too late to do them now.  We need to be praying for mercy in the midst of judgement...desperately, and making certain our own are held under an umbrella of constant, vigilant prayer and faith in His promises.

You’re not being gloomy. I’m sure everyone on here appreciates your wisdom and insight. Have you seen any numbers or info about younger people getting the virus in the US?

I heard something a couple of days ago about the U.S. wondering if it made a mistake by assuming the virus was only affecting older people. They were going off of data from China and Italy. I know they said vaping and drug use could be playing a role in younger people being more susceptible over here.

if true, that the young can get it and have complications, then that’s very concerning since they were not heeding the  warnings like everyone else-and the warnings were late anyway.

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There are no or very few hospital beds available. ER's are putting up triage tents so people do not have to be crowded in an ER room. 

I’m sure all hospitals will be overwhelmed with stressed out staff. But I would rather be at an overwhelmed hospital with talented and ethical doctors than at one with incompetent and unethical doctors. Been there done that and sometimes it can be a life or death situation.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, ReneeIW said:

I’m sure all hospitals will be overwhelmed with stressed out staff. But I would rather be at an overwhelmed hospital with talented and ethical doctors than at one with incompetent and unethical doctors. Been there done that and sometimes it can be a life or death situation.

Where I live there is a hospital I would not take my dog to and one I would go to. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  16

29 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

You’re not being gloomy. I’m sure everyone on here appreciates your wisdom and insight. Have you seen any numbers or info about younger people getting the virus in the US?

I heard something a couple of days ago about the U.S. wondering if it made a mistake by assuming the virus was only affecting older people. They were going off of data from China and Italy. I know they said vaping and drug use could be playing a role in younger people being more susceptible over here.

if true, that the young can get it and have complications, then that’s very concerning since they were not heeding the  warnings like everyone else-and the warnings were late anyway.

I haven't seen numbers yet, but I have seen some pretty disturbing evidence that more young people are beginning to suffer life threatening symptoms than China's data suggested.  As this progresses through different nations, cultures and demographics things seem to be changing.

There is some fairly alarming evidence coming to light, but it is also still based on small sample sizes and needs more info to flesh it out and understand what we're really looking at.  Is it a statistical anomaly because early indicators are coming from sample sizes that are just too small to carry much statistical reliability?  Perhaps.  There is still a lot we don't know, age and co-morbidities like heart disease, diabetes and lung impairment (smoking, asthma) pretty clearly played a role in how many died in China.

I knew something changed when the statistics began to mount coming out of Italy and Iran.  I wondered if the virus had mutated to a more virulent form because both of those outbreaks were reporting numbers wildly different than the ones I'd been following for China.  Something is different...and now Italy's  strain has been exported to many other places, and Iran's strain is a dominant one in the Middle East.  Why the numbers are so different is still unknown.  I was hoping to hear someone would re-sequence the genome to check for a mutation, but it's been two weeks now and so far I haven't been able to find any evidence that has been done.

Whether the difference is cultural, or this thing attacks different genotypes at different rates is a question.  As this unfolds in the US we may also find some differences because a full 1/3 of our nation is obese or morbidly obese.  And obesity is a significant co-morbidity that contributes to deaths from this virus.  On top of that we are the most drugged nation in the world.  We have a medical system that is intentionally designed to treat symptoms for profit, not promote health or cures.  We (the US) are the most drugged up population in the world, and God knows what all those chemicals and their harmful side effects have done to the average immune system here.  I'm concerned ...time will tell.