IGNORED

Can we convert the world with this sign ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,711
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

What works ?

good question ;)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

What worked for Paul? “ I preach  Christ crucified”.  That would be the Gospel.....the Good News Of 1Cor15:1-4.... If it worked for Paul, it should also work for us. It is for us to preach it.....It is for the listener to decide what to do with it......Those blessed with “ ears to hear” will receive the Good News with joy and will be saved.....those lacking Contrite Hearts will not understand nor care and continue their Way on the Broad Path....Perhaps they  will get another chance to hear and Believe  .......perhaps not.....what a gamble ! They are not concerned about it....I know there was a time when I was unconcerned . What a Blind Fool I was......Amazing Grace....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I think a sign saying "I love Jesus" is fine.  It's a way to testify, and it opens doors.  Anything that makes people think and talk about Jesus is good in a wordly society that increasingly bans Christian public displays and expressions.  I do not care much for the judgemental hellfire and brimstone signs or messages because I don't think they draw people to Jesus in love, and may actually push them away.

Personally, I prefer hats.  They're lighter and hands free.  I have several Christian hats that I wear often.  My favorite has a cross in front formed from the words "Amazing Grace".   On the side it says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.  Ephesians 2:8". On the bill and back strap it says "I ❤️ Jesus".   Alot of people have said "I really like your hat!".  Then we talk about Jesus.  That hat helps me keep the door open all the time.  It also puts a check on my own behavior as I go through the day.  If you're going to wear it on your sleeve or on your head, you need to show your sincerity with your actions. 

I also think Christian tattoos are good.  They aren't marking yourself for the dead because Jesus is risen and alive, and is the source and sustainer of all life.  I don't have any tattoos, and am probably too old now, but I've thought about a lamb with a cross above it on one arm, and a lion with a crown above it, and "King of Kings" below it, on the other.

Any Godly expression of faith and love for Jesus is good.  And we all need to heed the words of Christ:

Luk 9:26.  For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him so shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy Angels.

Mat 5:14-15. Ye are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.  Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house.  Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven.

Good works are key to attracting people to Jesus.  They may read your sign, hat, tattoo, etc.  But they will be watching you.  You need to live it.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus foretold that NO ONE would convert this world!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

What is more important than holding up a sign is our life being a testamony for Christ. In what we say and what we do. I think that is more powerful. Everyone knows there is a God. Many just choose to ignore Him. They will go into the 7 year tribulation and along with this world will be judged and the wrath of God will come upon them. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1