IGNORED

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/24/2020 at 5:19 AM, Justin Adams said:

It is called freedom. That is the reason. And the LBGTQ lobby is way too powerful anyway.

You might ask, 'why did God not ban sin?' Same reason, freedom.

Freedom doesn't include the right to do what's wrong. That's what rights are for: doing what's right only! Freedom is having many options in doing what's right instead of being constrained to one right thing only. For example, having the option to select who your wife is instead of her being selected for you since birth is a form of freedom we enjoy in the western world that is a right thing, not wrong. Being allowed to commit murder on the other hand is not freedom since it's wrong.

Also, the lobby you speak of is not powerful at all. Its power comes from Satan, meaning not true power, yet stolen through people's sins. By identifying the sin and putting a stop to it, their power is completely extinguished. Allowing the sin on the other hand is you giving up your own power to them. I never give up my power to Satan. My power is from God and is reserved for what God deems as good only. May God bless you with God's true power that overcomes all!

Edited by Andy Maleh

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Andy Maleh said:

Freedom doesn't include the right to do what's wrong. That's what rights are for: doing what's right only! Freedom is having many options in doing what's right instead of being constrained to one right thing only. For example, having the option to select who your wife is instead of her being selected for you since birth is a form of freedom we enjoy in the western world that is a right thing, not wrong. Being allowed to commit murder on the other hand is not freedom since it's wrong.

Freedom is FREE. Slice it or dice it any way you wish. It is still FREE. Like any tool, it may be misused or not. All of God's created beings have freedom. It is the WAY He designed it. Only humans make robots.

Edited by Justin Adams

23 hours ago, Eddy Crocker said:

There’s allot of Christians and people that want to protest or to ban or make a law against things that are wrong. I understand their feelings why doing this. I agree there may be allot of things I don’t like, disagree with and think are wrong. But to ban, protest and make a law against the problem will not work because it doesn’t get to the root of why these people are committing these wrongs in the first place.

Religion try’s to condemn the fruits and try to enact a law to try to stop them surfacely, But Jesus gets to the root of the tree in why it’s producing bad fruits in the first place. We need to speak to the root of the problem with theses people which is a lack of the kingdom of God within them.  Any lack of the kingdom can be a breeding ground for sin and things that are contrary to scripture. I think it’s a waste of time dealing with surface things. It may look Spiritual or good on the surface but it profits nothing but more resistance towards what is wrong.

Freedom of the will is what God wants whether someone uses their freedom to build up the kingdom or to use their freedom to try to tear down the kingdom. Everyone has the freedom to do right or wrong. Only they themselves will have to deal with the consequences of their own actions eventually when it’s all said and done.

Exactly, I am proposing the "consequences" you speak of, whether it's jail time, spiritual guidance, filling someone's time with beneficial activities for society, or simply providing true love from God as opposed to lust from Satan.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

the president does not have the authority to do that......  why do we separate homosexuality and adultery?  both are wrong and will send a person to hell. 

God gave us freewill and we live in a free society guaranteed by a governing constitution.   it does not damage me if someone wants to lead a gay lifestyle so we don't have laws against it.  instead of complaining about the laws we should lovingly should convince them of what they are doing is against Gods wishes and give them their free will. 

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Freedom is FREE. Slice it or dice it any way you wish. It is still FREE. Like any tool, it may be misused or not. All of God's created beings have freedom. It is the WAY He designed it. Only humans make robots.

Freedom can be restricted by Satan unless we follow God's word. In fact, it is because I love people who practice homosexuality that I am proposing abolishing it. They are NOT FREE! They are slaves to their false Satan-inspired desires. That is simply a misfiring of God's gift of being able to conceive and rear children with love.

I just added the following to my response above:

"Also, the lobby you speak of is not powerful at all. Its power comes from Satan, meaning not true power, yet stolen through people's sins. By identifying the sin and putting a stop to it, their power is completely extinguished. Allowing the sin on the other hand is you giving up your own power to them. I never give up my power to Satan. My power is from God and is reserved for what God deems as good only. May God bless you with God's true power that overcomes all!"

20 hours ago, furrychristian said:

You shouldn't make laws based off solely religious principles. Murder, rape, etc are not only bad on religious grounds, they actually hurt people. There is no reason outside of religion to think that homosexuality is bad.

People wish a lot of things, but unfortunately they didn't create the world. God did and gave everyone a choice. The path of God's word or the path of Satan. 

