• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Hmm ... this sounds suspiciously like WoF teaching - I hope not.

Our faith is to be in the Lord Jesus Christ, not in whom we have become.  Yes, we are new creatures; but we are to LOOK AWAY to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, trusting in HIM, to work in us, to will and to do of His good pleasure.

And when satan comes tempting in your area of weakness, how is that working out for you? 

Tge principles of the Word of Faith movement are true principles. However, they have chosen to apply it to material blessings, rather than eliminating the old man that seeks such rudimentary things. Do not let prejudices against misuse  of truth poison your mind  to the truths themselves. 

blessings, 

Gids

• Well Said! 1

Just now, Josheb said:

Says who? 

I, for one, am quite ready. Every Christian with whom I routinely associate is likewise ready. So who is the "we" to whom you're referring? and what's evidence they are not ready?

Just now, Josheb said:

Says who? 

I, for one, am quite ready. Every Christian with whom I routinely associate is likewise ready. So who is the "we" to whom you're referring? and what's evidence they are not ready?

Brother, the Lord sees our lukewarmness and weeps. The world sees our religious going-through-the-motions and laughs at our hypocrisy. The demons see our lack of purity and desire for holiness and pat one another on the back for a job well done. And yet, even as the scriptures foretell, we do not have eyes  to see our half-hearted condition and instead recoil in show of astonishment saying "What sin? Tell us what we have done?" Praise God, all that is finally coning to an end. 

We, dear brother are to be the light of the world. Yet we keep them well hidden, on low beam. What does God say as to when those lost in the world yet hungry for light will finally be  drawn to Christ?  When will the full final harvest begin? When He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes. (Ezek.36)

When His own  cry out for hearts that truly obey Him, for lives that bear witness of Him, for fruits that bring honor to Him, then He will move upon us and we shall see His bride arise in glory and power. But until we break, and can admit that we are healed but only slightly, we will continue on in our running religious laps, ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth that we have a form of godliness, but our lives, our treasures, our time is OURS.  Thus, we are denying the power of God to a world desperate in need of seeing it not just talked about but displayed. 

blessings, 

Gids

19 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Hmmmm... 

Sure you want to stick with that statement? I want to make sure before I address it. 

I'm not supposed to trust my understanding of scripture. But I am, apparently supposed to trust you. Or is it I am not supposed to trust my understanding of scripture but I am supposed to trust your understanding of scripture? And is it being insinuated I have a carnal mind?

Do please feel free to be fully forthcoming with the meaning of your words, just do so within the bounds of the tou. 

As long as a man is walking as an old creature, even though he has been made new, he cannot have his mind renewed. This is why there are 500+ denominations full of brilliant educated men, all understanding the Bible differently. 

I am not asking you or any to trust me. Simply take the verses I share before the Lord and ask Him if He desires to deliver us from evil, or simply to pardon us while we continue to be ruled by  temptations that almost always seem to find  their mark. I am asking you and all God's children to actually believe what He has promised us, that He can and will keep us from falling when we are tempted to disobey. 

Where has our "each one doing what is right in their own eyes" gotten us? The church as we know it is a modern version of the tower of Babel, each group speaking a different doctrinal language with a different understanding of what God is trying to convey to us. 

Until a man or woman breaks and admits that all of their knowledge, their understanding, their intellect, their spirituality has not succeeded in bringing godly character or spiritual fruits to the surface that will draw others to Christ, they cannot believe they are new creatures.

We all ARE new, but until we can mix that truth with faith, it will profit us nothing. We will thus lean upon our own understanding, and continue to eat from the tree of knowledge rather than the tree of life.

blessings,

Gideon 

• Well Said! 1

The evidence is the lives of His children. You shall know them by their fruits, amen? He word says we are to walk holy before the Lord, as living sacrifices, and that sin shall not have dominion over us. It declares we are not to love the world, nor the things in the world. Paul exhorts us to bring every thought into subjection to Him. Most do not beleive it possible to bring every action into obedience, let alone every thought. 

So what is the issue? Is the bar set too high? Or, have we limited the Holy One with our unbelief? 

Some things should be self-evident. But far too many have eyes to see, but see not, and ears to hear, but they cannot hear. Yet. ?

blessings, 

Gids

6 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Who here does not mix that truth with faith?

