being convicted right now

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

im in great fear... im so up in God one day than down the next,  i dont think my walk is holy, i am being convicted in the verse that says (in the bible somewhere) that some of Gods people, began to beat others, and get drunk (basically thinking, hey i have god and his word i can do WHATEVER I WANT) and still go to heaven, and im really feeling heavy about that right now.... there is also the danger of obsessively hearing gods word and not acting on it becuase jesus said to (in the bible somewhere) that he who knew the will of god, (the bible) and did not act on it, will receive a greater punishment than the ones who didnt know at all... this terrifies me?

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

If you feel led to deepen your relationship with God and cut sin out of your life, then by all means do so. It's something we should strive for. At the same time keep in mind that God doesn't set unrealistic expectations for us. It's an ongoing process and we're all going to make mistakes and fail at some point along the way (Psalm 37:24: "though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand."). Just do your part and heed the conviction. God will do His part as well as stated in Philippians 1:6. "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Tyler22

What you feel is most likely from Yahweh. You are reading His Word and being convicted by the lessons therein. So be glad! It sounds like He is speaking to your heart. 

Now, don't think that Yahweh is just sat on the edge of His Throne anxiously trying to catch you out or itching to accuse you and damn you.  He wants you, and us all, in this time of freedom and grace to act in the right way and choose the right path - willingly and voluntarily. 

Therefore, if you are feeling convicted on these matters and basically "not ready", start to put the Word in practice, one step at a time, but from today and with eagerness - trusting in His goodness and power to see into your heart. 

So then, one step at a time, starting with the things that you are most convicted about. And, as you do this, continually read the whole Word - not just the New Testament. Make it a year goal that no stone will be left unturned in the Scriptures, so that you have no grey areas of the books in the OT and the NT, and what their lessons are. Then, He will direct all of your steps accordingly. 

Love & Shalom