Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

"One time I was preaching in the North Shore Baptist Church in Chicago. The superintendent of the Sunday school and a deacon in the church was James L. Kraft, founder of the great Kraft Food Corporation. After the service I was a guest in the Kraft home. Mr. Kraft related that as a young man he had a desire to be the most famous manufacturer and salesman of cheese in the world.

As a young fellow, he had a pony named Paddy and a little buggy. He would make his cheese, put it in the buggy, and drive Paddy down the streets of Chicago selling his cheese. The days and months passed, and the young man began to despair. He was working hard and long with no success. One day he pulled the pony to a stop and began to talk to him, “Paddy, something is wrong. Our priorities are not where they ought to be. Maybe we ought to serve God, give ourselves to Him, and work as hard as we can; then God will help us. So Paddy, let us give ourselves to God and place Him first in our lives.” Mr. Kraft said that he drove the buggy home and there made a covenant that the rest of his life he would serve God first and then work as God would direct.

Many years later I was in a vast convocation in Washington, D.C., in which the speaker, James L. Kraft, said, “I had rather be a layman in the North Shore Baptist Church in Chicago than to head the greatest corporation in America. My first job is serving Jesus.” If people would live like that, I believe they could change the whole course of civilization."

....Pastor Criswell

"But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you."  Luke12:31

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

You would think he would insist on making good  quality cheese? He was successful, but really, Kraft is at the bottom. I wonder if he bothered to even try to sell his cheese in France, where when you go in a grocery store, most people have several types of cheese in their carts - lots _ and all good cheese. Maybe he should have just been a layman?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

His daddy has taught him skill to make a living.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,200
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I agree with the pastor, rumour is that Billy Graham was offered a position in the american government, his wife told him similar words to what the pastor has spoken. She motivated him to stay a preacher. I am sure Billy was a blessing to many people all over the world literally. My grandmother said he was a blessing to her.