IGNORED

Why Was God’s Grace On Jesus When He Was Without Sin?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

In Luke 2:40 it says “And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him”.

I have always understood that grace is for sinners, God needs to be gracious to us because we are sinful but have followed Jesus. But Jesus was without sin so why was the grace of God on him?

Thanks

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

4 hours ago, Open7 said:

In Luke 2:40 it says “And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him”.

I have always understood that grace is for sinners, God needs to be gracious to us because we are sinful but have followed Jesus. But Jesus was without sin so why was the grace of God on him?

Thanks

Grace (and wisdom, righteousness, justice) of God were on Him because He is and was and will always be God.

It's like saying, "BB's wisdom is on BB."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Grace is often defined as 'unmerited favour'. That means grace is utterly independent of sin - i.e. God's favour; regardless of whether or not we deserve it. Perhaps you are confusing grace with mercy. Mercy specifically implies overlooking sin. Grace does not consider one's sin status whatsoever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, Open7 said:

Thanks

I dont think grace just means for sin, i think it also is another way of saying favour. In other words Jesus had gods authority and it grew on him the same as his normal growth in earthly age.