Manonfire63

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

I am a seer, I have visions, visuals of things in my mind. I am not an occult spiritualist nor am I possessed of any demons. I stay "at ready" any given time the Holy Spirit wants to minister. Sometimes I just speak a Word of Wisdom or Knowledge...but my most useful gift is spiritual discernment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2020 at 9:09 PM, Paul James said:

I looked through the New Testament to find any reference to the ministry of "seer" who has the gift of seeing into the spiritual.  I couldn't find anything.  So I conclude that the function of "seer" is not New Testament.   As has been already said on the thread, the Old Testament prophet was also known as a "seer", but that wasn't because he could "see" into the insides of people.  It was in the area of prophecy and word of knowledge.  But the office of Old Testament prophet became redundant at the death of John the Baptizer.  The New Testament prophet is one who encourages, edifies, comforts, and exhorts members of the body of Christ in Christian services.

So the only function of "seer" remains in the occult fortune teller who is inspired by a lying demon to deceive people.  Lying demons can be quite accurate about people because they know all about people, and so because the spirit can accurately describe a person's circumstances it can appear to be a positive influence, rather than then negative, damning influence that it really has.

It is a lot worse when a professing Christian sets themselves up as a "seer" and accurately prophesies facts about people to make them think they are genuinely operating from the Holy Spirit, when it is actually a demon spirit.  Demon spirits are experts at impressions, and they can be very convincing in their deception that if it were possible they could deceive the very elect.

All children of God are taught to test every spirit. If you are deceived you neglected to follow His teaching.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.96
  • Days Won:  21

55 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

I am a seer, I have visions, visuals of things in my mind. I am not an occult spiritualist nor am I possessed of any demons. I stay "at ready" any given time the Holy Spirit wants to minister. Sometimes I just speak a Word of Wisdom or Knowledge...but my most useful gift is spiritual discernment. 

This is good from my perspective. I hope you continue to use your gifts in this weird supernatural-less time that believers find themselves at a loss to understand and are very leery of. There probably needs to be a 'reawakening' to God's multifaceted ways that mostly bleed over into His Domain of Spirit and Truth.

We appear to be in a Post Christian and ex-postmodern understanding society. Clarity is needed.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

4 hours ago, Heart2Soul said:

All children of God are taught to test every spirit. If you are deceived you neglected to follow His teaching.

There is no such thing as a "seer" in the New Testament,  This is New Age occult mysticism.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Seer, according to the dictionary:

a person who sees; observer.
a person who prophesies future events; prophet: Industry seers predicted higher profits.
a person endowed with profound moral and spiritual insight or knowledge; a wise person or sage who possesses intuitive powers.
a person who is reputed to have special powers of divination, as a crystal gazer or palmist.

Seems it would be better to call a person who prophecies in the name of the Lord a prophet- as opposed to confusing it with a term like 'seer', which the majority of people, myself included, associate with the 4th description-

1 hour ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

a person who prophesies future events; prophet: Industry seers predicted higher profits.
a person endowed with profound moral and spiritual insight or knowledge; a wise person or sage who possesses intuitive powers.
a person who is reputed to have special powers of divination, as a crystal gazer or palmist.

Seems it would be better to call a person who prophecies in the name of the Lord a prophet- as opposed to confusing it with a term like 'seer', which the majority of people, myself included, associate with the 4th description-

The word soothsayer is what the Bible calls those who use divination or mysticism.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Paul James said:

There is no such thing as a "seer" in the New Testament,  This is New Age occult mysticism.

When the Spirit of Truth comes to you to reveal what is hidden then you will know and understand what is the Will of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

They are the same in purpose...I have used both...but for the sake of this OP...I used seer

Edited by Heart2Soul
Correct grammar

12 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

This is good from my perspective. I hope you continue to use your gifts in this weird supernatural-less time that believers find themselves at a loss to understand and are very leery of. There probably needs to be a 'reawakening' to God's multifaceted ways that mostly bleed over into His Domain of Spirit and Truth.

We appear to be in a Post Christian and ex-postmodern understanding society. Clarity is needed.

This is exactly what God is doing...Awakening those who have fallen asleep and stirring up the gifts again.

The apostasy is already on the face of the earth and God is pouring out His Spirit upon All flesh and bringing believers into the unity of one faith....He is pouring out His Fire and Glory anointing of His Spirit and as it was on Pentecost so will it be today.

He is perfecting His saints and equipping them and preparing them to gather the harvest.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Paul James said:

A modern term used today is messenger....which also lines up with scripture.

I have 1 question: occult mysticism is real...a form of witchcraft...powered by a spirit of divination, spirit of deception,  spirit of seduction. 

Would our ABBA, FATHER leave the powers of darkness alone to do it's work without having His Powers operating to defeat them?

A prophet is subject to a prophet...sometimes only a prophet can recognize a false prophet....false prophets are very religious and use the Word prolifically....it is recognizing the subtle twists and changes that is missed....there are false prophets that are easily identified....it is the ones who are deceived in their own heart that we must guard against.

These could be people you know and consider to be righteous men/women of God. You trust them without testing what they say.

That is why we test every prophesy to know what spirit is operating. 

• Thumbs Up 1