• Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

how wide the path?

(10000 * 10000) + (1000 * 1000) = 101,000,000

Revelation 5:11 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
 Then I heard the voices of many angels, the four living creatures, and the leaders surrounding the throne. They numbered ( ten thousand times ten thousand ) and + (thousands times thousands).

Matthew 7:13-14 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

“Enter through the narrow gate because the gate and road that lead to destruction are wide. Many enter through the wide gate. 14 But the narrow gate and the road that lead to life are full of trouble. Only a few people find the narrow gate.

"“Modern” Homo sapiens (that is, people who were roughly like we are now) first walked the Earth about 50,000 years ago. Since then, more than 108 billion members of our species have ever been born, according to estimates by Population Reference Bureau (PRB). "

((10000 * 10000) + (1000 * 1000)) / 108 billion = 0.00093518518

Not even one percent of the people who ever lived goes to heaven.   Ouch,  we need to go out and witness more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

In Revelation 5: 11-12 This scene is described as concentric circles, with the Lamb in the center. He is surrounded by the living creatures and the elders, with an innumerable host of angels around them on every side.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

“Enter through the narrow gate because the gate and road that lead to destruction are wide. Many enter through the wide gate. 14 But the narrow gate and the road that lead to life are full of trouble. Only a few people find the narrow gate.

Jesus is the Narrow Way as He is THe ONLY WAY To God.    John 14:6. "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.""

So, that is a very narrow "WAY". (Gate)

The Broad way to destruction is all other paths, and all other means, and all other methods, and all other ways that RELIGION says you can come to God.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Now who said that number was only made up of humans.

I heard every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth, and on the sea.

The got the idea from verse 13,  since we do not know how many angels,  I went with a guess on human. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Revelation 5:11 is speaking of heavenly beings, i.e. angels - not saved humans.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Revelation 5:11 talks about angels, not saved humans. However revelation 7:9 says there will be an innumerable number of people in heaven that no one can count. The bible also  says in Matthew that wide is the gate that leads to destruction and few go to heaven by the narrow gate. However, that's a few go to heaven out of billions and billions of people that God has or will make so there will be still a massive heavenly population. There's currently 7.8 billion people on the earth. If all died right now lets say 5% go to heaven. That's 390 million people that would go to heaven, if i calculated it right in my head. That is not factoring in past and future humans.

Also, about the homo sapiens thing. The bible says humans have only existed for 6000 years, the earth may or may not be old like scientists say. But according to the bible humans have only been alive for 6000 years tracing the geologies back to Adam. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

@leah777 - You questioned my post as if you did not understand what I was saying.

1.  The OP is stating that he knows the actual percentage of humanity that will be saved.  That's impossible.

2.  He did this by making a mathematical algorithm from Revelation 5:11 - turn the verse into a literal statement of numbers and math.

3.  The verse is not about people.  It's about angels and heavenly beings.  It's saying, figuratively, that you cannot count the number of God's heavenly beings.

4.  The verse is not about a percentage of humans that will be saved.

5.  He is right about one thing.  We need to be out sharing the gospel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5

Revelation 5:11-12 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
The hymn of the whole company of Heaven
11-12 Then in my vision I heard the voices of many angels encircling the throne, the living creatures and the elders. There were myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, crying in a great voice, “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honour and glory and blessing!”

Revelation 5:11 Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and [the voice] of the living creatures and the elders; and they numbered myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands (innumerable),

Revelation 5:11 Good News Translation (GNT)
11 Again I looked, and I heard angels, thousands and millions of them! They stood around the throne, the four living creatures, and the elders,

There were translation errors in the text I quoted.

Revelation 5:11 GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)
11 Then I heard the voices of many angels, the four living creatures, and the leaders surrounding the throne. They numbered ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands times thousands.