• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, appy said:

I don't know, I  groom and pet and talk to  them a lot.  Did that from the first day I got them.  If I don't give them some attention, they pester me till I do.  They know their names and come when called.  A while back I bought some halters that fit miniature horses, and they hated wearing them, when I needed them to wear them. That was the only time that  they would not come;  if I have those halters in my hands...so I went back to using collars.  They come now...:D  if I let them out of their yard, they follow me all over the rest of my property.  I don't have too much trouble getting them back in.  We had some dogs jump over our 6 foot fence and maul one of them real bad.  Since the attack they haven't tried real hard to get out of their yard.  Only if I don't get the gate closed and latched correctly.  They don't wander far from their yard.  They are so comical and entertaining to watch.

Thank appy!  I shall have to try that... I do have one that I bottle fed for a couple of days, maybe I can train her to follow me.... gotta catch her first!  LOL  I just turned them out to pasture the other day.  Maybe lure with grain or an apple treat... hmmmm?  ;)