IGNORED

what are the examples of messages of post resurrection messages of prophets?

Daniel Marsh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, Paul James said:

As a matter of interest and information, I automatically reject all unsolicited personal prophecies, because they are most likely to contain a spirit of divination that could attack me in my body and my spirit.   I don't even put the ones that might seem relevant on the back burner because of the same reason.  I keep myself safe by totally and verbally renouncing them, and I would advice others to do the same.

Then what do you do with the passage where Paul tells you NOT to despise prophecy? I will admit that there are false prophets out there, and because of that John tells us to test the spirits by which those prophets (the word also means teachers) to discover whether or not they are speaking by the Holy Spirit, or out of their own carnal minds, or by demons.

• Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

On 1/5/2021 at 11:27 PM, Riverwalker said:

The need for an old Testament style prophet was no longer needed 50 days after the Resurrection, because that is when the Holy Spirit came to all believers. Now we know longer need a man to tell us the will of God, We have God dwelling in us, and speaking to us

But sometimes we do need an echo

Someone to confirm what God is TRYING to tell us.

So there are no Oracles, No Holy men preaching revelations of the Lord

There are people preaching the word, speaking for right and against wrong, and helping the believer whether they require a pat on the back or a boot to the butt ;)

The problem with this kind of mentality, is that "OT style prophets" are still around today. The word in Greek is prophetes, and it defines two distinct types of speaking: fore-telling (future events) and forth-telling, which is basically kind of like preaching, only the person is speaking directly from God (or, to put it in better terms, God is speaking directly through that person in that moment in time).

The problem with thinking that we have God dwelling inside of us, so we can automatically know His will, is that YOU have to be in tune with God, walking in the Spirit, walking in obedience to Him, and sensitive to His voice. The problem here, is that I have not met too many people in my 50 years that walk that closely with God.

This is also why God has given teachers to the church (Eph. 4:11-14) even after giving us the Spirit...because more times than not, people do not want to hear what God is telling them, therefore we have teachers. 

As far as the claim that there are no oracles speaking revelations of the Lord, if you mean revelation of new information that is supposed to be akin to Scripture, then you are correct. But if you mean that I cannot speak to you what God has told me, for your benefit so that you can correct your behavior...then you are out on a limb and about to fall out of the tree!

Blessings!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 8/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, SwordMaster said:

Then what do you do with the passage where Paul tells you NOT to despise prophecy? I will admit that there are false prophets out there, and because of that John tells us to test the spirits by which those prophets (the word also means teachers) to discover whether or not they are speaking by the Holy Spirit, or out of their own carnal minds, or by demons.

True prophecy should always be valued by us, because it exhorts, comforts, and builds us up in our most holy faith in Christ.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 11/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, Paul James said:

When God has spoken directly to His prophets, it was recorded as Holy Scripture.  Therefore, the person who gave these prophecies is saying God is speaking directly through him.  Therefore, he is saying that God is giving him extra Scripture, but there is a problem with that, because Proverbs 30:6: "Do not add to his words,
    or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar."

Also, the interesting thing is that the content of the prophecies concerning the higher spiritual life is not found in the New Testament.   That shows a difficulty with these prophecies, and casts doubt as to whether these prophecies are really from the Lord, or are just theological statements by the person couched in "prophetic" form.   If they actually are theological statements by the person, then purporting that God is speaking directly through him is essentially taking the Lord's name in vain, which is a violation of the Commandment.

Paul teaches that all New Testament prophecy is to be judged, and this is my judgment of it.

`There is a  high life, saith the Lord, a life that is lived above the small things & the selfish things of this terrestrial plane, & it is My will for those who are elect according to the foreknowledge of your God, to live the high life. When you are doing so all your turnings in life will have an upward direction; all your movements in life will have a Godward tendency, & My purpose concerning you will thus be fulfilled.`

In scripture the apostle Paul refers to this life as Christ`s life with in us.

`I press towards the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

`Set your mind on things above, not on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.` (Col. 3: 2 & 3)

`For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.` (Phil. 1: 21)

`If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.` (Gal. 5: 25) 

`For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son...` (Rom. 8: 29)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 8/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, SwordMaster said:

Paul's instruction is to test all things and hold fast to that which is good.   A good prophecy will point to Jesus who is all in all.  A prophecy that points to me or anyone else other than Jesus is not good and therefore should be rejected as divination and not true prophecy.  The Scripture says that it is the testimony of Jesus that is the spirit of prophecy.  True prophecy that points to Jesus is in the spirit of the Bible, in that the whole Bible points to Jesus.  He showed that to the two disciples at Emmaeus.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

It is my understanding that there are two types of prophets, or they serve two different functions. Those being a foretelling of the future, and also the uplifting of the church Fellowship

On 9/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, Paul James said:

Paul's instruction is to test all things and hold fast to that which is good.   A good prophecy will point to Jesus who is all in all.  A prophecy that points to me or anyone else other than Jesus is not good and therefore should be rejected as divination and not true prophecy.  The Scripture says that it is the testimony of Jesus that is the spirit of prophecy.  True prophecy that points to Jesus is in the spirit of the Bible, in that the whole Bible points to Jesus.  He showed that to the two disciples at Emmaeus.

I guess the p r o p h e t s of Revelations are going to be in trouble then because they're going to be bringing frogs, fire and hail and about everything else you can imagine. I'm not exactly sure how talking about frogs leads to Jesus. Lol

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

1 hour ago, Dirt Eaters said:

I guess the p r o p h e t s of Revelations are going to be in trouble then because they're going to be bringing frogs, fire and hail and about everything else you can imagine. I'm not exactly sure how talking about frogs leads to Jesus. Lol

Agreed the book of Revelation is prophetic book that was written very similar to OT prophetic writings that pronounced coming judgements, call to repentance, and exhortations all in one.

• 1 month later...

On 7/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

Thank You both

Dimitri Determan, a man that was born in Romania. Was given Visions about America, experienced a lot of hardships from the Russians and the Lord led him to come to America and preach. 

I found his story to be really inspiring

• This is Worthy 1