The Holy Spirit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Why would the Holy Spirit sound like somebody I know?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, RarexxRose said:

I didn't quite understand the question, Rose. Could you be a little more explanatory? Thanks. :)

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I didn't quite understand the question, Rose. Could you be a little more explanatory? Thanks. :)

I heard a voice within me that said to pray and I didn't and right after something bad happened. I didn't obey the voice because it sounded exactly like someone I knew. Even if at that particular moment they were right, how was I expected to obey this voice from someone that hurt me and that I do not respect? I've heard a "still, small voice" before as the bible says which I believe is the Holy Spirit and have had that unction before and obeyed. I just really trying to figure out and understand what's really going on here and what does it mean.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

I heard a voice within me that said to pray and I didn't and right after something bad happened. I didn't obey the voice because it sounded exactly like someone I knew. Even if at that particular moment they were right, how was I expected to obey this voice from someone that hurt me and that I do not respect? I've heard a "still, small voice" before as the bible says which I believe is the Holy Spirit and have had that unction before and obeyed. I just really trying to figure out and understand what's really going on here and what does it mean.

Do you experience auditory hallucinations?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

9 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Gideon and others in the scriptures asked God for confirmation. God expects us to do this sometimes. So if you get a 'bad' feeling after ignoring a 'voice' I would put this down to the dark side baiting you. Take care and Blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

I see what you're attempting to express. You're referring as to whether the Lord sometimes speaks to our hearts through the thoughts of our minds. Yes, I still believe the Holy Spirit guides us at times. Not every moment of the day, however. We each have been given thinking skills according to our individual intelligence levels of understanding. And I also feel thoughts from our adversary can fill our minds with negativity and condemnation. Sometimes even harmful or evil ones with certain individuals. Most of the time it's our own thinking we hear if that what you mean. All seem to be similar to our own, so we need to learn how to discern the difference to grow as Christian believers. I don't believe it's an auditory voice, but it's entirely possible for Lord to do this if He wanted to. I still feel He speaks to the inner person. Does this make sense to you? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I see what you're attempting to express. You're referring as to whether the Lord sometimes speaks to our hearts through the thoughts of our minds. Yes, I still believe the Holy Spirit guides us at times. Not every moment of the day, however. We each have been given thinking skills according to our individual intelligence levels of understanding. And I also feel thoughts from our adversary can fill our minds with negativity and condemnation. Sometimes even harmful or evil ones with certain individuals. Most of the time it's our own thinking we hear if that what you mean. All seem to be similar to our own, so we need to learn how to discern the difference to grow as Christian believers. I don't believe it's an auditory voice, but it's entirely possible for Lord to do this if He wanted to. I still feel He speaks to the inner person. Does this make sense to you? 

Yes, thank you Beau

• Loved it! 1

15 minutes ago, RarexxRose said:

Yes, thank you Beau

That's terrific, Rose. You just made my day! 

:6:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

BeauJangles gave you a good answer.

also, a voice, still small, medium large, or bright red orange, will only obey the Words in the New Testament.

In other words, you know that the bible, the NT is a book of Love.  Its a Testament to the Love of God.

So, any voice or similar, a feeling, a instinct, will be related to LOVE and CARE and HELP, if its from God.

A voice that says to burn your house, pull your eyes out, kill your neighbor......... see what i mean....   

God is Love.  And His requests are for Peace and Love.....and how we can do that or be that or cause that..

When that "voice' is telling you to make peace, forgive, Love, Give, HELP.... that's "bible", so that's a good "voice".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Birthday:  10/19/1982

On 4/30/2020 at 6:38 PM, RarexxRose said:

Voices can be tricky at times. Towards the end of my time as an atheist I was at rock bottom, too broken to even resort to drinking and then I started hearing voices of loved ones that passed. Those were good. Other times they are random but if something makes the hair stand up, I will do my best to ignore. Your situation sounds fishy to me since the voice came from someone you didn't get on well with. Take caution for it could be a trick into getting you to submit your will to it. I could be wrong though which is why I urge caution. I don't believe the Holy Spirit would ever have something bad happen if you didn't pray upon command.