The throne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

We need to enthrone Christ as our Lord and Master in our Hearts.  We need to obey His Spirit now.  This person supposes that Christ has no throne in heaven.  But His Father gave Him a Name which is above every Name and gave Him a  throne at His right hand in heaven.  The throne in Jerusalem has not yet been that of the Son of David, but Jesus will someday occupy that throne as well.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

That "christian piece" is incorrect. I encourage you not to consider that source veracious and be as critical of that source in the furutre of all that you read, including what you may now read from me. I wouldn't mind knowing that source, btw. 

In acts 2 Peter is preaching under the influence of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and in his "sermon" he cites a number of the OT prophets both explicitly and implicitly reporting what they had prophesied was coming true right then and there at that time in the first century. Peter specifically mentions the Davidic thrown and states something quite remarkable, something that had not been understood for hundreds of years despite all those centuries of examining the prophets. Peter states when God told David one of David's descendants would have an endless reign  He was speaking of the resurrection of Christ! In other words, God/David was NOT speaking of an earthly throne! 

Do now please stop reading this post and get out your Bible, turn to Acts 2 and read verses 14 through 46, especially verse 31 to verify what I just wrote.

Now, having that knowledge in hand - scriptural truth right straight out of God's word as written and plainly read - not that Peter goes on to state Jesus ascended and is now seated at God's right hand. Now, I assume you're familiar with the phrase "at my right hand" and understand it is an idiom indicating power and authority and is not a literal geographic location literally to the right of God's own throne. If you're not familiar with that idiom just let me know and I'll walk you through the relevant scriptures. Assuming you are familiar with that phrase I'd like you now to look at two other passages, Revelation 3:21 and Psalm 110:1. In Revelation 3 we see John's vision includes a stament by Christ in which he reports he is already seated on his Father's throne. In Psalm 110:1 you will read Jesus is seated at his Father's right hand until his enemies are made a footstool. In other words, if Jesus is coming back, or when Jesus returns he won't be doing it until after ALL his enemies have been subdued. 

But that is not a view held by many in Christendom because their eschatology, not the Bible tells them to believe that way. They also incorrectly believe that view is the majority view because it is very popular but it is neither the majority view nor the view historically held by the Church. 

As far as this particular article goes, the statement referenced is incorrect and I trust you can see the verses cited prove it incorrect.

Thanks for that insightful answer to my question, I had my concern when I read it and I must say, the Christian community here is amazing. Thanks to everyone that contributed. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/26/2020 at 8:42 AM, ChrisRizzy said:

I read from a christian piece this morning that says  "There is a kingless throne in Jerusalem and a throneless King in heaven." I just want to know, is there truly a throneless king in heaven? Please someone should throw more light on this and help me understand it. 

Thank you. 

I think it could be referring to Jesus, he isnt king of the Jews yet officially, he is just by title, that will happen in the second coming. If he was king of the Jews then all the Jews would accept him and he would be in Israel as king. It could be literal. The second part of being a throne less king in heaven, could mean that Jesus is a king but he hasnt received his throne as a king of the saints. The saints have not been judged yet. It could also be referring to the second coming too. Even in heaven Jesus is more of a priest than a king, as he intercedes on behalf of us to the father. What is very interesting is the Holy spirit does the same thing.