Loving the Word of God

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

How can one love God’s Word?  I’m hungry for Him and His Word.  I just can’t spark the flame though!  I’m jusssst ALMOST there!  I need a leap of faith.  How can one love God’s Word, His Written Word, like King David spoke about his love for the commands of God in Psalm 119?  I’ve read it a lot but I’m looking for a fire to be set ablaze in my heart.  Like a Divine love for His Word.  Like King David has! :)

Edited by Tyler22
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Tyler22

What you seek is a worthy thing and rest assured, if that’s truly your heart's desire, things will change for you soon in an amazing way - and the Word will open to you even further. 

For more help with this goal, please check out THIS guide, which will show you how to get more out of your reading time. 

As you read through the Bible, pray each day for wisdom and He will give it to you. These are the words preserved for you today by the Creator, so study them as diligently as if for a life exam, and you'll find the love for it will grow exponentially and without limit. 

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

37 minutes ago, Tyler22 said:

How can one love God’s Word?  I’m hungry for Him and His Word.  I just can’t spark the flame though!  I’m jusssst ALMOST there!

Hi Tyler, 

Your post shows a lot of heart to me with these two opening statements. Perhaps there's something like a feeling when you pray for certain important things. Sometimes reading over a passage that has become familiar already suddenly becomes a deeper understanding. While it may not be like getting zapped by the Holy Spirit, it still can become a revelation to the understanding of the intellect. Then we know without a doubt. 

That would be similar. Sort of like a lightbulb going off in your head. Or it could be like an "ah-ha" moment, so to speak. When that does occur, it may or may not accompany a feeling. To be perfectly honest with you brother, it seems like you are there already to me. Just keep reading. I really enjoyed your post. Everything will work out alright. God bless you, friend. What a sweet spirit you have. I think that's very cool.  

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1