Epilepsy and demonic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just joined So Hello to you all. I am doing some research on the above topic. So in order for it to work I need honest answears as Christian's I know that will be the case. So I am "Epiletic" I have my thoughts on this which my surprise you or may not. So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today. More people comment the better which is obvious.

• Praying! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 6/12/2020 at 5:03 PM, Andrew 37 said:

Belief in possession with Epileptics

In the west you will find very few people who link epilepsy with demon possession. The relative effectiveness of drug treatments etc and the rejection of God as a viable force in medicine have seen to that.

I don't know of any charismatics who claim the two are linked.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 6/12/2020 at 8:03 PM, Andrew 37 said:

Just joined So Hello to you all. I am doing some research on the above topic. So in order for it to work I need honest answears as Christian's I know that will be the case. So I am "Epiletic" I have my thoughts on this which my surprise you or may not. So ware is the Belief in possession with Epileptics Today. More people comment the better which is obvious.

Hello Andrew Brother, first of all welcome to worthy hope you will be blessed and you will enjoy our fellowship here.

Also, thank you and I appreciate you for sharing about yourself as you are an "Epileptic". 

As you are my Brother in Christ, my desire for you is to be healed on that kind of disease.

Remember, in Christ Jesus there is always Healing & Liberty because by the stripes of Jesus Christ we were healed.

Now, allow me to share the scriptures for you kindly meditate well and if you need an assistance just post or you may approach us.

Matthew 17:14-21 NKJV

A Boy Is Healed

14 And when they had come to the multitude, a man came to Him, kneeling down to Him and saying, 15 “Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is [c]an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. 16 So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.”

17 Then Jesus answered and said, “O [d]faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.” 18 And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour.

19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?”

20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your [e]unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. 21 [f]However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Was my post (above) citing Matthew 17 read? Care to comment?

3 hours ago, Josheb said:
6 hours ago, Refresher said:

Hello Andrew Brother, first of all welcome to worthy hope you will be blessed and you will enjoy our fellowship here. Also, thank you and I appreciate you for sharing about yourself as you are an "Epileptic".  As you are my Brother in Christ, my desire for you is to be healed on that kind of disease. Remember, in Christ Jesus there is always Healing & Liberty because by the stripes of Jesus Christ we were healed. Now, allow me to share the scriptures for you kindly meditate well and if you need an assistance just post or you may approach us.

Matthew 17:14-21 NKJV

Was my post (above) citing Matthew 17 read? Care to comment?

Hello Josheb Brother..I am sorry  from the bottom of my heart ... but  to be honest I didn't read your post above because it's too lengthy.

What I only read was the thread of Brother Andrew and immediately the scripture of Matthew 17:14-21 was spoken to my heart.

And yes we are called to love and care people just like Jesus.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,828
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Who me said:

In the west you will find very few people who link epilepsy with demon possession. The relative effectiveness of drug treatments etc and the rejection of God as a viable force in medicine have seen to that.

My epilepsy is caused by scarring on my brain due to either a head injury in a car accident or encephalitis - both when I was a very young child.

I do not see how this is related to demon possession.  I am Christian - I cannot be demon possessed.  

I see God AS a viable force in medicine.  He has given us wisdom, doctors, and meds that I, personally, could not do without.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

16 hours ago, Who me said:

The only group I can think of who may claim they are related is the Christadelphians.

13 hours ago, Jayne said:

My epilepsy is caused by scarring on my brain due to either a head injury in a car accident or encephalitis - both when I was a very young child.

I do not see how this is related to demon possession.  I am Christian - I cannot be demon possessed.  

I see God AS a viable force in medicine.  He has given us wisdom, doctors, and meds that I, personally, could not do without.

That what I said.

You should reply to Andrew37 who started this thread.

7 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

The only group I can think of who may claim they are related is the Christadelphians.

Try replying to the originator of this thread, he is the one asking these questions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Josheb said:

The point made in my op reply is the English word "epilepsy" is not what the Greek manuscripts actually stated in the Matthew 17. Look it up. 

Probably a good idea to repost that item brother as it seems it may have gotten lost in the rather long post you initially made.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

8 hours ago, Who me said:

Try replying to the originator of this thread, he is the one asking these questions.

I did reply to the original post on this thread before posting the one you responded to.

From a Christadelphian site:    "But the context surrounding the use of "demon" language in the Gospels is distinctly medical rather than moral. Symptoms of epilepsy or schizophrenia are described as demon possession. The demons supposedly make people dumb, cause seizures, make people run around naked, scream, cut themselves etc. There's nothing morally wrong with any of these behaviours; they're not part of any great struggle between good and evil. Rather are they expressions of medical conditions. "  http://www.christadelphia.net/rd4-3.htm

The Christadelphians are a cult that denies Jesus is God.   When I googled yesterday,  I did see pentecostals who teaches the same type of nonsense.

Google pentecostal Epilepsy demon or Epilepsy demon charismatic, unfortunately we will find among some of them even today some think that way too.

I know from medical science that Epilepsy is just the brain misfiring. 

Edited by Daniel Marsh
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1