IGNORED

Who here has read corrie ten boom's the hiding place and what are your views and opinions on the Book

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Estrella said:

I have not read the book

The book is very captivating. Great read.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 4/30/2020 at 9:22 PM, Clamaviprofundis said:

Who here has read corrie ten boom's the hiding place and what are your views and opinions on the Book.

Deeply profound testimony of being in an oppressive situation indeed is the expression of the book. It seems to be a book that all who follow Jesus in sincerity would benefit from reading. Just imagine what the early disciples such as John on the isle of Patmos must have gone through! Blessed be God for His everlasting provision of grace in Jesus Christ!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I have read The Hiding Place and another Corrie Ten Boom book called In My Father's House, which is a great prelude that tells the story of her childhood.

In My Father's House tells the story of an amazingly strong Christian family living in a house on the edge of a ghetto that barely contains them all.  The father repairs clocks.  He, and the rest of the family are poor financially, but rich in their faith, and mutual support, which will later lead them to follow their Godly conviction to assist those who are persecuted during the Holocaust.

The Hiding Place is a MUST READ for anyone strong enough to have their heart broken.   I will not tell you the details of the story, except that it's true, tragic, and very moving.  This one made a tough guy like me cry as I read it.

In the end Corrie receives assurance and conviction from God to begin a very successful ministry after WWII.  Her bullet proof faith during years of inhuman treatment in concentration camps is truly inspiring.  God clearly had a purpose for this saintly, humble woman.

Not all strong Christians look the part of superheroes.  Corrie was a smallish woman.  She described herself as unattractive.  She was somewhat sickly as a child.  But God's strength was made perfect in her weakness.  She remains a true inspiration.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I read it soon after it was first published.  I agree with the others who posted before me.  Timely to bring this up:  we ought to arm ourselves to suffer and to serve our Lord regardless where this pandemic and political struggle take us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I read the book many years ago and recommend it.   Also, I heard Corrie Ten Boom speak at Hollywood Presbyterian Church years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1