• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,651
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

An excerpt of an encouragement to a local body of Christ from it's pastor; and by extension  of it's attendees to all that may be called by this and similar invitations by many to watch and participate even today Sunday April 5, 2020

..."As we gather before computer screens and TV’s this morning we can readily admit that we had assumed the plan of God during this Holy Week would look much different than this current reality. After all, doesn’t He know that the lost souls of the Bay need physical buildings to gather in on Easter surrounded by gobs of believers adorned in pastels? Clearly God must fail to understand the strategic importance of our Holy Week traditions in the expansion of His kingdom. Or...perhaps (and if you know anything of the providence of God you know there’s no “perhaps” to this equation) this is exactly how God intended Holy Week 2020 to unfold. Friends who would not have strolled through church doors - even on Easter - will watch, at your invitation, a Good Friday or Resurrection service online from the comfort and supposed safety of their living rooms (only we know, thankfully, that there is no “safety” from the Hound of Heaven). Co-workers you have prayed for will tune into a broadcast, both they and you never realizing that your prayers will be answered in ways you never imagined “Easter victory” looking like. Even you will be reminded, due to our present state, of the dual truth that (1) the church is not a place but is a people of God and (2) that we have taken for granted - and hopefully never shall again - gathering with our church to collectively worship our Redeemer. This year will be different; and because we have a God who is absolutely sovereign and is working all things according to His counsel, the difference is Divinely planned - not an accident or a plan B - and is therefore a very good thing.

Friends, I am stoked to see what God is going to do throughout this Holy Week through your faithful social media and electronic invitations and His unfolding mercy." ....

• Praise God! 1

An invitation to join with many others if you are not already engaged for services this day. Service 10:00 AM EST, USA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8X7ausOjoYhKjVuMBzPUjg

Bldg28 Clearwater Fl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another possibility for today's service  is at http://www.calvarymurphy.com/index.php/media/watch-live 10:30 AM EST USA

Calvary Chapel Murphy , N. C.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:
An excerpt of an encouragement to a local body of Christ from it's pastor; and by extension  of it's attendees to all that may be called by this and similar invitations by many to watch and participate even today Sunday April 5, 2020

..."As we gather before computer screens and TV’s this morning we can readily admit that we had assumed the plan of God during this Holy Week would look much different than this current reality. After all, doesn’t He know that the lost souls of the Bay need physical buildings to gather in on Easter surrounded by gobs of believers adorned in pastels? Clearly God must fail to understand the strategic importance of our Holy Week traditions in the expansion of His kingdom. Or...perhaps (and if you know anything of the providence of God you know there’s no “perhaps” to this equation) this is exactly how God intended Holy Week 2020 to unfold. Friends who would not have strolled through church doors - even on Easter - will watch, at your invitation, a Good Friday or Resurrection service online from the comfort and supposed safety of their living rooms (only we know, thankfully, that there is no “safety” from the Hound of Heaven). Co-workers you have prayed for will tune into a broadcast, both they and you never realizing that your prayers will be answered in ways you never imagined “Easter victory” looking like. Even you will be reminded, due to our present state, of the dual truth that (1) the church is not a place but is a people of God and (2) that we have taken for granted - and hopefully never shall again - gathering with our church to collectively worship our Redeemer. This year will be different; and because we have a God who is absolutely sovereign and is working all things according to His counsel, the difference is Divinely planned - not an accident or a plan B - and is therefore a very good thing.

Friends, I am stoked to see what God is going to do throughout this Holy Week through your faithful social media and electronic invitations and His unfolding mercy." ....

Could it be?

Could it be that the [traditional way] the church has gone about this holy week has been in error?

That the goddess Astarte (Easter) is what the bloody thing is named after ought to give us a hint, if not pause.

Happy Easter Bunny egg hunt..

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Neighbor

Its a cool message  from a toked Pastor(I got a kick out of that):D  I never considered a building or organization as "the Church" because it is a church and WE are the Body of Christ yet I am gobsmacked that sooooo many Believers just don't seem to get it??

Don't get me wrong,I love going to church for corporate praise & worship,I go to a fantastic church with a sound teaching ministry. It's just amazing that statistics show that Easter draws the most people to "church",people that never go,never will go any other day etc...etc... Even more attend easter service than Christmas...I wonder why?