• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,847
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  226
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

This is NOT flu and you can also get it by rubbing your eyes after touching something that has the virus on it  so unless it is FULL face it doesn't actually protect but can give a false sense of security . Do I know what the answer is ? NO  only GOD knows why some recover even when they are in the highest category  ( including a few that are over 100 years of age  ) and others who you would think would recover do not :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, ladypeartree said:

This is NOT flu and you can also get it by rubbing your eyes after touching something that has the virus on it  so unless it is FULL face it doesn't actually protect but can give a false sense of security . Do I know what the answer is ? NO  only GOD knows why some recover even when they are in the highest category  ( including a few that are over 100 years of age  ) and others who you would think would recover do not :th_praying:

and yet masks, when worn by a large enough percentage of people when out in public are proven to have significant effects in reducing transmission.  If you like I can find the study from 2014 i read as well which drew the exact same conclusion.

it's kindof a moot point until masks are available in those numbers since they chose not to stockpile them or implement crash production programs, but it is what it is.  Since they lied to the public to try to hide their own responsibility for these severe PPE shortages by telling the public masks are unnescessary, they'll lose still more time correcting the lies and re-educating people on the value of wearing masks

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Jostler said:

Any mask is better than none.  And if everyone is wearing them it WILL slow this thing down.  The fact our governments are telling us masks are not effective is criminal, and based on the fact they did not do their job ...at all....and don't want you to know that. 

No, that is false.  Any mask that does not meet the standard for its intended use is useless.  Even though one has the correct mask and they are not wearing it correctly, then it defeat the purpose.  In my job, we had people from the health and saefty come in and train us on how to put on the mask correctly, as any leakage would cause to breathe in dust ect.

I agree though, the mighty USA and even right here in Canada, has not been FULLY prepared for this situation, especially when SARS was known and the difficulty in treating the disease.   They had enough time to get production going as it was already known that is was a Novel virus, i.e one that has not been seen before and was spreading.   

The train was coming our way and the leader of the free world acted like a coward and made all kind of dubious remarks that was not of the position he holds as the commander in chief of his nation and the free world.  Sorry, but it is true and on record.   He played the blame game like politicians do and did not lead as he should have.

In all this though and I have said this before, this is a virus that they can see under a microscope, but it is really a demonic entity that has manifested as this disease.  I have been in too many spiritual warfare to know how they operate and what they can do.  What is our real protection, put on the full armor of God Ephesians 6.   Yes, we still do what we have with the necessary precautions , the same as if we get a cut to our finger, we put a bandage, but we must understand that this is a war.  A war that the believer has to stand firm in faith and not waiver.   No man can tell when and how he would be called home, but when we do, we have to make sure our credentials are solid when presented to the king. 

https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/prevention/respiratory_protection.html

As listed in the Canadian Biosafety Handbook:

• Complete respirator training and ensure proper fit through qualitative or quantitative fit-testing before beginning any activities that require a respirator.
  • Perform a seal check every time the respirator is worn.
  • Clean, and sanitize or decontaminate the respirator after every use according to the manufacture's instructions or safe operating procedures, even if it is stored in the containment zone.
  • Prevent the filters or cartridge from becoming wet during decontamination. 
  • Replace cartridges that are near the end of service life.
  • Never reuse disposable respirators or masks. Decontaminate used respirators and masks before disposal.
  • Inspect the respirator after use. Dispose, or repair any defective parts.
  • Remove respiratory protection at the point at which a risk assessment deems it safe to do so upon exit from the containment zone.
  • Reusable respirators should be stored so that they are protected from hazards that may affect the respirators (e.g., dust, sunlight, heat, extreme cold).
Edited by warrior12

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

No, that is false.  Any mask that does not meet the standard for its intended use is useless. 

I don't mean to be obstinate, but you are misinformed.  I'm not going to bother to dig up the research paper, but there is a linear correlation between viral loads transferred when a new victim is infected and the severity of their symptoms.

Even a mask that REDUCES the viral load transferred to new victims can mean the difference between life and death.  Misinformation can be quite dangerous, and governments are counting on that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

"I'm Terrified" - New York Turns Into "War Zone" As City's 911 System Faces Overwhelming Onslaught

Paramedics said that weeks ago, coronavirus calls were mostly for respiratory distress or fever. Now many of these same patients are dealing with organ failure and cardiac arrest after being sent home from the hospital. 

One Brooklyn paramedic said:

“We’re getting them at the point where they’re starting to decompensate. The way that it wreaks havoc in the body is almost flying in the face of everything that we know.”

