• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Josheb said:

Here's an even simpler more scriptural point for you: measure everything by God's correctly-rendered word. You, dhchristian, might start with Proverbs 26:17.

And You may want to read 1 Cor. 3:18-23....

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

To all reading, refer to the temptation of Christ in the Wilderness. 

For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. (Luke 4:10-12)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Brothers---please stop with the back and forth insults subtle or otherwise and stick to the topic.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

Irrelevant. 

Eschatology was unnecessary for this op. 
The matter of maturity in Christ does not require the imposition of eschatology because it applicable to all believers of all times. 
You have not practiced your own op. 

That shows the motive is not for me. 

I didn't plan the discussion to go this way but it is revealing. If God did give you a message to take to others this is not how He expects you to deliver it. 

Brother, is this not my OP? Can I not, if I decide to do so, tie it in to the soon coning of Jesus? You can choose to ignore my post, or simply discuss the main premise, which is not end time events. 

You seem fixated however on  my belief that Jesus will return soon and therefore cannot understand the main message I have been asked to share. It is simply my choicecto do so. Tour choice is to ignore my post altogether or simply discuss the main jist of it, that children of God can live free from falling to the devil's attacks and rhat this is accomplished by an act of faith, truly believing that the old us IS dead. 

As to how I am expected to share this glorious truth,  God is able to correct how I am sharing it, is He not? Simply pray that I listen. I certainly want to do it in a way that it pleases our Father.   

be blessed, dear brother

Gids

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

That is not an answer to the question asked, Gideon.  Why the delay and subterfuge? Just answer the question! It is not my intent to sabotage this op - you are the one taking it further and further afield! Just answer the questions!

Are you in a position of pastoral leadership here in Worthy? In your life outside of Worthy are you an apostle, evangelist, prophet, pastor, or teacher in an official capacity? 

All I can say is I was visited by God miraculously 14 years ago. He opened my eyes to what I had missed that had caused me to struggle with sin and lack of fruits of the Spirit. He asked me to share with those who  are His children. I have done so, and by the grace of God, I will continue to do so . 

Is this the conventional 'go to seminary and get ordained by others in the hierarchy' route to ministry? No. There is your answer. There is no delay, no subterfuge, as you suggest. I try to be an open book. I fear you  are just offended by what my book is saying. I pray at some point that  is not the case in the future.

be blessed,

Gids 

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

Here's an even simpler more scriptural point for you: measure everything by God's correctly-rendered word. You, dhchristian, might start with Proverbs 26:17.

And may I assume that you are convinced that your understanding is the 'correctly-rendered' one? Are you open to being corrected in your understanding? Paul was. Peter was. Yes, we must not be wishy washy, but if God appears to you, or if the Spirit within reveals to you that the truth is not as you have understood it in  the past, are you willing to re-think things? After all, is that not the essence of what repentance actually means? 

Josh, I mean no harm. However, this post is drifting off its intended purpose, and it is too important a subject to let it be sidetracked.  Can we stick to the subject matter of the OP ? I would really appreciate it.  

thanks, 

Gideon

49 minutes ago, Josheb said:

A blood-covered former dead man purchased, made alive, and washed clean in Christ by his Holy Spirit. A man prepared to apply the gospel victoriously over all that God brings each day. 

Great answer. We are in agreement.

We are promised that a good tree WILL produce good fruits, amen?  So, how can we be assured what wecthink we are looking at in the mirror is not a distorted image? how does our view of ourselves translate into our daily life? Our walk with our brothers in Christ? Our ability to resist satan when we are tempted to sin? Our ability to see fruits abound in our lives?

It is in our honestly answering these questions that we can determine if we are seeing us, with doctrines as our support, but still as old natured people bound by sin and self or if we are actually seeing Christ in us, where we are actually set free to live our our doctrines.

blessings, 

Gideon

My desire is to share the Father's point of view. I wish to always, minute by minute, see myself as He does--'In Christ'.

Having said that as an answer to your question, I believe that the Way is by----- "Heb. 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In my experience, focusing on 'self' as a matter of course (not an examination that we are admonished to do for a specific reason) is not productive, but looking to Him and the finished work that has been imputed to me--is what has been most helpful in 'walking' in victory in practical ways.

This is that 'reckoning'. I like that word because it is an accounting of a thing. 1+2+3=6.

God has done a thing 'In Christ' and included myself and all my brethren. We are set 'free' by knowing these things.

39 minutes ago, Alive said:

My desire is to share the Father's point of view. I wish to always, minute by minute, see myself as He does--'In Christ'.

Having said that as an answer to your question, I believe that the Way is by----- "Heb. 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In my experience, focusing on 'self' as a matter of course (not an examination that we are admonished to do for a specific reason) is not productive, but looking to Him and the finished work that has been imputed to me--is what has been most helpful in 'walking' in victory in practical ways.

This is that 'reckoning'. I like that word because it is an accounting of a thing. 1+2+3=6.

God has done a thing 'In Christ' and included myself and all my brethren. We are set 'free' by knowing these things.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have shared. We all have a "self" image.  If we see ourselves as sinners, still old-natured people, slowly becoming new ones,  we will walk still in defeat. If however we see ourselves as truly new creatures with new natures, and yield ourselves to God "as those who are alive from the dead, to our amazement and delight, the promises of  God begin to be fulfilled in us.

The acid test of how we see ourselves is how we react when temptations arise. Do we resist him, steadfast in the faith, and watch as he flees from us. 

In Hebrews, we are told that if the blood of bulls and goats had actually been able to cleanse us of sin, we would have no more consciousness of sin. But we have the precious blood of Jesus as our sacrifice. And properly applied by faith, believing the old us actually died when He died, we are to have that exact mentality. No more consciousness of sins. Praise you Lord! 

This is our blessing of walking as new creatures. It does not lead to  pride  but a far deeper humility, know who we were. Glory! 

blessings and thanks for shring, Alive

Gids

8 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I agree wholeheartedly with what you have shared. We all have a "self" image.  If we see ourselves as sinners, still old-natured people, slowly becoming new ones,  we will walk still in defeat. If however we see ourselves as truly new creatures with new natures, and yield ourselves to God "as those who are alive from the dead, to our amazement and delight, the promises of  God begin to be fulfilled in us.

The acid test of how we see ourselves is how we react when temptations arise. Do we resist him, steadfast in the faith, and watch as he flees from us. 

In Hebrews, we are told that if the blood of bulls and goats had actually been able to cleanse us of sin, we would have no more consciousness of sin. But we have the precious blood of Jesus as our sacrifice. And properly applied by faith, believing the old us actually died when He died, we are to have that exact mentality. No more consciousness of sins. Praise you Lord! 

This is our blessing of walking as new creatures. It does not lead to  pride  but a far deeper humility, know who we were. Glory! 

blessings and thanks for shring, Alive

Gids

I wonder @Gideon if you realize that a great many believers the world over have known these things. That the Lord has raised up teachers all through the centuries that teach these things and that a great many also, have been shown these Truths via scripture study and the Holy Spirit and have had not only the head knowledge, but also the 'experiential' knowledge?

It is true that much has been lost to/in various organizations, but that the Lord has always had those that walk in Him. It is also true that over the last 100 years or so, much of this has been 'restored' to a wide swath of christendom. It is not a new thing.