The acid test is this.

When satan comes tempting us to disobey, big or small, do we resist him steadfast in rhe faith and he ends up fleeing from us,  or do we give us, get forgiven, never question why we are not able to overcome, and run another lap in the wilderness only to repeat the entire cycle again.... and yet again. 

Thank God, even now, He is opening up he eyes of hungry saints everywhere to the birthright He has purchased for us and its amazing benefits. 

Who will finally fully mix truth with faith? The one who  cannot livecanother day imprisoned by a self- lovong nature that refuses to bow to God in all rhings. 

blessings, 

Gids

58 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Yes, the word "near" does mean near but the prophetic "near" of the New Testament mentions of "near," was in the first century. The word "near" never means many multiple centuries from now. I have showed you how scripture teaches the "last days" were in the first century. Would you also like me to show you how "near" is also a first century condition? I can do that. There are plenty of scriptures available to illustrate and prove the matter. I'm glad to take the time to post it. Just let me know. 

Otherwise, if you're going to say, "we who are washed clean and made new need to continually put on the new man because I, Gideon, believe Jesus' second coming is near, then I encourage you to be that explicit with future ops. 

Because we all know you're going to post this sort of thing again. 

And again. 

And again. 

And again. 

That still doesn't answer the question why eschatology had to be mixed with pneumatology or soteriology. If the op is about the second advent then don't these ops better belong in the eschatology board? 

What I share, the message of reckoning our old nature as dead, stands alone.It could be preached any timecto any believer. 

However, it becomes a far more important subject when the shakings are beginning to be manifested, and Christians need to know there is a place of safety so that they can stay safe, kept by the power of God through faith.   

I know you do not adhere to my view of the second coming. So may I suggest simply ignoring my references to it, and keeping your mind on the main premise.... who do we see when we look in the mirror? 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

8 hours ago, Gideon said:

Was Romans 7 Paul's testimony as He lived out his ministry in taking his own 'land of promise'? Or was it something he had to pass through, his wilderness of unbelief, until a thorough hatred for his old nature was worked into him? Until his nature that could not fully yield or fully believe God's  promises was exposed so he finally could do the one thing he could do to be freed. of its grip? And what was this last obstacle to escaping Romans 7 to live out his life in the joy of Romans 8? 

Reckon his old man as dead by an act of recklessly audacious  faith

Remember, the Paul of Romans 7 bemoaned the fact that the things he wanted to do, he could not do. But this same man declared later "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me".  The actions  he longed to avid but could not in Romans 7? Later, he was not only keeping his body under but taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ! 

We have stumbled in unbelief, dear brother. We have limited the Holy One of Israel. But God has assured me, all that is fixing to  be changed. And it will be GLORIOUS! ?

blessings, 

Gideon

I see myself  older and wiser.  Good health and thankful to God for all His Gifts.  I don't over think things like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Josheb said:

Because it can be preached any time to any believer it is unnecessary to make it eschatological, and I encourage an examination of why it is believed that has to be slipped in secretly. The truth "has been available to any desperate enough to believe it, right now or fifteen hundred years ago," so it is unnecessary to secretly make it eschatological, impose a given view of end times upon the otherwise timeless precepts, or force that view on others in order to receive (and discuss) what is otherwise common to all believers in all times. 

A Majority of Christians are premillenialists, I take it from what you have written here you are an Amillenialist or a Preterists. You would do better speaking of these things on the Prophecy and eschatology Forums here instead of the general discussion forum... This is not the Place for it. 

The Hubris of your last question to Gideon astounds me.... We are each called to Preach the Gospel and this is not exclusive to some intelligentsia or hierarchy of the church. We each have a mission field, whether that be as small as our family or as large as a body of believers and to draw this sort of question is straight out of the Devil's playbook. In the name of Jesus, May He rebuke you for this. You are doing the work of the adversary here, with this question. Shame on you. 

• Well Said! 1

8 hours ago, Betha said:

Did Paul have to live through Rom 7 ? obviously. How long did that last ? I'm sure Rom 8 did not follow the next day....so we need to allow time between 'now and later.....a period lasting longer or shorter with different people. I don't think it is only unbelieve some suffer from but also weakness and imperfection - holding up progress.  However, God's Plan will succeed !

There is no doubt it did not happen the next day. Israel did not straightway enter into the land of promise. The wilderness lay in the way. It was supposed to be a three week journey across the wilderness to the river Jordan. It took forty years. Why? Unbelief and confidence in the flesh had to die off. 

You mention this delay can also attributable to weakness and imperfections.  But is not tbis the entire point of  entering into the land of promise.... to make us strong?  If this is not the case, then it is only the strong who can enter in, amen? It leaves us in the position of saying that we mist somehow overcome first, without Him doing it in us, and then deemed worthy enough to be given victory. I pray we see the craziness of such a position, lol.

People have been taught we need more self-control in order to walk in the Spirit as overcomers.  They forget that one of the fruits of the Spirit IS ..... self control. ? 

So, if it is simply a time related issue, would not some have already entered in, having escaped the prison of Romans 7? Would not we see man and women who have escaped Romans 7 and entered into the rest as an overcomer? Where are they? Why do we not see them? Why not? Because we have been led into a deep sleep by tge enemy of our souls. But praise God, Jesus is even now awakening us to who we are in Christ. 

Up til now, saints have been taught that Romans 7 is the best God can do, that no one is perfect, that we are only human, and faith that God can.... and will.... keep us from falling is simply not found.  Multitudes live out their lives imprisoned in Romans 7, assuming this is 'normal'. We make the best of our life chained to our flesh, unable to taste of the free indeed Jesus promised us. But Romans 7, like the wilderness, is meant to be a place we all pass through, not a place we live out our lives, defeated and imprisoned by self. 

Paul stayed in Romans 7 just long enough until he HATED his old self nature. Here, the things one wants to do, they cannot. The things they want to avoid, they fall prey to. That, guys, is our old nature. That is what is holding us back from abiding in Him, where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.  Paul saw himself as a wretched man and he responded to that with a brokenness and heart cry for His deliverer to do what deliverers do.... deliver him from this body of death! And glory to God, Jesus did!

The man  who had declared his impotency in overcoming the desires of his flesh was able to declare 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" And why was he able to do so? Because he had come to the point he had NO strength. He finally understood his efforts to overcome self by self effort were futile. He looked away from himself just as those Children of Israel bitten by snakes who were dying from snake bites. 

We have up till now seen grace as what saves us. We are about to understand exactly how powerful grace really is. Grace teaches us the HOW of walking as holy, sold out, free indeed children. And what is the HOW? Grace thru faith! 

What a glorious day when we have come to the point of desperation in our battle to walk in holiness and righteousness before the God we love.

When we let God break us of our contentment without Godliness.

When we finally cry out to Him to bring us past sinnig and getting forgiven and instead to have our feet planted in victory and to walk as obedient children, pleasing Him all day, every day.

When we conclude we do not have it in us to walk that way.

Praisee God, that day is now upon us. Instead  of resting short of the land of promise, assuming this is the best God can do, we  give our God no rest, crying out to Him to deliver us from evil, and  from our old nature chained to it, just as He has promised. 

Dark days are approaching. We are about to be washed over with a tsunami of evil. The first shakings are already being manifested and God is gently trying to awaken us to the truth that will give us full protection... the faith that we are new creatures and that as such, satan cannot.... CANNOT.... cause us to fall. Thank you Father! 

What we have walked in up till now is simply not sufficient for us to overcome that which is headed our way. . But praise God, our savior is about to open our eyes to what we have needed all along. Him no longer WITH us but rather IN us!  

Simply stated, it is  the understanding that we really DID die when Christ died, and that when we arm ourselves with that truth, and declare as Paul did that it is no longer us that live, but Christ who now lives in us, we  discover God actually causes us as new creatures to obey Him.... every time! The fruits of the Spirit will begin to appear in our walks and of all who observe the changes He begins to bring about in us, we will be the most blown away. Glory! 

blessings,

Gideon

7 hours ago, Josheb said:

That is not an answer to the question asked. 

No, dear brother, that is exactly the answer. I pray you have eyes to see it. 

blessings, 

Gids