Also, what part of this is not bad exactly? "they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people"

20 hours ago, DDisconnect said:

I might upset a few here by saying this, but I doubt Trump is a Christian, or at least he's a "religious" one. Politians are like racecars, they wear what they're supporters stick onto them. If the sticker wins them support, they wear it - if the sticker is unpopular, they toss it aside and apologize, if they can even still keep their office. You can see this with Clinton - She used to be against homosexuality back in the day but boy did she change her tune real quick when it started gaining ground. A good number of Christians back Trump, as well as a good number of Christians on both left and right, in America in general. Thus why he wears the sticker imo. As to why he has not and likely won't make any kind of move against homosexuality is that the LGBTQ+ community is large and seemingly growing every day, as well as the number of "allies" the community has. If he did step up like that, the rug would be pulled out from under him. As well as to mention the few conservative homosexuals out there who support him as well.

The debate about whether we should weigh in on mortal law is... Tricky. On the one hand, yes, it doesn't really get to the heart of the sinner, it only forces them to cloak it. At the same time, a law also prevents it from being normalized and from having to witness it as often as one might - at least when something is illegal, it's done in secret; out of sight, out of mind kind of deal. To me, it's not so much that it needs to be illegalized, so much as the social support needs to be altered. Not to revert to a previous state of hate and violence but instead one that seeks to help the homosexual, either in terms of cure or in terms of becoming celibate. NOT in permissiveness. That and it just seems counterproductive to toss someone in jail for being a homosexual when... Well, you know what happens in prison, which is purely separated by gender. It's like a free ticket to let loose, really. 

I disagree with you. President Trump is most certainly a Christian as demonstrated by many of his noble Christian actions. Still, he is not a God's prophet, so he makes mistakes like everybody else, and can benefit from all the help we can give him to keep the USA sailing on the best course possible.

Edited by Andy Maleh

20 hours ago, Coliseum said:

The Christian is called out of the world. He is merely a man who lives in the world, but he not of the world. Trump could do no more for the world than Christ did before he was crucified. "No servant is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also." As a Christian forcing Christian values on a nation whose God-given values is to have the right to choose, he wouldn't stand a chance. Jesus didn't do it; altering things on the outside is doing no more than obeying a law, but it cannot change the heart. The law does not change a man on the inside; it kills him because it heightens the desire to sin, not diminishes it. "For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death." (Romans 7:5)

Describing whether Trump is a Christian is like a Psychiatrist determining the mental status of a man at a distance. Imagine you getting a phone call from the office of a shrink telling you that the doctor, who has never spoken with you or met you, thinks you are unfit to live with your family and whose authority is coming to put you in an institution? Let me know whether that man comes out a loving and kind person.

So you claim President Trump is lying about being a Christian? So you are doing the very exact thing you are denouncing?

" Trump could do no more for the world than Christ did before he was crucified."

Every believer knows that Christ could have stayed if he wanted to as God has the power to do anything he wants. However, he had to go precisely because the Jews of that time wanted an earthly king, not a heavenly one. They were too attached to the pride behind their rituals instead of the good that comes through them from God to others. They had to be taught a lesson, and thus God took Jesus Christ's life away and brought him to heaven as a lesson in humility.

President Trump may not be compared to Jesus Christ. He is not a prophet. Also, God is still with us. As such, he may choose to grant any man the power needed to serve his people. May God bless President Trump and the USA.

Edited by Andy Maleh

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Andy Maleh said:

Freedom can be restricted by Satan unless we follow God's word

Do you not understand the Deut 32 worldview? Read Psalm 82 and see How the Lord indicted them to 'all die like men'.

After Babel God gave His Sons charge over the 70 nations. Territorial Spirits. He then rescinded that authority at the Cross. That is why Paul was sent to the gentiles after the Pentecost outpourings.

It is not just haSatan and Satan (proper noun) that we are dealing with. Principalities and Powers in high places are numerous. To ascribe all evil to the haSatan figure no doubt feeds his narcissistic love of self, but like most Believers, they have never been taught a supernatural worldview and so are stymied in their lack of knowledge. This is the evil powers' doing and we should be cognisant of it all.

20 hours ago, Willa said:

Our bill of rights bans discrimination against race, creed, gender and national origin.  But past president Obama said, Oh, that means homosexual as well, and passed laws accordingly and expanded it as well.  Should the liberals control the next election it will only get worse.  Instead of more freedom for those who make decisions according to faith and  conscience they will be labeled as discriminating against perversion..  Presidents aren't supposed to make laws.  Congress is supposed to do that.  Even our governors are creating laws now, even when it is contrary to the expressed vote of the people.  They have even constructed the laws so that it is impossible to be exempt from them for religious reasons.  We are becoming a dictatorship.

The bill of rights can have mistakes as it is made by fallible people after all, and to err is human.

Obama disappointed me greatly with some of his actions. May God bless him and forgive him for his misdeeds.

• Thumbs Up 1