IGNORED

Do you believe men have 1 more rib then women?

angels4u

Do you believe men have 1 more rib then women?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe men have 1 more rib then women?

• Yes, women have 1 more rib then men
    • No,they both have the same amount of ribs.

Guest Zayit

I like to refer to Havah's ( Eve) 'Birth' as the "Splitting of the Adam, where actually instead of the L-RD doing surgery to remove a rib and then building around that a whole new person, I believe that he actually split Adam in two parts, thus that is why when a man and a woman come together they are echad, as one, Such as "the FATHER and I are Echad, As ONE. We don't just compliment each other, but as the deaf man said to the deaf woman in the Movie, Jerry Mcquire,

"You complete me". :laugh:

:)

Which is what Adam was saying when he said, you are flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone. For we don't see the L-RD taking any flesh, only the metaphorical 'rib'.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Actually, we have two pairs of "floating ribs." They are called such because they are not joined to the sternum (breastbone) via cartilage.

Told you so :P

Actually some people removed them to get a slimmer waist :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

Actually some people removed them to get a slimmer waist

Yes, women used to do that so they could tie their corsets (sp?) closer together to have the appearance of a smaller waste. This was damaging to their insides and one of the reasons many died baring children.

The issue of the rib and if we have one more that the man or not or whatever, I don't think that was what God was trying to convey. He took one rib from man....so that woman was a part of him. God could have engineered another human - identical and different enough to be exactly like Eve finally was. He didn't have to cause Adam to sleep, perform a rib extraction and then build Eve from it. The point was to have one from the other. A sense in ones spirit that you are the match for that person. Another way to be 'one' and unified since there was no previous history they could draw from. They were it. God was all about unity.

The act of creating Eve was purposeful, and having part of Adam as part of her blueprints was a statement of God's design - that we are for each other. Eve was to be a suitable helpmate. Not other combinations we have people try and tell us in this day and age :)

Just a thought.............

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

It's been proven that men and women have the same ammount.

God took the rib from Adam and not from the male species, so the genetic composition that requires us to have a certain ammount of ribs would have passed down along his offspring. A man who loses an arm does not give birth to a child with no arms. It's a post-birth thing. Adam's rib was a post-creation thing.

Hope that makes sense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does.

An excellent explanation.:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Yes, women used to do that so they could tie their corsets (sp?) closer together to have the appearance of a smaller waste. This was damaging to their insides and one of the reasons many died baring children.

Interesting, I didn't know that...

Tx Angels

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,840
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Of course! Im sure a women somewhere has accidentally ate a rib bone before, thus, that women could had one bone more then a man :24:

:P:P:24:

Of course men don't have any more ribs than women.

They may have a few more brain cells, though :24:

:noidea::24:

Only kidding, ladies......(erecting my 'handbag' shield here).....ouch!!..........I said I was only kidding, didn't I??? :24::24::24: