Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Peter tells us that we are given exceeding great and precious promises and i5 is by these promises, and our believing them, that we are changed into His image. 

The entire old testament points to one very clear goal. God wants us to believe Him. Not just believe IN Him

Believe Him.

Without faith, it is not just hard, it is impossible to please Him.  We nod our heads, because after all, we believe Him right? Yes, praise God, we do!  But what we have lost sight of is that we are to see that faith grow, fighting our good fight of faith. We are to overcome the world, the flesh and the devil by faith. How do we abide in Him? By faith! To what end? That we might be established in the faith unshakeable. 

So has our faith in Him, in what He promised us, grown? Yes, we have escaped Egypt, but there is more! And we cannot move forward until we step out of our boats of unbelief and trust what He has promised us. And what  has He promised us? Let's start with this one, for it is critical to our walk as overcomers. 

He has promised to not allow us to be tempted above our ability to resist, even assuring us that He will make a way of escape every time so that when we resist,  the devil will flee from us..... guaranteed. Wow!  

Some say "Yes, but we are only human.". I suspect God knew thst when He gave us that amazing promise, don't you? ?

Are we building ourselves up in our most holy faith, grabbing hold of such a promise that we so desperately need in order to walk as obedient children, or are we content to simply be forgiven, refusing through our unbelief to grow up into Him in all things.

Unbelief is the ultimate insult to God, for it declares our mind, our logic, our intelligence is more trustworthy than God Himself. In essence, it calls God a liar. 

In these last days, we see the shakings beginning to occur. Thank God, one of the things that will be shaken out of us as His children in unbelief. The promises of God are soon to be viewed, not as optional, but as an absolute necessity. 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Gideon said:

The promises of God are soon to be viewed, not as optional, but as an absolute necessity.

The LORD put this song on my heart when I read your post, Thank you for writing it. I Love the progression in these stanzas

1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
    Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
    Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
    Standing on the promises of God.
    • Refrain:
      Standing, standing,
      Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
      Standing, standing,
      I’m standing on the promises of God.
  2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
    When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
    By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
  3. Standing on the promises I now can see
    Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
    Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
  4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
    Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
    Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
  5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
    List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call,
    Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
  6. https://library.timelesstruths.org/music/Standing_on_the_Promises/

For me the great promise that began the growth in me was found in James 4.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. (James 4:7-10)

Anyone who finds they are distant from the will of God, should try this as this all begins with submitting. But what proved most true was the drawing Nigh to Him, and he WILL draw nigh to you. It does not say he may or he might, But he WILL draw nigh to you. That is a powerful promise, and if you stand on that promise he will draw nigh to you, and begin to discipline you as a Father does a son, and He will show His Love for you in ways you cannot imagine... The Caveat that separates this from word faith is found in the first six verses of that chapter, so the context must be fully understood in order to see this come to fruition.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

But what proved most true was the drawing Nigh to Him, and he WILL draw nigh to you. It does not say he may or he might, But he WILL draw nigh to you.

default_thumbsup.gif.ebd7d4a14cf1deb29aed7473d647212c.gif    Yes, He will and He has. He is God. God is light. His promises are true. All of them.
He is God. I am forgiven. His promise made it so, when I confess.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

6 hours ago, Traveler said:

Do not think that if you grow to the point where you start to walk in the fullness of the spirit that Satan will leave you to go your merry way. Persecution is sure to follow. If you are not being persecuted then you need to see if you are doing something wrong from the perspective of the kingdom of God. The events explained in the passage below is typical and often repeated right to this day. Note that it came from the religious establishment.

Very True!. When You start preaching Holiness, unity of the Spirit, and Power of the Spirit, Satan will come and try to bring confusion and cast doubt and destroy these Moves of God. There is nothing Satan hates more than the fulness of Christ manifesting in the saints. (Eph 4:10-17) Which is why He gives us the full armor of God. (Eph. 6) which we must Put on.

The false church has their mimics for all of these things, there is legalism and self righteousness for holiness, Ecumenism for the unity of the Spirit, And the "Force" (Aka god of forces) for the Power of the Spirit. 

For the wisdom and revelation of God, they have the enlightenment of Lucifer, and the Glorification of the mind of man (The carnal mind). For Miracles they have false signs and wonders, For Prophecy, they have the spirit of divination (python spirit)...

For every move of God and act of God Satan has his mimic, right down to the unholy trinity of the Dragon, the man of sin and the false Prophet which will manifest in the end times.

When Truth get spoken and heard by the sheep, Satan will send his servants to oppose the truth, Just like Jannes and Jambres this opposition always comes in pairs. Alexander and Hymeneus opposed the ministry of Paul in Ephesus immediately after a great miracle was done By Paul and many were beginning to receive the truth (Acts 19

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

There will always be believers that don't believe in the promises, i believe in hold on to them and i know that sometime they have to come into realisation. Remember Abraham and Daniel and the people of Israel as examples. Just saying i am not talking to you personally, but its what i believe.