IGNORED

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

What I find interesting is that none of the instructions left in the new testament, none of them, tell us to get involved in the government or change the laws.

Tell that to the original founders and patriots of the USA. They died so we might be free. Do not disparage their sacrifices. Freedom is not free.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Tell that to the original founders and patriots of the USA. They died so we might be free. Do not disparage their sacrifices. Freedom is not free.

And one of the principles we are founded on is freedom of religion

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, furrychristian said:

And one of the principles we are founded on is freedom of religion

And bought at such a great cost to the original europeans that were killed for their beliefs and sought a new homeland in the USA. Britain and other countries did not like the American freedom. They still do not...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

36 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

What I find interesting is that none of the instructions left in the new testament, none of them, tell us to get involved in the government or change the laws. Rather we are told that we are only sojourners in this world, that it is not our home, and that Jesus' kingdom is not of this world

Nevertheless, the laws that are made (whoever makes them) should be according to God's revealed will.  I expect that this will be less and less the case, in the near future; but I'm referring to what people ought to do, not what they will do.

There have been many Christians who have a made a real difference in politics, e.g. William Wilberforce was instrumental in bringing an end to slavery in the British Empire, as it was at the time.  I would not recommend Christians to go into politics; but those who are in it can do some good.

32 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

And bought at such a great cost to the original europeans that were killed for their beliefs and sought a new homeland in the USA. Britain and other countries did not like the American freedom. They still do not...

Britain also has freedom of religion, as do almost all the European countries.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, David1701 said:

Nevertheless, the laws that are made (whoever makes them) should be according to God's revealed will.  I expect that this will be less and less the case, in the near future; but I'm referring to what people ought to do, not what they will do.

There have been many Christians who have a made a real difference in politics, e.g. William Wilberforce was instrumental in bringing an end to slavery in the British Empire, as it was at the time.  I would not recommend Christians to go into politics; but those who are in it can do some good.

I believe that we, as citizens of a nation, do have a civic responsibility and that this reality is left to the conscience of the individual.

We are in the world and not of the world, but does this mean we should 'ignore' the world?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Guess we will have to continue to disagree on this.

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

I believe that we, as citizens of a nation, do have a civic responsibility and that this reality is left to the conscience of the individual.

We are in the world and not of the world, but does this mean we should 'ignore' the world?

I agree with this; however, we must be careful not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers (no, it doesn't only refer to marriage) and, in a political party, this could be very difficult.  Running as an independent candidate is possible.  I'm not sure how this would work in the U.S.A., but it's quite easy to do here (you could try to become a councillor, or a Member of Parliament, without joining a party, there are also a couple of very minor Christian parties here).

All credit to you, if you are able to ignore the world; I know that I can't.

9 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

Guess we will have to continue to disagree on this.

What do you disagree with.  Do you disagree with basing laws on what God says is right?  Do you think that some of them should be contrary to what God says is right (because that is the alternative)?

9 minutes ago, furrychristian said:

Guess we will have to continue to disagree on this

You are living and using the benefits of those who gave their lives.

If you do not like our freedoms, maybe go to Africa. I have a friend there in constant fear of being butchered...