Any LEGIT News Source Ideas?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, I'm not looking for a lot of  actual links to anything, or sales pitches- but I would love to know if anyone has found news sources that are legit, not sensationalism (ha, good luck with THAT, these days...), but good, old-fashioned reports about what is actually going on in the world as opposed to op eds and biased malarkey. It would be so nice to actually read something about what is happening, instead of getting this slant or that slant, I just want....the truth.

Anyone?

Edited by Mystic_Pizza

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,786
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Mystic,

When we set up Worthy News ... it's for this very purpose.

This is why we set it up and why.

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Mystic_Pizza

I recommend the youtube channel Jason A, link below. 

Ignore the "clickbait" titles, i don't know why he does that - perhaps to stand out.  However, each video is thoroughly researched, sourced and presented very profeessiinally.

For me, it's my weekly news broadcast to see what is truly going on in the world! (from a prophetic viewpoint). 

https://m.youtube.com/user/NoLife127

Love & Shalom 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 6/2/2020 at 8:39 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

It would be so nice to actually read something about what is happening, instead of getting this slant or that slant, I just want....the truth.

Prophecyupdate.com is usually news from various sources that are somewhat reliable. But fact is, people are people, opinion is always slanted. Shalom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

Prophecyupdate.com is usually news from various sources that are somewhat reliable. But fact is, people are people, opinion is always slanted.

And one other, note some postings are "out there" to say the least, but indeed "some" good info readily available.

beforeitsnews.com 

Shalom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to say, and as much as I would love to be able to find somewhere that is honest, and reports honestly and unbiased, cold, hard reality tells me, 'it just ain't gonna happen', lol.

I guess it comes down to filtering what a person reads...checking facts (definitely checking facts..) where at all possible, using common sense- asking questions (is there a reason something of this nature would be reported? Tin-foil-hat as it sounds, is there any sort of agenda that could be behind it? Who benefits? Etc., etc., ad nauseam...). It's just difficult sometimes- you want to believe that a lot of media reporting is done for...well, information's sake, and it just isn't- and some of the things that are reported are so unbelievable these days, that it doesn't help rational thinking, because it's so 'out there', yet, oftentimes, true.

Trudging on...ever the pessimistic optimist, lol.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,786
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 6/29/2020 at 9:42 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

Sad to say, and as much as I would love to be able to find somewhere that is honest, and reports honestly and unbiased, cold, hard reality tells me, 'it just ain't gonna happen', lol.

Honestly, when we put together Worthy News ... its with the command ... thou shall not bear false witness!

Secondly, the articles are purposely set up not to push any agenda ... except to give readers their prayer points for the day!  

Read this article -- Why Worthy News was established?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

On 6/29/2020 at 10:42 AM, Mystic_Pizza said:

I guess it comes down to filtering what a person reads...checking facts (definitely checking facts..) where at all possible, using common sense- asking questions (is there a reason something of this nature would be reported? Tin-foil-hat as it sounds, is there any sort of agenda that could be behind it? Who benefits? Etc., etc., ad nauseam...). It's just difficult sometimes- you want to believe that a lot of media reporting is done for...well, information's sake, and it just isn't- and some of the things that are reported are so unbelievable these days, that it doesn't help rational thinking, because it's so 'out there', yet, oftentimes, true.

Trudging on...ever the pessimistic optimist, lol.

I agree. It amazes me how many people dont realize this. I often hear "Well I heard it on the news so it must be true" or "It was on the news sooo.." 

1 hour ago, Salvation67 said:

I agree. It amazes me how many people dont realize this. I often hear "Well I heard it on the news so it must be true" or "It was on the news sooo.." 

I can remember roughly 15 years ago when I stopped believing in our news/media/gov.t, etc.- I used to believe that we were an honest, God-fearing, upstanding country- and maybe at one point, we were- wayyyy back. But then I started to expand my horizons a little with friends who lived in Canada, and were telling me the things that their news was reporting and comparing it to what I was seeing, and then, ultimately, what would happen (the Canadian news was apparently a bit more honest than our media here, lol)- at first, I was totally shocked, blindsided, you name it- I just didn't expect that, naive' as it sounds- and then, of course, I was a bit more jaded, a bit more...well, a lot less trusting in what I would see/hear, etc.- sort of sucked, in a way- like finding out Santa isn't real, or something- LOL

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

2 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I can remember roughly 15 years ago when I stopped believing in our news/media/gov.t, etc.- I used to believe that we were an honest, God-fearing, upstanding country- and maybe at one point, we were- wayyyy back. But then I started to expand my horizons a little with friends who lived in Canada, and were telling me the things that their news was reporting and comparing it to what I was seeing, and then, ultimately, what would happen (the Canadian news was apparently a bit more honest than our media here, lol)- at first, I was totally shocked, blindsided, you name it- I just didn't expect that, naive' as it sounds- and then, of course, I was a bit more jaded, a bit more...well, a lot less trusting in what I would see/hear, etc.- sort of sucked, in a way- like finding out Santa isn't real, or something- LOL

Hahahaha! I know what you mean. I learned just how naive I was when I joined the Air Force at 22 years old. I was dumb as a post when it came to real life. But I got educated quick. I learned exactly how government's and politics along with the media really operate. I felt very foolish at what I had believed. Want to learn more about your own country? visit another and compare everything with what you heard on "the news". You will have a different perspective than what you had  before.

• Haha 1