I pointed this out in another thread several days ago.  There is a serious question that needs answering as to whether this can be caught by those who have already recovered from it a first time (meaning getting infected confers limited or no immunity) or...if this is a "bi-phasic" virus. 

When are we going to get tired of being lied to? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I don't mean to be obstinate, but you are misinformed.  I'm not going to bother to dig up the research paper, but there is a linear correlation between viral loads transferred when a new victim is infected and the severity of their symptoms.

Even a mask that REDUCES the viral load transferred to new victims can mean the difference between life and death.  Misinformation can be quite dangerous, and governments are counting on that. 

Well I hate to object.  Microscopic particles can easily pass through materials that is not designed to filter them.   Simple analogy, you cannot use a strainer to as a coffee filter, it would be useless, totally useless.  I think you are trying to justify using something rather than nothing as a band aid, but not with particles of the size of these viruses.  They use special microscope to see those things, that is to tell alone how tiny they are.    Anyway, I am not an expert, but when you say "Any mask is better than none" that is plain Misinformation and misleading .  It is well intention ed though but not correct.

Viral load has no bearing on this particular virus as there is no vaccine to create antibodies .  It is how well your immune system functions and only God knows how some recover and some don't.  Once you are infected, you are at the mercy of your maker. That is how this stands today, there is no cure, you know that fully well.  Even doctors are dying from this infection.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, warrior12 said:

Well I hate to object.  Microscopic particles can easily pass through materials that is not designed to filter them.   Simple analogy, you cannot use a strainer to as a coffee filter, it would be useless, totally useless.  I think you are trying to justify using something rather than nothing as a band aid, but not with particles of the size of these viruses.  They use special microscope to see those things, that is to tell alone how tiny they are.    Anyway, I am not an expert, but when you say "Any mask is better than none" that is plain Misinformation and misleading .  It is well intention ed though but not correct.

Viral load has no bearing on this particular virus as there is no vaccine to create antibodies .  It is how well your immune system functions and only God knows how some recover and some don't.  Once you are infected, you are at the mercy of your maker. That is how this stands today, there is no cure, you know that fully well.  Even doctors are dying from this infection.

i give up.....the study was crystal clear.   can't fix willful blindness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,847
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  226
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

No matter who is right and who is wrong WE are responsible for our own health and safety NOT " big brother " If you really think that wearing a mask will protect you then WEAR ONE ... my sister who is afraid of getting this as she lives with my 90 year old mother and her husband is fighting cancer bought face masks ( full version ) relatively cheaply from amazon and sewed them to baseball caps to make them easy to wear . She made lots as they were so cheap and easy to make and has even offered them to the nurses who have to come to my mother every week to take bloods so if you think it will help MAKE YOUR OWN AND WEAR THEM Doesn't matter if anyone else is wearing them if you are convinced it will stop the spread of the virus then at least you are setting an example and saving your own health 

1 minute ago, ladypeartree said:

No matter who is right and who is wrong WE are responsible for our own health and safety NOT " big brother " If you really think that wearing a mask will protect you then WEAR ONE ... my sister who is afraid of getting this as she lives with my 90 year old mother and her husband is fighting cancer bought face masks ( full version ) relatively cheaply from amazon and sewed them to baseball caps to make them easy to wear . She made lots as they were so cheap and easy to make and has even offered them to the nurses who have to come to my mother every week to take bloods so if you think it will help MAKE YOUR OWN AND WEAR THEM Doesn't matter if anyone else is wearing them if you are convinced it will stop the spread of the virus then at least you are setting an example and saving your own health 

it's not quite that simple.  due to the extended time asymptomatic carriers can be transmitting this disease, the control measure that will slow this thing down is a society wide adoption of mask use in public.  This is not about feelings, it's about the science of epidemiology.  It's backed by data and studies.   And yes a non-N95 mask that might not catch 100% (an N95 won't do that btw) still reduces the total amount of virus shed and reduces the contamination of surfaces droplets collect on in a given environment.  Some of it is just plain common sense.

If you want to reduce transmission, slow the spread down and avoid seeing ambulance and hospital capacity overwhelmed and all the thousands of needless deaths due to that, mask wearing en masse by the public is not optional.  The CDC, HHS and NHS all have access to far more information than I do....but choose to lie.  Now they will have to undo the lies they told....yet another delay in effective implementation because they have to re-educate the very public they lied to.

• Well Said! 1