IGNORED

Does anyone remember these British singers?

Debp

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

LOVED Tull. A lot of people think their most famous album, Aqualung, was a slam against Christianity, but it was in fact a slam against the Church of England; big difference! Matter of fact, the editor of my Joe Box suspense trilogy was convinced Ian Anderson was in fact a strong Christian. If you listen to the final track, Wind Up, I think Ian's belief is borne out.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

52 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

LOVED Tull.

Yeah, me too! I've seen Jethro Tull in concert five times!

A lot of people think their most famous album, Aqualung, was a slam against Christianity, but it was in fact a slam against the Church of England; big difference!

This is also true. The line, "You can excommunicate me on the way to Sunday School..." was not a bash on Christianity, but the Anglican Church as we've called it here. A very big difference. Tull's Christmas LP was very good. Ian Anderson sings about David City in one tune = Jerusalem. 

He mentions, "Christmas cheer is not what you drink." How right he is!

Matter of fact, the editor of my Joe Box suspense trilogy was convinced Ian Anderson was in fact a strong Christian. If you listen to the final track, Wind Up, I think Ian's belief is borne out.

Great! I'll have to listen to that again. Thanks, brother! But, I do have some sad news. Let me post it from a personal message with another member and brother here who is also a musician. I'm sure he will understand my sharing this. We both prayed for Ian. 

Here in today's news. This just popped up in my news source search engine. It was published a couple of days ago. This is really sad for me as a big fan. I've seen Jethro Tull 5 times in concert and have lots of vinyl, cassettes, and CDs from them. I missed this broadcast yesterday also. He says, "My days are numbered." Wow. Not good. Anderson was a smoker. 

Ian Anderson: I’m suffering from an incurable lung disease ...

2 days ago · Ian Anderson has revealed he’s suffering from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and was diagnosed with the lung condition a couple of years ago. The Jethro Tull leader makes the comments on the new episode of Dan Rather’s The Big Interview , which will be broadcast tomorrow night (May 13) at 8pm ET on AXS TV .

OIP0CAIIV2Q.jpg.2525b8f025547117277b3520298f85cf.jpg.

Ian Anderson From Jethro Tull 

Edited by BeauJangles

5 hours ago, Henry_iain said:

I wan't all that fond of the strolling bones. But they had some good songs i'll admit. I like 19th nervous breakdown. 

btw, Do you know Strawbs? and Jethro Tull? 

Jethro Tull's Aqualung was one of the first LP's I ever bought.  Black Sabbath 's Paranoid was my first.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Jethro Tull's Aqualung was one of the first LP's I ever bought.  Black Sabbath 's Paranoid was my first.

I have a good majority of Jethro Tull's catalog on vinyl. Transferred them over and remastered them all on Scotch 3M Studio Master cassettes. Professional quality and captured the fine points of vinyl's warmth and brilliance. Wonderful reproductions. Tull's Benefit LP is an all time favorite, as it was the very first exposure I had with the group. Terrific album. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I have a good majority of Jethro Tull's catalog on vinyl. Transferred them over and remastered them all on Scotch 3M Studio Master cassettes. Professional quality and captured the fine points of vinyl's warmth and brilliance. Wonderful reproductions. Tull's Benefit LP is an all time favorite, as it was the very first exposure I had with the group. Terrific album. 

I wish I still had my vinyl, but I do have a number of CDs.  Benefit is one, Living in the Past is another ... and of course, Aqualung, among others.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,682
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Steeleyed span?

Strawbs? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I wish I still had my vinyl, but I do have a number of CDs.  Benefit is one, Living in the Past is another ... and of course, Aqualung, among others.

I'm also attempting to build on my collection of CDs and would like to add to it. Benefit, the classic two sided LP, Thick As A Brick, Minstrel In The Gallery, Storm Watch, and some from the late 1990's. Roots To Branches, and jethrotull.com. Tull released two during the 80's that are on my wish list. Rock Island and Crest Of A Knave. These were also excellent. I've got a really good one with their greatest acoustic numbers and it has an extensive list. I could be wrong but it's about two hours of Tull music. I believe Ian Anderson is an underrated guitarist in my opinion. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Now you guys are mentioning alot of groups I've never heard of!   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Henry_iain said:

Steeleyed span?

Strawbs? 

Yes to both. Neither are in my collection, but I do really like their music. 

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Now you guys are mentioning alot of groups I've never heard of!   

We're veering a bit off-topic by extending out of the realm of the 1960's. I'm Sorry! :b:

• Haha 1