• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

I hope I'm whining in the right place. I work for a Christian based company, but lately things are happening that really concern me that the company is getting more concerned with money than with the employees' or even clients' happiness.

Among other things, no one has gotten the raises that were promised to them months ago. When I took over as manager, I was put at a salary $4k lower than the (MALE) one who preceded me...many other things like this.

On Tuesday, my CEO called me on speakerphone with the VP in his office and totally attacked me because of an extra customer service that we have been providing! (some clients have been coming in for us to shave them the day before)He accused me of trying to break policy and run things my own way, he had me in tears! When I was crying he actually laughed with the VP and accused me of making excuses. It was totally humiliating.

I've heard of him doing this to other employees, but this was the first time he really gave it to me like this.

I have lost all respect for him now, and don't even want to work for him anymore.

Am I overreacting?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I don't think you are over reacting.  I can't believe they laughed while you cried.  

If leaving is what you want, then I hope any transition will come easily for you.  Pray before you do anything though.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  04/12/1974

My philosophy on this.........never(that means NEVER) stay in a job you dislike. If you are questioning whether you should stay, then there is a reason for that. If you can't remedy the situation and begin to enjoy your workplace, leave. Life is too short.

Prime#

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  49

I would say a combination of the previous two replies...

First, this is a wake up call for action, so that means, second, the next step is prayer for a new opportunity to come before you! How awesome! A new path in your journey! Times are always exciting with the Lord...

Thank you all. I appreciate your support. It is now 3 days after the incident and he has not offered any apology at all. I feel like I'm being dishonest even being in this office now. I am praying about it minute by minute, and I know He will guide me.

You know, I've become active in my church Praise Team, and I feel like maybe I should pursue a career in Christian Music...my husband brought it up again last night, like "Honey, I think you're being told something here..."

I will look at this as an exciting opportunity, and just let God show me where He wants me!

Selah, your attitude is awesome. Thank you for showing me how this is a BLESSING!!!

• Content Count:  49

No problem!!  :inlove:

Please keep us updated as the Spirit is leading you to your next opportunity!! It's wonderful to be able to watch a testimony develop right "in front of your eyes"!!!!!   :P  

It is awesome to watch the Holy Spirit working in someone's life--and inspiring!!!  :P

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You should follow your heart. If you are living right then God will speak to you as to what to do. Maybe he let this thing happen to get your attention and to have you look at other things.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  92

FHA,  I have been through several stressfilled job situations/transitions (some dealing with difficult personalities)and during my last job transition I learned an important thing that I seemed to have been overlooking before.  Instead of trying to find what I was looking for in a job, I gave it completely to God.  I can't say that I wasn't begining to get a little concerned after 2 1/2 months of unemployment, but I can say it was worth the wait.  God delivered and in a BIG way.  The doors just seemed to swing open and I have never enjoyed a job more.  I also got a significant raise and I'm convinced it was all God's doing.  

Whatever you feel the Spirit leading you to do, follow and put your faith in Him.  He definitely will see you through the storm to the glorious day on the other side.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Amen to all of the posts!

FHA, have you thought of starting your own business? I know there is a need in the lake area (Norman) for a mobile groomer.

:P

Timothy, I'm not a groomer. I looked back to my shaving reference and giggled--we do laser hair removal--most commonly men's backs, so it's SORTA like grooming...

haha

I desperately want to open my own spa. It's a pipe dream and I have no money, but that's really what I'd love to do. I pray that He will provide a way. I'm definitely being led to leave here--looking for other opportunities daily. I feel very let down because once again a 'Christian' (only in name) has led me down the path. Using the name of God to hide his greed. It's shameful.

Update: Got another call from Corporate telling me that we Baby our receptionist by answering calls when she's on the other line booking an appointment or something. We are to let the phone RING until she puts her call on hold to answer the other line. Now, THAT"S customer Service!

What the heck is going on?

Thank you both for your support. Pray that God will lead me!