• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,229
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

The high priest of our confession

Jesus is the high priest of our confession. He speaks words before the Father for us. Think of it beloved: 30 years in preparation, 3 ½ years in public ministry, and 2000 years in intersession But we need to activate His ministry by our confession.

Activating his ministry 

The Greek word Confession Hormogolia - This is not a picture of someone who is simply parroting what he has heard, but it’s the confession of your faith. You living the life of the faith that is so pleasing to God. I was meditating on Hebrews 11- the heroes of faith Abraham Moses Joshua Daniel the early Christians Martyr. What did they have in common?  They were strong in faith, strong in spirit, they were all men of prayer, they love not their lives even unto death. And because they had their heart set on eternity they forsook all to become strangers and pilgrims in the earth.  No wonder faith is so pleasing to God.  

Oh I want to be followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promise.

The confession of our faith activates Jesus ministry there in the heavenly sanctuary. He goes before the Father on our behalf: Father, if you count me a friend and a partner receive him as myself. If he has wronged thee put it to my account. Father, look at my nail pierced hand and feet, shall it all go for naught? Father receive him my own heart. Release the blessings of the new covenant upon him: wholeness protection prosperity healing. Having this confidence that you will do more than I ask.

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

13 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

The high priest of our confession

Jesus is the high priest of our confession. He speaks words before the Father for us. Think of it beloved: 30 years in preparation, 3 ½ years in public ministry, and 2000 years in intersession But we need to activate His ministry by our confession.

Activating his ministry 

The Greek word Confession Hormogolia - This is not a picture of someone who is simply parroting what he has heard, but it’s the confession of your faith. You living the life of the faith that is so pleasing to God. I was meditating on Hebrews 11- the heroes of faith Abraham Moses Joshua Daniel the early Christians Martyr. What did they have in common?  They were strong in faith, strong in spirit, they were all men of prayer, they love not their lives even unto death. And because they had their heart set on eternity they forsook all to become strangers and pilgrims in the earth.  No wonder faith is so pleasing to God.  

Oh I want to be followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promise.

The confession of our faith activates Jesus ministry there in the heavenly sanctuary. He goes before the Father on our behalf: Father, if you count me a friend and a partner receive him as myself. If he has wronged thee put it to my account. Father, look at my nail pierced hand and feet, shall it all go for naught? Father receive him my own heart. Release the blessings of the new covenant upon him: wholeness protection prosperity healing. Having this confidence that you will do more than I ask.

Amen, another great post, considering Jesus Christ, and the Brothers and Sisters of their faith even unto death as they lived their lives, but we must continue to go on to perfection, earnestly contending, Thanks. 

Love always, Walter

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

that is true Jesus is the high preist he died for us on the cross,  the shedding of bulls & goats is no longer needed

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1988

Thanks be to God for Our Lord Jesus Christ, THE PERFECT SACRIFICE.. 

• Thumbs Up 2

@PromisesPromises!

Promises the blood speaks for a better word for us in the courts of heaven. But you have to bear in mind that we have an accuser who also stands in the courts of heaven accusing the saints before God day and night. Jesus is there as our defence lawyer. He does not plead that we are guilty. He simply stands in the courts of heaven and say

Farther look at my nailed pieced hand, shall it go all for nought? Case dismissed. I am not guity. If any man  sins we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous. I am sure we all commit sins of omissions daily and are not aware of it. Satan goes to the courts of heaven accusing us becuase he does not want God to bless us. He wants to rob us of our blessings. We need a defence lawyer , a mediator to represent us before the Father.

As for the words in Philemon , yes they are. You have to understand the context of the letter to understand the whole story the holy spirit wanted us to know. I have written a post on it on the forum. If you would care to read it , then one can understand it better. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

@Worship Warriors

A blessing to read, and the teaching of God is manifested....Be blessed as He becomes the more and you less, only more of Him to come and than  to share...

Be blessed in the sharing, a fellow believer, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Yes, I do understand that we have the perfect Advocate in Christ, one we did not earn and do not deserve; yet our Father loves us so much that He planned our defense before we even realized we needed defending.  You are right that our faith and trust in Jesus and His great sacrifice send Him into action on our behalf.  His mercy never comes to an end.  

I was hoping that you would explain more fully why you chose those particular words from Philemon in your original post.  The small book of Philemon in the New Testament is often overlooked, yet it has such a powerful message.  Paul was in prison when he wrote to Philemon, his dear friend and fellow-laborer in Christ.  His letter was a plea (a defense) on behalf of Philemon’s slave, Onesimus.  Apparently, Onesimus had been an unprofitable servant to Philemon, but he had found his way to Paul and helped him tremendously while he was in chains.  Although Paul wanted Onesimus to stay, he knew the right thing to do was to send him back to Philemon...BUT with one major change.  Onesimus was now a believer and like a son to Paul.  Paul’s desire was that Philemon would receive Onesimus back, not as a slave but as a beloved brother in Christ.   That’s WHY Paul said, “If then you count me as a partner, receive him as you would me.  But if he has wronged you or owes anything, put that on my account” (v. 17, 18).   Paul was pleading for Onesimus in a similar way that Jesus pleads for us.  Even though Onesimus may not have been an obedient servant to Philemon, he was valuable to Paul; and Paul knew that as a believer, Onesimus would now be useful to Philemon as well.   

Jesus, of course, is MORE than God’s partner.  He is one with His Father, and He has been where we are.  He truly loves us and freely gave Himself for us. We could have no greater Defender!   

here is the background to Philemon now explained to you:

To understand the message of this letter, you will need to understand the law at the time regarding a runaway slave. Under Roman law, if a slave run away and is caught his owner could have him scourged and crucified to death or be thrown to the wild beast. A runaway slave had nowhere of finding refuge except only in this one instance. That the only reason the slave had run away was, so that he could appeal for advocacy before Paul who is both a friend and partner of his master. A slave who had thus fled to such an intercessor and had asked him to appeal to his master on his behalf would not incur the death penalty of an ordinary escapade. But that slave would be freed as a faithful slave and sometimes would even be adopted into the owner’s family.   

With this in mind we can better understand why Onesimus had run away from his master. It was to seek out for Paul and to request for a plea from his master’s friend and partner to be freed from being a slave and even to be adopted into Philemon’s family. Onesimus was a wise servant. One who at the risk of his own life was willing to go all the way to Rome to find refuge and mercy at the hand of Paul?

Application

There is a parallel between Paul and Onesimus and Jesus and the believer. Paul is a type of Jesus who is an advocate for us at the right hand of the Father. Onesimus is a type of the believer who at the risk of his own life went and finds refuge at the hand of Jesus who is both a friend and co-equal with the Father. Philemon is a type of the Father.

An advocate is a defence lawyer or one who pleads your case in the court of heaven. The judge with whom our advocate pleads is the Father. The accuser of the brethren is Satan.

Our advocate is there in the courts of heaven not only to defend us but He is there also to plead our case before the Father to ensure that all the blessings of the new covenant are enforced in our lives. He is there as the High Priest of our confession.It will take our confession of faith to activate His ministry and his advocacy on our behalf. If Onesimus is a type of the believer and Paul is a type of Jesus who is an advocate for us at the right hand of the Father,

How did Onesimus activate Paul’s ministry?

Onesimus left Colossae to go to the place of encounter in search for Paul. He spend long hours in his search travelling even across the ocean at the risk of his own life. He could have been caught as a runaway slave and be sentenced to death. Philemon was a slave owner. He had many many slaves but only one was willing to risk all to go searching out for Paul. And when he did found Paul, Onesimus spend long hours sitting at the feet of Paul ministering to him. So much that a close bond of friendship had developed between them, Paul refers to him as “my own heart “.

How many of God’s people are willing to be like Onesimus? Leaving all to go to the place of encounter and there to sit at the feet of Jesus for long hours ministering to him , waiting to hear his voice, to know the yearnings of his heart and to become one with His heart transformed into his image and likeness ?

Onesimus was a wise servant who went in search for an advocate and found in Paul more than he could even dreamed of .He returned  back to his master no longer a slave but as one who shared in the inheritance among the brethren.

ps,

you are a very persistent lady Promises.  I love it. Thanks for drawing all this out of me. In the prayer in my post, i have used Paul's pleas prayer because its a type parallel. that's quite scriptural to do so.